Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to that!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Here's an advert for the Christmas issue of DWM.

Click for bigger.

Comment

I just saw on FB how it's being shown in theaters here. Along with 15 minutes of behind the scenes Some of the theaters anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, I've seen that. I hope the rest of us get to see this behind the scenes footage soon after.

Comment

Look!

There will be romance between the Doctor and River Song this Christmas, says Peter Capaldi

This Christmas, he’ll give her two hearts

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-peter-capaldi

After more than two years away from the series, Alex Kingston’s enigmatic sort-of-companion River Song is returning to Doctor Who for Christmas; and according to Peter Capaldi, the romantic element between the Doctor and his wife is far from over.

“Yes, there is [a chance for romance],” Capaldi said today at the debut Doctor Who festival in London. “I’m trying not to give it away."

Kingston’s last appearance came in 2013’s The Name of the Doctor, where she shared a kiss with Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith before saying her (apparently at the time) final farewells – but Capaldi was quick to insist that this appearance wouldn’t be a re-run of her relationship with Doctors past.

“My Doctor is different from the Doctors who were there when Alex first arrived,” Capaldi said. “This Doctor’s different from that. It’s a different dynamic.”

We can hardly wait – but after the Christmas special, how is Capaldi feeling about his future in the series, which Steven Moffat confirmed would not be taking a break next year as some had suspected?

“Next year’s a different thing, and it’s quite interesting and challenging, and scary,” Capaldi said.

“I’ve only done two series, but I’m amazed at how fast it’s gone. I’ve done 26 episodes now, you know. And every time you’ve got through a season, and you’ve discovered all these things about this new Doctor, it’s sort of scrapped and you start again. You have to come to it afresh and find new things – but that’s quite challenging and interesting.

“So I’m fascinated to know where we’re going to go. Because in some ways he’s much more amenable, but in other ways he’s even darker. So I think that makes for a very interesting character.”
            Last edited by Blencathra; 13 November 2015, 03:56 AM.

Comment

The BBC have released a promo pic from Hell Bent, which is a bit spoilery. Though what it means is anybody's guess.

Anyone who has the latest DWM may want to note that this picture is on page 30, with the caption...

Spoiler:

"The Doctor arrives in an American diner. But does he have a sad song to play..?"

Song???

Of course this must mean a return to...

What does it all mean??!

It's all so exciting!!!

Spoiler:

Could it be that Hell in High Heels herself is in Hell Bent?

Oh please let it be so!

Comment

Another article!

Doctor Who Christmas special 2015: Peter Capaldi says Time Lord wants to kiss River Song

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...r-Song-romance

ROMANCE could be in the air for the Time Lord in the Doctor Who Christmas special this year, Peter Capaldi has hinted.

The 57-year-old actor suggested that the Doctor wanted to lock lips with wife River Song, who will be making an appearance in the festive episode.

Asked whether the Time Lord would be getting up close and personal with River, the Scottish star said: "I think he'd like there to be some kind of kissing."

This year's Yuletide episode will see Alex Kingston reprising her role as the enigmatic River, who has not been in the science fiction drama since Peter took over the role of the Doctor from Matt Smith.

Speaking about working with the 52-year-old ER actress, Peter said: "It's great, she's lovely. I'd never met Alex before and everyone kept saying she's lovely.

"Jenna had just left, so I was bereft, sort of companionless. But of course Alex is a veteran of Doctor Who, she's been in it for longer than I have. But it's been absolutely delightful, great fun, clever and smart and a wonderful actress. She brought so much to it that she was great to work with," he added at the Doctor Who Festival in London.

A synopsis for the Christmas special was recently released by BBC America, giving fans a taster of what to expect: "It’s Christmas Day in the future and the TARDIS is parked on a snowy village street, covered in icicles, awaiting its next adventure. Time traveler River Song meets her husband’s new incarnation, in the form of Peter Capaldi, for the first time this Christmas."

It appears that the episode will not only introduce River and the 12th Doctor to one another, but also help the Time Lord recover from

Spoiler:
                the death of assistant Clara Oswald, played by Jenna Coleman. [I think they are just speculating here. Absolutely nothing has been confirmed about Clara's fate - Blen]

It was announced back in September that the 52-year-old Alex would be returning to the Tardis for a new story.

Reflecting on taking up the role again, the Bafta-nominated actress said: "To be honest, I did not know whether River would ever return to the show, but here she is, back with the Doctor for the Christmas special."

Showrunner Steven Moffat, who was at the festival, also spoke about the 12th Doctor and River, saying: "It's weird because Peter is hardwired into my head as the Doctor, the moment he stands next to River Song it makes perfect sense.

