Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Moffat explains exactly when the Doctor Who Christmas special takes place in River Song's life

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...ver-songs-life

Spoiler:

The Doctor and River Song are the ultimate on-again-off-again couple. Due to the vagaries of time travel, sometimes they’re married, and sometimes they don’t know each other at all.

We already know that River will appear in this year’s Christmas special, and that she doesn’t recognise the Doctor, but we didn’t know when exactly the story will take place.

Until Steven Moffat told us in this week’s edition of the Radio Times.

“It doesn’t really matter, but for those who care,” (it does matter, and we do, Steven) “it’s immediately after The Angels Take Manhattan [2012].”

For those without instant recall of our story guide (shame on you) the Moff clarifies the timeline: “River’s just seen Matt Smith’s Doctor lose Amy and Rory, and obviously before The Name of the Doctor [2013] because she’s dead in that.”

Speaking of ending things, Moffat also revealed that this might have been his last ever Doctor Who episode.

“We’ve just lost Clara, so I didn’t want to go straight into a new companion,” he went on. “I’ll be honest, I brought River Song back in because I thought there was a possibility I’d never write it [Doctor Who] again so that’d be my goodbye.”

Please, we've had all the goodbyes we can take recently.

Comment

The 12th Doctor and River Song are the perfect sexy older couple, says Steven Moffat

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...medium=twitter

She's met David Tennant's Ten and Matt Smith's Eleven, but when Alex Kingston's River Song collides with Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor we'll finally see Mr and Mrs Who at the same point in the ageing process. At least that's what Steven Moffat says...

"It's strange because they're now, in our human terms, the perfect couple", the showrunner tells this week's Radio Times. "They're both sexy older people."

"It's always been slightly strange before with Matt Smith," Moffat continues. "Now, yeah, they could actually be married. It works." [It worked before, Steven - Blen]

And when the pair head off on a "great romp for Christmas Day", we'll finally see exactly what Mr and Mrs Who can really do when they put their minds – and sonics – to it.

"If you're a long term fan of the show you might be interested because there's been a lot of talk about the Doctor and River's glory years but we've never seen them," he teases. "Here at last we see them as Mr and Mrs Who at the height of their powers. It's great fun."

Comment

Christmas Special promo pics and a synopsis!

Blogtor Who thinks we may be getting the title of that later today.

Synopsis

Spoiler:

It’s Christmas Day on a remote human colony and the Doctor is hiding from Christmas Carols and Comedy Antlers. But when a crashed spaceship calls upon the Doctor for help, he finds himself recruited into River Song’s squad and hurled into a fast and frantic chase across the galaxy. King Hydroflax (Greg Davies) is furious, and his giant Robot bodyguard is out-of-control and coming for them all! Will Nardole (Matt Lucas) survive? And when will River Song work out who the Doctor is?

All will be revealed on a starliner full of galactic super-villains and a destination the Doctor has been avoiding for a very long time.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...tmas-offerings

Promo pics

Spoiler:

Another fabulous dress!

Comment

So of course, thinking about it, when River says "Til the next time Doctor" at the end of The Name of the Doctor, she knew this would be coming up for him.

Comment

Another snippet about the Christmas special.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/recap-r...nder-78355.htm
            Spoiler:

Steven also mentioned that he was particularly impressed and proud with a ‘revelation’ scene for River Song in the upcoming Christmas special stating that “Alex’s performance is more passionate and moving than I thought possible”.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              Simply beautiful!

I'm so looking forward to Christmas!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

This made my day! River Song back on Doctor Who! Looking forward to a fun episode after all the darkness of late.

Comment

So excited!

Comment

Alex has been at the Chicago TARDIS convention & some bits & pieces have appeared via Twitter.

It's all a bit like this.

Matt Smith on River Song/Alex Kingston over the years

- Matt Smith (April 2011-Radio Times): [The Doctor] is too much of a space bachelor [to get married]. The universe is his mistress and he's not going to give her up for anyone! He finds marriage all rather peculiar, I have to say. To him, spending his whole life with someone is an alien concept. [With River]The Doctor gets to flirt, he just doesn't get all the rubbish stuff; He doesn't have to clean up! Maybe The Doctor will pack it all in and go and live in a shack with River, but I can't see it.

- Matt Smith (September 2012-Chatty Man): My Doctor's...got a wife, River Song, but I don't think he does anything with her...I just think he talks about atoms and, you know, aliens.

- Matt Smith (July 2013-The Nerdist): Well, and to me [the Doctor and River's relationship] sort of meant everything really, and to my Doctor, it was, you know, that’s his one big relationship in the show.

- Matt Smith (July 2013-Vulture Interview): Are we meeting a character we’ve met in the future? Yes. Is she my wife? Yes.[Interviewer: River is Eleven’s one true love, right?]Yeah! I think River and Amelia and Clara, but I think River in a different way to the others. River’s the only one ... She’s the only character that my Doctor has ever consciously kissed. And my Doctor’s not really that kissy.

- Matt Smith (July 2013-The Nerdist): [On the sexual aspect of the Doctor and River's marriage] After Hours, I know, but she would just eat him alive wouldn't she? And Kingston is an absolute terror I tell you.

- Matt Smith (November 2013-DW 50th Celebration): A courteousy email would be nice if another Doctor's gonna have a go at my wife.

- Matt Smith (February 2014- Wizard World): I'm really possessive over Alex! I said this to Steven, I was like, 'Listen mate, just don't--just not Alex.' Anyone else, but don't give [Capaldi] River, you know...But I am really proud of the fact that Alex was part of number Eleven's life...my wife!

And also from the Chicago TARDIS - a picture of Alex, her daughter & Paul McGann. It looks like the Doctor's family photo.

Comment

That pic now has me trying to figure out how River and Eight might have gotten along....Hmmmmm
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        That pic now has me trying to figure out how River and Eight might have gotten along....Hmmmmm
                        In January I'll let you know.

That's when this comes out.

Comment

The title of the Christmas episode & a promo poster is due to be released at midnight (UK time).

Comment

So, Blenca's staying up...
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup.

I have to anyway. I want to book my Tesco grocery delivery for Christmas & the slots open at midnight. I need to get one booked because they go fast & I detest grocery shopping in a supermarket near Christmas.

Comment

Doctor Who 2015 Christmas Special title revealed with new promotional picture

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...ial-title.html

Click for bigger.

The BBC have released the title and a new promotional from this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special - click on the image above for a bigger version. It is called...

The Husbands of River Song

It’s Christmas Day on a remote human colony and the Doctor is hiding from Christmas Carols and Comedy Antlers. But when a crashed spaceship calls upon the Doctor for help, he finds himself recruited into River Song’s squad and hurled into a fast and frantic chase across the galaxy. King Hydroflax (Greg Davies) is furious, and his giant Robot bodyguard is out-of-control and coming for them all! Will Nardole (Matt Lucas) survive? And when will River Song work out who the Doctor is?

All will be revealed on a starliner full of galactic super-villains and a destination the Doctor has been avoiding for a very long time.

The episode stars Peter Capaldi, Alex Kingston, Greg Davies and Matt Lucas and is written by Steven Moffat. It will air on Christmas Day in the UK on BBC One (time TBC).

Comment

Working...
                                X