Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
    And since it wouldn't let me include both vids in one post, here's the other one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5OkHgcd6R0
    Thanks for sharing! I had forgotten this song...so perfect for them!

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
    I really need to come up with a new River and 11 fanfic! Lol! Anyone got any ideas that I could play with! lol !
    You could tackle the short story of the time he took her to the last great winter carnival referred to in A Good Man Goes to War:

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    I do agree that Doctor Who canon doesn't really need fixing, but there are a lot of holes that need to be filled, especially in River's timeline. So that gives us plenty of opportunities here!

(FYI, I am writing a piece right now. It's Rory & Doctor friendship, but it's Doctor/River implied. Just because I adore Rory and I feel like we haven't seen enough of him and the Doctor together without the girls.)
    Please link when done? I love Rory!

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    THANK YOU! How stinkin' cute!!!! I love the minisodes.

I'm still convinced River headed off to the library before the Snowmen. I think she stayed with him for a while cheering him up, trying to help him move on with his life. And then he realized she was headed for the library, knew he couldn't stop it, that it had to happen. And THAT lead to him sitting alone on the cloud. So my theory is that he wore the purple as a way to reject the heartbreak, then after the Snowmen thought again and maybe chose to wear the last outfit River picked out for him.
    That's my headcanon, unless Moffatt does something to change it. He's just so...incredibly withdrawn in The Snowmen.

Okay, looking through her videos, THIS is my new favourite video, OMG how beautifully it depicts this relationship!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EKGqA5KQfU
    Wow. Love.

Yes! We did it!

Alex Kingston Wins Anglo Fan Favorites Title, Named Woman of 2013
    Spoiler:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...woman-of-2013/

Nope, it wasn’t even close.

British actress Alex Kingston, Doctor Who‘s River Song and formerly ER‘s Elizabeth Corday, has won 2013 Anglo Fan Favorites women’s title, defeating Downton Abbey‘s Dame Maggie Smith by an overwhelming 77 percent to 23 percent score. It is the most lopsided victory we’ve ever witnessed in a Fan Favorites final.

Not to take anything away from Dame Maggie, who finally broke through to second place after two previous third-place finishes, but Kingston was never in peril of losing.

Kingston stands alongside actor Tom Hiddleston, who won his second straight men’s title back in August.

Carried through the tournament on a wave of fervor from her fans, the Kinglets, Kingston defeated big names such as J K Rowling, Karen Gillan, and 2011 winner Helena Bonham Carter on her way to her first title.

Bonham Carter takes this year’s third place title, avenging her loss to last year’s women’s champion Katie McGrath.
    YES!!!!!
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That's a wrap on the Christmas special people.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/farewel...medium=twitter

And Matt Smith is no longer filming new episodes. I feel empty. I'm going to miss him a lot.
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Yes I saw earlier. I'm going to miss him as well. He's been absolutely brilliant.

But I am looking forward to the next Doctor. And I'm looking forward to his interactions with River.

Comment

I love that theory, I agree that it was a pretty quick response.

And I'm gonna miss Matt
          sigpic
          My Site || My Blog

Comment

From twitter. Matt Smith and his Mum.

"It's a wrap!"

Spoiler:

Goodbye sweetie.

Comment

WELL!!!! I have solved my dilema of what to write for River and Her Doctor! LMAO!! I started a fic for right after RAIN GODS the minisode! LOL! Here is a small spoiler for it!! Hopefully it will be completed soon! LOL!

“You nearly got me sacrificed!” River reminded forcefully, though without her previous tone of annoyance. She was supposed to be having a nice dinner out with her husband, but like normal, it turned into an adventure with near death possibility; not that she minded. “We were supposed to be having dinner, nice, intimate, and without running.” Again, not that she minded the danger, the running; she loved it all, but it was the principle of the thing. “Just one time, a nice night.” River placed her hands on her hips looking at the man she loved more than life itself. She would do anything for the Doctor.

“I got us out of it, didn’t I?” The Doctor asked in a seductive tone. He came to River, invading her personal space the way he knew she liked. “Now, River,” He angled his head, his lips just above hers, “We could go to dinner or…” They were alone in the control room of the TARDIS, the emotions were stirring, the adrenaline riding them. When they were together everything came crashing down on them, but they loved it. “I have a few ideas about what we could do if dinner is out of the question, Professor Song.” The Doctor teased his wife.

“Don’t you dare,” River stressed, not in anger but in rising desire for her husband. “You get me into trouble,” She laughed lustfully. “Though, I like trouble sweetie.” Leaning closer, River’s lips barely kissed his as she whispered to him. The look in his eyes made her draw in a sharp breath mere seconds before he swooped in a kissed her with lustful intent that made her realize what was to happen next. As his lips devoured her moans his lower half pressed tight to her. River fisted her hands in his jacket; soon it would come off of him.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree with you in one respect about the ending being so final, LadyGJ But I think that was just Steven Moffat's way of dealing with the fact that the Doctor left River, his wife and his love, alone in the Library without attempting to go to her or save her.

BUT I think from now on we will still be seeing River, but perhaps younger versions of her, ie pre Library.

Here's some wild speculation (and slight filming spoilers for the Xmas Special)....

Spoiler:

Did you notice now the BBC have been keen to make sure there was nothing in the background on that video & how quickly the BBC made that video when they found out she'd won (within a day)? I think that's because she's at Cardiff right now.