"The difference is that they look like the ideal couple now. Before there was a huge age gap between the actors Matt Smith and Alex Kingston and while they looked lovely together, that would draw attention as a couple. Now they're just super-sexy people in their fifties."

Comment

And some more! All this is coming from the Doctor Who Festival BTW.

http://www.urbannews.biz/peter-capal...g-bang-theory/

On the subject of t he Christmas episode, Moffat revealed it is “funny”.

“We’re getting quite dark towards the end of the series, I wanted to lighten it up again and remind people that it’s a chase, it’s a romp, it’s funny. It’s a very funny episode,” he said.

“I missed writing River and when I thought I could have River back – because I’m allowed – I just thought, that’s cheered me up a bit.”

Moffat continued: “At first, she doesn’t know who it is so that’s fun. I didn’t know which way Peter was going to go with it, but I think the Doctor’s just got – even in his current Caledonian form – a walloping crush on that woman.”

"A walloping crush on that woman"! Honestly I didn't think I could get any more excited for the Christmas Special. Well apparently I can.
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 13 November 2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Sounds completely awesome! What is it, 43 days (I think) until Christmas? Woot!
                    sigpic

Comment

It can't come soon enough.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything else that comes from the Festival.

Comment

A new article.

River Song doesn’t recognise the Doctor in this year’s Christmas special, Steven Moffat reveals

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...moffat-reveals

River Song and the Doctor - two star (and time) crossed lovers who keep meeting in the wrong order. When David Tennant’s Doctor first encountered River, she had already lived through their entire romance, while he had no idea who she was. In this year’s Christmas special, the tables are turned.

“That's how the Christmas special begins,” showrunner Steven Moffat revealed to fans at the London Doctor Who Festival, “she doesn't know it's him.”

The Doctor (played by Matt Smith) was there at the moment River regenerated into her current Alex Kingston form, so this story can’t take place before they knew each other. Could it be that River simply doesn’t recognise her formerly boyish lover in his new face? And why doesn’t the Doctor let her know who he is?

“It's an opportunity for the Doctor to find out the terrible truth: what his wife gets up to when he's not looking,” Moffat cackled. “No one should ever go through that!"

Well, that should cause some fights over the turkey.

“Merry Christmas!”

Comment

Tweet from Will Brooks showing a variant cover of Titan Comics February 2016 title.

Very nice!

Comment

Just saw the previews for next next week's episode and I'm coming up with a theory.
                            Spoiler:
                            He was at a place where he fears. He's going to save someone. Is he going to spend the next few weeks figuring out how to save River?
                            I know it's a stretch, but it's an idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

I dunno Ever. It's a possibility.

I am certainly getting the vibe that Hell in High Heels herself will be in Hell Bent.

It was the latest Doctor Who Magazine (DWM493) got me thinking.

In the preview for Heaven Sent/Hell Bent DWM says “Tomorrow, Peter takes a day off from shooting the Christmas Special to record his final scenes of Hell Bent…” Then Peter says “… there’s a sadness, a romance and a tragedy to Episode 12.” “It’s just so romantic. It’s very effective.”

I was thinking why would did they have to take off a day from filming from the Christmas Special to go back to film something for Hell Bent? Could it be that they needed Alex? The only candidate for a romantic scene with the 12th Doctor is River. Unless it's somebody else entirely... Clara and Danny?

Also in this latest edition of DWM there are three mentions of a “sad song”. On page 30 picture caption - “The Doctor arrives in an American Diner. But does he have a sad song to play…?” Page 31 - “CLARA: Is it a sad song?” and on the spine of the magazine itself - “Is it a sad song?”

Then a small detail - the rest of the previews are printed on plain paper. But the preview for Heaven Sent/Hell Bent has a background of dead trees (Forest of the Dead?)

Also

Spoiler:

there is a return to the Diner from The Impossible Astronaut. Goodness knows how that ties in.

I know the BBC released details from the Christmas Special which mention that it will be the first time that River meets the 12th Doctor. BUT will that be the first time that the 12th Doctor meets River? Has he met her before the Christmas Special? There have been other snippets from Steven Moffat, but to be honest I don’t believe anything that the arch-troll-in-chief says.

So I don’t know. I won’t be disappointed if River isn’t in Hell Bent, as we have the wonderful Christmas Special to look forward to. But I am thinking that we may get to see her sooner than we think, and that she will be very sad about something.

Comment

I made a thing for Tumblr.

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/13...d-tip-her-head

Comment

Working...
                                X