This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Torchwood Institute had remained open

And I mean TW1, not Jack's little ragtag operation. Do you think it would have made future Doctor Who seasons more interesting? Granted there is UNIT, but they didn't employ alien technology the way Torchwood did. It think it would have made an interesting plot point in many of the following seasons to have a third party participating in modern alien invasions, rather than just the doctor and whomever is invading Earth that day.
    sigpic

Only if they sorted the organisation the frak out.

I really dislike Hartman's version of Torchwood.... it was so... childish. Tbh. It was like a kids vision of a super secret intelligence agency.

If they'd been able to write Torchwood One like 'Spooks' or akin, then it would have been fantastic. But not with the dodgy cartoony technology (seriously, giant gold levers that can be operated via hand or computer?), dodgy acting (Agyman), dodgy leaders (Hartman) or an inconsistent MO regarding the Doctor...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I agree the idea of Torchwood is better than any of the implementations we have seen screen.

I was always disappointed with Torchwood with size and the status of the organisation under Jack control. An the one we saw in Doctor Who was childish. Shame that it was not invented by Moffat, it would have been a lot more mature than it is i think.
      Last edited by knowles2; 28 August 2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I'd have liked to see the other Torchwood sections come into play. There was mention of them in the states and asia at some stage.

Archaeis put it well, them serving as a third party in alien encounters, acting in their own interest, playing the role of ongoing villains maybe ? At least for one season would have been nice.
        sigpic
        What a show !

Comment

Originally posted by VengefulSpud View Post
          I'd have liked to see the other Torchwood sections come into play. There was mention of them in the states and asia at some stage.

Archaeis put it well, them serving as a third party in alien encounters, acting in their own interest, playing the role of ongoing villains maybe ? At least for one season would have been nice.
          RTD had no long term vision...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Nope he does not. An that a fatal flaw when making serials, which is precisely what Torchwood has turn into.

Comment

Hmm, Torchwood as the SGC and NiD rolled into one ... i smell a crossover of Epic proportions

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                Hmm, Torchwood as the SGC and NiD rolled into one ... i smell a crossover of Epic proportions

N.C
                I started writing one called 'For the Empire' on fanfiction.net, but real life took over, and I don't have time these days. I think I uploaded four installments...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X