• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's quite good!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      Like Greenee in the above post, I wasn't sure where to post this.

It's a fan-made short film about the Weeping Angels. I thought it was good, and a wee bit scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6RA...ature=youtu.be
      That's great! I love well-made, serious fan-made short vids like this! They just add to the richness of the Whoniverse and, I personally think that as long as they don't feature any incarnation of the Doctor (TV or even fan-created) being played by a fan, then their canonical spin-offs. I'm sorry I just don't like seeing a fan trying to be, say for example, Tom Baker or Matt Smith's Doctor. Only Tom and and the others Matt are the Doctor. Does that make sense? It just ruins the illusion in my humble opinion.

I'd like to recommend these three well-made fan vids:

Deconstruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287yGFPKd4M
      (Attack of a certain alien menace on an Earth colony)

Restoration of the Daleks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzoeV_xMvA
      (A short scene in a laboratory most likely post-Remembrance of the Daleks and pre-Time War.)

The Dalek That Time Forgot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbf28RPy4FY
      (A sequel to Victory of the Daleks, a prequel to The Stolen Earth also featuring a scene during the Time War but before the Doctor took the Warrior potion in The Night of the Doctor.)
      Last edited by Alan; 02 April 2014, 04:17 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A wee mit scarry? When he turn round that corner to look directly at the second angel. it realy made me jump.
        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

The setting, with the rain, was the worst part. I get creeped out by enclosed spaces
          sigpic

Comment

Brilliant vid. The weeping angels are one of the best scary monsters ever.

Comment

"A scary looking statue has just appeared from nowhere in front of me. I think I'll go and take a closer look..."

As we say here in Scotland, giesabrek.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Oh yes. I agree - the weeping angels are the scariest monster EVER!
                sigpic

Comment

Thought for the day -

Weeping Angel Vs. Raston Warrior Robot.

Who'd win?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Weeping angels are the worst - "Blink' scared me completely - I can only imagine what it did to younger viewers!
                    sigpic

Comment

My daughter was petrified. Just as it should be. Doctor Who - scaring kids for generations.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      "A scary looking statue has just appeared from nowhere in front of me. I think I'll go and take a closer look..."

As we say here in Scotland, giesabrek.
                      Ah'd be a bit moithered me'sen.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Thought for the day -

Weeping Angel Vs. Raston Warrior Robot.

Who'd win?
                      *ponders* I think the weeping angel. The arrows would just ping off it.

Comment

weeping angels are definitely the w0rst
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Weeping angels are the worst - "Blink' scared me completely - I can only imagine what it did to younger viewers!
                          Blink was scarry all right. But Flesh and Stone /Time of Angels had me terrifeid, and actully made suspicous towards all kind of angle stutues whether on picturs or in reallife (doesn't matter to know it's just fiction). They are absolutly brillant monsters.
                          Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I just don't get the hype. I never saw Blink as anything else than just another silly Tennant episode in the same mould as Fear Her or The Idiot's Lantern.
                            The statues weren't scary then and they certainly weren't scary in the Time Of Angels(their moving looked preposterous). Granted, the idea that they move when you're not looking is good, but SCP has made far better use of it. Besides, the shape they take(Angels) makes no sense.

Don't get me started on the one in which they were in Manhattan...
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I like Blink, though it is not my favourite ep. Also I'm not sure if it reaky is the best ep to itroduce someone to the show, if you want him or her to realy get hooked. I tried it with Blink with three peeple and faild I tried it once with the 11th hour and succseeded. (Though that was probbaly because he was more likely to like the show than the others anyway ). But a Monster you can't take your eyse of is absolutly scary. But I think it'y not only that. It's the speed as well. But even more I think, it's the fact, that there are so many statues in our citys, something Doctor Who has always been good at: take somwething from our every dayt' live and turn it not only into a monster, but something you hardly could control.

Comment

Any of you guys played the Doctoe Who version of the 2048 game?

Haven't gotten past Nine myself.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X