Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Bayeux Tapestry one.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

This is fun. Handy for anyone planning a trip to London.

Mapped: Doctor Who In London

http://londonist.com/2013/03/mapped-...-in-london.php

Funny the way Doctor Who’s aliens always seem to invade England, isn’t it? It’s not as if we’re particularly important. Maybe the dozens of terrifying invasion forces have been confused by the intergalactic success of the BBC World Service (Westway, we’re told, had a big fanbase in Alpha Centauri).

Or maybe they’re all working off out-of-date history books, and think they’re invading the nerve centre of an empire covering a quarter of the globe. In the event that the nation’s favourite Time Lord ever fails to repel them, the Daleks are going to be deeply embarrassed to discover that all they’ve won possession of is a slightly rainy archipelago full of financial services professionals and sarcasm.

So often has contemporary London been the target of invasion, in fact, that we decided to map the attempts. Below you can see all the bits of London that have been pivotal in half a century of Doctor Who stories. Some of these places were the target of some specific plot or another; others were the location of the secret government base that repelled them.

We’ve also, because we’re nice like that, colour coded them by which Doctor it was that defeated them:

Blue blobs represent the 1960s (plain for William Hartnell, dotted for Patrick Troughton)
      Green ones represent the 1970s (plain for Jon Pertwee, dotted for Tom Baker)
      Yellow ones represent the 1980s (plain for Peter Davison, dotted for Colin Baker, pins for Sylvester McCoy)
      Red ones represent the contemporary series (plain for Christopher Eccleston, dotted for David Tennant and pins for Matt Smith)
      In addition, the purple blobs relate to spin offs, while orange envelopes are other bits of Who-related information taken from the so-called real world.
      Paul McGann doesn’t count. (Seriously, we only met him once, and that was in Vancouver San Francisco.)

We’ve drawn two main conclusions from this exercise. One is that the series has become much more London-centric since it returned to our screens in 2005 – which is odd as, unlike the 20th century equivalent, it’s now made 150 miles up the M4 in Cardiff. The other is that we have too much time on our hands.

Anyway, if anyone needs us we’ll be working on our plan to use genetically modified semi-cybernetic otters to conquer Erith.

Interactive map - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...,0.877533&z=10

Comment

That is pretty cool.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Wheeeeeee! Look what's coming soon from Underground Toys!

Comment

Oh, cool!

Dunno if I'd buy the set though, I just want a Brigadier action figure.
            sigpic

Comment

What about this? I want one I love gimmicky stuff like this. And it's Doctor Who ...

Anyone know where to buy one and if they ship to Australia?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Is that... real?!

Is that... a spoiler?!
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  Is that... real?!

Is that... a spoiler?!
                  Not a spoiler just merchandise

Comment

Well we had the dodgy junk TARDIS set... (Not that it came out before the ep.. Right?)
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      What about this? I want one I love gimmicky stuff like this. And it's Doctor Who ...

http://doctorwhotoys.net/personaltar...ed2%20copy.jpg

Anyone know where to buy one and if they ship to Australia?
                      Hmmm... That'd need to be pretty rugged if it's meant for younger kids. I can see the Time Rotor snapping off if one's not careful.
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 August 2013, 08:48 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Hmmm... That'd need to be pretty rugged if it's meant for younger kids. I can see the Time Rotor snapping off if one's not careful.

Well it's better then a Judoon Helmet.... "snickers to self"

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Well it's better then a Judoon Helmet.... "snickers to self"
                          Mind out of gutter, boy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Mind out of gutter, boy.
                            Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? That's not even rude.

The Judoon Helmet the one product that hasn't sold many of

Comment

Forbidden Planet are releasing a lot of Hedgewicks merchandise. You can take home a souvenir from Hedgewicks World Theme park including prints, travel passes. mugs, t-shirts and badges.

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....s-merchandise/

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?tag=doct...c&affid=tdws06

I rather like the mugs.
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 15 May 2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I like the map.

I can't be sure, but it looks like the work of Graham Bleathman to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X