Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From "Rose" to "The Big Bang" -- what did(n't) happen? (series 31 spoilers ahoy!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doctorluke View Post
    what is the RTD era? amy didn't know about the daleks, cyberman and others, because time was re-written. That's what the docter says on The Time of Angels anyway.
    Russell T Davies reign over doctor who as head writer, basically the 9th (Christopher Eccleston) and 10th (David 'Awesome' Tennant) doctors
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      "wibbly wobboly timey whimey"
      I'm not sure if it's bad or wonderful that this is the most plausible explanation in the thread, at least to me
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I'm not sure if it's bad or wonderful that this is the most plausible explanation in the thread, at least to me
        hahaha, it really sums it all up, Im sure in a years time or so everything will make much more sense, I don't think we're anywhere near done with this plot yet..

Comment

SO THAT'S THE RTD ERA! makes sense. I miss david tennant, he's awesome and i wish he was the doctor again.

Comment

hahaha, it really sums it all up, Im sure in a years time or so everything will make much more sense, I don't think we're anywhere near done with this plot yet..
            Indeed. The Silence and The Voice that says "silence will fall" are still out there. I look forward to the next series to find out what exactly The Silence is who The Voice is.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

As far as me and most of my friends are concerned every ridiculous over the top event from the RTD era never happened. Or rather the world doesn't remember them happening.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance peoples but what is retconning
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Pardon my ignorance peoples but what is retconning
                  It's shorthand for "retroactive continuity", meaning when newer incarnations of something (in this case, newer episodes of a TV series) rewrite what 'actually' happened in past events (such as past episodes).

It's also often used to fill in the blanks of stuff between stuff that happened on-screen. For instance, in Star Trek II, Khan talks about recognizing Chekov, even though "Space Seed" was in season 1 of TOS and Walter Koenig didn't join the cast until season 2. This is a case of off-screen retconning Chekov into the crew before we ever 'met' him.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    It's shorthand for "retroactive continuity", meaning when newer incarnations of something (in this case, newer episodes of a TV series) rewrite what 'actually' happened in past events (such as past episodes).

It's also often used to fill in the blanks of stuff between stuff that happened on-screen. For instance, in Star Trek II, Khan talks about recognizing Chekov, even though "Space Seed" was in season 1 of TOS and Walter Koenig didn't join the cast until season 2. This is a case of off-screen retconning Chekov into the crew before we ever 'met' him.

Oh I get that now thanks for the explanation
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Interesting....lifted from Gallifrey Base (which in turn apparently took it from DWM):

DWM: So, what exactly has or hasn't happened in the doctor who universe, now that the series is over? Are all bets off, as far as doctor who 'history' as we know it?

SM: more like all bets that we feel like ignoring are off. The increasing problem in doctor who is that the people in the show live on a completely different planet from us. They're like 'look, more aliens, planets in the sky, ho hum!'

but history has wibbled. Without being too explicit about it, we can have characters suprised at the existence of aliens again. If we feel like it. But let's be honest - it's only us fans who give a toss about all this. So don't expect any 'history has wibbled' scenes. This is just a way for us all to justify continuity errors to ourselves, so we can sleep at night. Don't all thank me at once. N'night.
                      Link, though you can't view it unless you have a validated account there.

Comment

That's pretty much what I thought. Obviously companions have an excuse to still remember events too since they travelled with the doctor and so see things with a different perspective. assuming we see any of the RTD companions ever again.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Does anyone know if Steven Moffet has a twitter account or blog or something where we could ask him this question?

Comment

Does anyone know if Steven Moffet has a twitter account or blog or something where we could ask him this question?
                            Steven Moffat's Twitter page: http://twitter.com/steven_moffat. Like his Profile Pic...flanked by the Doctor and Sherlock Holmes.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                            X