Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Doctor Who Companions Have Had The Meanest Things Done To Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me this list is a very short list as I don't remember much of the old series..

1. Donna - For me this was the possibly the worst fate a companion that leaves has ever had to face.. That they can't even have a happy memory of the Doctor, and in the case of poor Donna she could die if she does..

2. Rory and Amy - The writers in the last couple of series have been very cruel to both of them, far crueller then I could ever recall to any one companion. What with Rory dying multiple times, Amy getting kidnapped, and then having her daughter kidnapped.. The cruelty never seemed to end..

3. Peri - I think the very last time we saw her she was about to get her head either cut off or shaved, and forcibly too. I wonder what her final fate was.

That's 3 off the top of my head, any more you can add to this list?
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 29 April 2012, 12:03 AM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

I think rose has to have had the worst thing done to her fell in love with the doctor got trapped in a parallel universe?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

For me this list is a very short list as I don't remember much of the old series..

1. Donna - For me this was the possibly the worst fate a companion that leaves has ever had to face.. That they can't even have a happy memory of the Doctor, and in the case of poor Donna she could die if she does..

2. Rory and Amy - The writers in the last couple of series have been very cruel to both of them, far crueller then I could ever recall to any one companion. What with Rory dying multiple times, Amy getting kidnapped, and then having her daughter kidnapped.. The cruelty never seemed to end..

3. Peri - I think the very last time we saw her she was about to get her head either cut off or shaved, and forcibly too. I wonder what her final fate was.

That's 3 off the top of my head, any more you can add to this list?
      Peri Brown had her Brain swapped withLord KIvs the doctor saw this as an assasination and a way for the valeyard to remove a potential witness from the trial . They later pulled Peri from a the timestream at the moment before her death and allowed her to live out the rest of her days as a warrior queen with lord kiv.

And there could be many alternate Peri's out there at least 3.

Source: Tardis wiki
      sigpic

Comment

For me, Peri certainly is one of the most hard done by, excluding those who actually died (well - Adric... I don't really count Katarina or Sara Kingdom, as they both were only in the series for 5 weeks or so).

Frankly I think death would have been better an option than living her days with King Yrcarnos! :} (Um - I'm talking purely tv series here - so ignoring the audios/etc)

Steven was basically kicked out of the TARDIS to go lead [The Savages]. Apparently it's pretty rough, though I haven't watched the recon of this story.

Vicki gets left in Ancient Troy after her actor tried to instigate a strike... That's pretty mean...

Similar to Donna, Jamie and Zoe have their memories erased in The War Games, leaving them only with their memories of their first adventure with the Doctor. They show Zoe's character back on the Wheel in Space...

TANYA: Are the Doctor and Jamie gone?
        ZOE: Yes, I've just seen them off.
        TANYA: Well, we'd better get back to work, you know. There's a lot to be done if we're going to get the Wheel back to normal. Are you sure you're all right?
        ZOE: Oh, yes. I thought I'd forgotten something important, but it's nothing.

So sad that line... Say what you will about Zoe, she was so loyal...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Adric died. That's pretty harsh.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            For me, Peri certainly is one of the most hard done by, excluding those who actually died (well - Adric... I don't really count Katarina or Sara Kingdom, as they both were only in the series for 5 weeks or so).

Frankly I think death would have been better an option than living her days with King Yrcarnos! :} (Um - I'm talking purely tv series here - so ignoring the audios/etc)

Steven was basically kicked out of the TARDIS to go lead [The Savages]. Apparently it's pretty rough, though I haven't watched the recon of this story.

Vicki gets left in Ancient Troy after her actor tried to instigate a strike... That's pretty mean...

Similar to Donna, Jamie and Zoe have their memories erased in The War Games, leaving them only with their memories of their first adventure with the Doctor. They show Zoe's character back on the Wheel in Space...

TANYA: Are the Doctor and Jamie gone?
            ZOE: Yes, I've just seen them off.
            TANYA: Well, we'd better get back to work, you know. There's a lot to be done if we're going to get the Wheel back to normal. Are you sure you're all right?
            ZOE: Oh, yes. I thought I'd forgotten something important, but it's nothing.

So sad that line... Say what you will about Zoe, she was so loyal...
            But Poor Donna wasn't even allowed one memory...... I thought that was like a living death. She's just back to the way she was before she met the Doctor and hadn't changed or improved.

I do like this bit about Vicki..... What was the strike business about and how did that render her trapped in Troy? Did they sack her and write her out of the story?

Was Zoe the one in the catsuit?
            Last edited by Coco Pops; 29 April 2012, 10:08 PM.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              I do like this bit about Vicki..... What was the strike business about and how did that render trapped in Troy? Did they sack her and write her out of the story?

Was Zoe the one in the catsuit?
              Yep, Zoe's the catsuit girl.

Vicki - played by Maureen O'Brien, was written out in "The Mythmakers". What I read recently was that she had encouraged the other cast members to argue over pay... and that she went on holiday having been offered a contract for 20 or so more episodes, but when she got back 4 weeks later, was given a new contract, for just 4 episodes (ie 1 story).

I have just read a different version of events, which had her complaining about her dialogue in "Galaxy 4", so the producer arranged for her to be written out.

Not sure which is true now. :} Either way... keep your mouth shut or get another job...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Hex, they basically went what can we do to Hex this story.

Comment

Working...
                X