This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    Extrapolation of the Alliance formed in "The Pandorica Opens". In the same way that the Teselecta cleans up bad people, she's taking down the biggest influence of countless words, the destroyer of plans and schemes, the universal meddler...
    That's the role she's played. That's not who she is as a character though. What I'm interested in is her backstory, like where she came from, how she came to hate the Doctor and his companions, and how she got herself mixed up with the Silence.
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 28 September 2011, 08:47 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      That's the role she's played. That's not who she is as a character though. What I'm interested in is her backstory, like where she came from, how she came to hate the Doctor and his companions, and how she got herself mixed up with the Silence.
      YES I'd like to see her back story too. She seems more interesting then our regular characters
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yeah, Kovarian is an interesting character, it seems strange that we havent really had much backstory to her, shes just kinda popped up, we will probably learn something about her on Saturday. Im seeing a scene with just her, River Song and the Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
          Just skimmed through the second half of the season, checking the Doctor's wardrobe:

LKH - frock coat
          NT - tweed jacket
          TGWW - frock coat
          TGC - tweed jacket
          CT - frock coat

Now, we can presumably assume that wardrobe department aren't that careless and that they haven't been so clumsy with continuity. So, what's SM up to? I'd guess it's one of two reasons: one of the two (and I can't quite work out which) is a 'ganger, or that one is his 200-year-older self.

My problem with the latter is the timeline. He's had (at least) ten regenerations in c.900 years of life, yet manages to squeeze out another two hundred without needing a single one. I think I'll go with 'ganger, with SM using the clothes (since he did that pointedly in "The Almost People") as the marker of difference. However, just to confuse us, the Doctor's clothes are apparently identical (apart from hats) in "The Impossible Astronaut".
          you did watch the previous episode didn't you?

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-on-r...nale-26908.htm
            Moffat on the finale and confirming most questions will be answered...

Just rewatched the end of the episode again, and noticed a very strangely shaped bubble that doesnt seem to rise in the background...
            Could just be some weed though...
            Also, this may sound like a silly question, but wheres the gun?

And from the prequel, we know times frozen just a few minutes before the Doctors death, Ive been thinking, maybe this is to stop the Doctor from having to go to his death, because we know his death is at a certain time.
            Maybe a plan put into force by the Doctor or someone else, so the Doctor can sort everything out before hes meant to be at the beach to die?

Comment

What gun? The Astronaut suit had some built in blaster in the gloves, the pistol was used by the other River on the beach.
              sigpic
              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Yeah, Kovarian is an interesting character, it seems strange that we havent really had much backstory to her, shes just kinda popped up, we will probably learn something about her on Saturday. Im seeing a scene with just her, River Song and the Doctor.
                I wish they had scripted River to shoot her.......She may be interesting but she needs to be shot.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                  What gun? The Astronaut suit had some built in blaster in the gloves, the pistol was used by the other River on the beach.
                  Maybe the blaster is in the astronauts glove, but I think it looked like a blaster...

Also...

Thought we would be seeing Dorium like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Maybe the blaster is in the astronauts glove, but I think it looked like a blaster...

Also...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFB7...&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlLw9...&feature=feedu

Thought we would be seeing Dorium like that...
                    Thanks for posting these clips. I'm definitely glad that Ian McNeice is back as Winston Churchill. But he ain't exactly Churchill in this episode. That clip with Dorium was definitely intriguing. I don't expect to know what the Question is but I'm more interested in what the Doctor has got to do with the question and why the Silence are determined to stop him, specifically to stop him from reaching Trenzalore.
                    sigpic

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-series-...pics-26966.htm
                      More picturs from the finale

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-wedding...d-up-26912.htm
                      Roundup of all we know + an interesting picture

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-wedding...ctor-26920.htm
                      SPOILER, looks like River Song could be marrying
                      Spoiler:
                      The Doctor

Also, just had a thought, is Canton in this episode?
                      Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 October 2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

A big revelation may remind you of Little Britain
                        Spoiler:
                        Tom Baker voiceover?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Tom Baker voiceover?
                          There was mention in one of the links I've seen in the last 24 hours:
                          Spoiler:
                          Something to the effect of a very unexpected old friend will appear

Comment

I figured that they were just talking about....
                            Spoiler:
                            Charles Dickens
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, some of our theories were right, some were wrong.
                              A very good series and a very good ending!

Comment

I figured that they were just talking about....
                                Spoiler:
                                Charles Dickens
                                I was under the impression that they were referring to the Brigadier.

Comment

Working...
                                X