This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    The BBC have released details for Week 40, which includes the synopsis of the episode of the current series of Doctor Who, The Wedding Of River Song; this is due to be broadcast on BBC One/BBC One HD on Saturday 1st October. The time will be confirmed next week.

The episode is written by showrunner Steven Moffat and directed by Jeremy Webb.

As the Doctor makes his final journey to the shores of Lake Silencio in Utah, he knows only one thing can keep the universe safe – his own death – in the concluding episode of this series of the time-travelling drama. But has he reckoned without the love of a good woman?

Found by Blencathra
    Sonds good!
    Is this the "one and only time" that the Doctor can tell someone his name? Will we ever find out what it is?

According to the TARDIS Wikia several people over the years have been known to know his real name including The Master who most certainly must know it as they grew up together so it's not a world shattering secret.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Is this the "one and only time" that the Doctor can tell someone his name? Will we ever find out what it is?
      I've been mulling this over and have come up with a possible theory.

Thus far, all of the suggestions I've seen have been very specific--when the Doctor is dying, when the universe is ending, when he's getting married, or some other sort of huge event.

But what if it's something very simple--the only time he could tell his name would be to another Time Lord? So, since the Doctor is the last of his kind, there is no one to tell. Except River knows his name. Therefore, River must be a Time Lady, and therefore inherently someone special to the Doctor. Basically, to his mind, he just saw quite possibly the only other TimeL in existence die in front of him... again.

Erm... yeah. You see why I haven't mentioned this extremely far-fetched, unlikely theory until now.

Comment

I got the impression from the Library two-parter that RTD wasn't going to divulge the Doctor's name. I'm (personally) hoping that SM doesn't either...

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
          I've been mulling this over and have come up with a possible theory.

Thus far, all of the suggestions I've seen have been very specific--when the Doctor is dying, when the universe is ending, when he's getting married, or some other sort of huge event.

But what if it's something very simple--the only time he could tell his name would be to another Time Lord? So, since the Doctor is the last of his kind, there is no one to tell. Except River knows his name. Therefore, River must be a Time Lady, and therefore inherently someone special to the Doctor. Basically, to his mind, he just saw quite possibly the only other TimeL in existence die in front of him... again.

Erm... yeah. You see why I haven't mentioned this extremely far-fetched, unlikely theory until now.
          I like that thought but in the Wikia article it mentions past people who have known his name.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/dwm-439-wed-or-dead-26109.htm
            DWM 439 Issue
            Props go to Blencathra for posting it first in the news section.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-god-com...sers-26108.htm
            More teasers for The God Complex

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/christmas-2...ails-26083.htm
            Christmas news

Comment

SPOILERS for The God Complex

It would seem that putting them into that house was a definate plot device
              It would seem next weeks episode is set 200 years in the Doctors future, and all the stuff we saw him doing while the Ponds were at home in The Impossible Astronaut, hs been doing...
              http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/roberts-rev...ails-26227.htm

Also, some trailers for next weeks episode
              http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/next-time-o...time-26163.htm

Comment

Which episode is the pyramid with AREA 52 on the side?

Comment

Oh and how is it that in the 1960s the FBI manages to get dwarf star alloy to make the priosn for The Doctor?

Bit convenient and illogical.

Comment

Ya know. I kinda miss the days when Dr.Who was a science fiction show.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                      Ya know. I kinda miss the days when Dr.Who was a science fiction show.
                      What do you mean it's always been a scifi show.

Comment

And which episode is the big pyramid with Area 52 on the side?

Comment

And which episode is the big pyramid with Area 52 on the side?
                          Must be the finale
                          And Doctor Who is definately a sci fi show...

Comment

You know what would be cool. An episode on the TARDIS, not just an adventure but "a day in the life of" kind of episode where we see what they do between adventures and so forth. Plus they can maybe show us some more of the TARDIS.

Comment

You know what would be cool. An episode on the TARDIS, not just an adventure but "a day in the life of" kind of episode where we see what they do between adventures and so forth. Plus they can maybe show us some more of the TARDIS.
                              It would be interesting for the fans. And completely, utterly boring for everyone else. Who watches TV to see how someone's day goes, when it goes completely normally. (Apart from the people who watch Big Brother live feed...)

Comment

Yeah, maybe not an episode, maybe like a side video...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/pics-from-c...ming-26240.htm
                                Looks like we will be seeing
                                Amy and Rory in the Christmas special as these pcis show the Doctor showing up at Amy and Rorys home at Christmas...

Comment

Working...
                                X