They are filming the Christmas Special at the moment and various different people have spotted Peter Capaldi in Cardiff

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7337/1...b623fa31_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3712/1...a403f613_o.jpg

and this guy (who seems to have insider knowledge) tweeted this on Thursday

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3720/1...c27af604_o.jpg

SO... I think that River will be at the regeneration.

I think it would make sense for her to be there. Though it will probably break my shippy little heart.

I'm not sure how my shippy heart will take it. Beter than it did for Nine/Rose/Ten regeneration. That's for sure. Mostly because I LOVED Nine, and I had no idea he was leaving, and no idea how that might affect them.

WELL!!!! I have solved my dilema of what to write for River and Her Doctor! LMAO!! I started a fic for right after RAIN GODS the minisode! LOL! Here is a small spoiler for it!! Hopefully it will be completed soon! LOL!

“You nearly got me sacrificed!” River reminded forcefully, though without her previous tone of annoyance. She was supposed to be having a nice dinner out with her husband, but like normal, it turned into an adventure with near death possibility; not that she minded. “We were supposed to be having dinner, nice, intimate, and without running.” Again, not that she minded the danger, the running; she loved it all, but it was the principle of the thing. “Just one time, a nice night.” River placed her hands on her hips looking at the man she loved more than life itself. She would do anything for the Doctor.

“I got us out of it, didn’t I?” The Doctor asked in a seductive tone. He came to River, invading her personal space the way he knew she liked. “Now, River,” He angled his head, his lips just above hers, “We could go to dinner or…” They were alone in the control room of the TARDIS, the emotions were stirring, the adrenaline riding them. When they were together everything came crashing down on them, but they loved it. “I have a few ideas about what we could do if dinner is out of the question, Professor Song.” The Doctor teased his wife.

“Don’t you dare,” River stressed, not in anger but in rising desire for her husband. “You get me into trouble,” She laughed lustfully. “Though, I like trouble sweetie.” Leaning closer, River’s lips barely kissed his as she whispered to him. The look in his eyes made her draw in a sharp breath mere seconds before he swooped in a kissed her with lustful intent that made her realize what was to happen next. As his lips devoured her moans his lower half pressed tight to her. River fisted her hands in his jacket; soon it would come off of him.
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 26 November 2013, 06:21 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Nice teaser I should find some more time to write on my own
                  sigpic
                  My Site || My Blog

Comment

Meant to comment on the story up there.. LOVED IT! Is there more to it or just a one shot?
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I'm not sure how my shippy heart will take it. Beter than it did for Nine/Rose/Ten regeneration. That's for sure. Mostly because I LOVED Nine, and I had no idea he was leaving, and no idea how that might affect them.
                      My heart (shippy or not) will NOT take it. Actually, it will probably make it worse if River is there, eh. Even though I really wish she was. I will have my box of tissues next to me while I watch anyway.

Doctor Who is probably the show that made me cry the most. (There are others that have really sad endings out there, but, with DW, it happens almost every time there's a regeneration or a companion leaves. Le sigh.) Plus Eleven became my favourite Doctor, so I'm very sad to see him go.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Meant to comment on the story up there.. LOVED IT! Is there more to it or just a one shot?
                        This fic is in its beginning stages! LOL! I'm still deciding whether to make it T rated or M rated!! LMAO! With River and the Doctor you never can tell what they are gonna go! LOL! Rest assured there will be MORE... much much MORE to this fic! lol!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          My heart (shippy or not) will NOT take it. Actually, it will probably make it worse if River is there, eh. Even though I really wish she was. I will have my box of tissues next to me while I watch anyway.

Doctor Who is probably the show that made me cry the most. (There are others that have really sad endings out there, but, with DW, it happens almost every time there's a regeneration or a companion leaves. Le sigh.) Plus Eleven became my favourite Doctor, so I'm very sad to see him go.
                          I know. I've wept buckets over Doctor Who. Like you I've cried more over DW than any other TV show. I think the ones that got me going most are The End of Time (for Donna), Vincent and the Doctor, The Doctor's Wife, The Angels Take Manhattan and The Name of the Doctor.

This fic is in its beginning stages! LOL! I'm still deciding whether to make it T rated or M rated!! LMAO! With River and the Doctor you never can tell what they are gonna go! LOL! Rest assured there will be MORE... much much MORE to this fic! lol!
                          Great fic! I'll be interested to read more.

Comment

I know. I've wept buckets over Doctor Who. Like you I've cried more over DW than any other TV show. I think the ones that got me going most are The End of Time (for Donna), Vincent and the Doctor, The Doctor's Wife, The Angels Take Manhattan and The Name of the Doctor.
                            The End of Time is horribly sad. Especially cause you think everything is going well, everyone's flying the TARDIS, it's awesome and wonderful. And then they break your heart.
                            And add Doomsday to that list for me. I'm not huge Ten/Rose shipper (I like them enough, but I don't particularly visit that part of fandom often), but Doomsday got to me. The End of Time had me in tears too. And the finales of Torchwood season 2 and Torchwood: Children of Earth...
                            sigpic

Comment

O yes, DW brings one to tears over and over again. And I love that about the show. I definitly add thoose eps to the list, too, Lady.
                              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Not really River/Eleven related but... Were any of view able to get tickets to see the 50th in theatres?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X