This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    I think this is a much more realistic plan. It's more consistent with the Daleks the Ninth and Tenth Doctors faced down than Sec transforming himself into a hybrid.

As for the NYC setting, I personally would have liked something in Britain much more but that's purely a personal taste thing. The episodes that were set here in the US seemed...off some how. I can't quite put my finger on it.
    The US characters in Doctor who have a tendency to be very over the top. Even for Americans. Henry Van Statten is a prime example of this. However it's been the same ever since the classic series as well..............need I remind everyone of the 6th Doctors companion, Peri?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      The US characters in Doctor who have a tendency to be very over the top. Even for Americans. Henry Van Statten is a prime example of this. However it's been the same ever since the classic series as well..............need I remind everyone of the 6th Doctors companion, Peri?
      I admit I had a few big laughs when Van Statten got mindwiped by Goddard after the Dalek scragged itself. I had much the same reaction when Harold Saxon vaporized President Winters in The Sound of Drums.
      sigpic

Comment

Americans can't understand the joy non-Americans have seeing stereotypical or hyper-American Americans get what's coming to them.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
          Really?! I thought Waters of Mars was fantastic.
          it was brilliant
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            Love & Monsters is actually one of my all time favourites!

And there's something terribly innocent and sweet in Fear Her. I do, however, hate The Idiot's Lantern with a passion. Prbably my least favourite in the show.
            I admit that the Doctor running with the Olympic torch was satisfying to watch.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              I admit that the Doctor running with the Olympic torch was satisfying to watch.
              i love that
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i love that
                Yeah, it had a funny Chariots of Fire feel to it.
                sigpic

Comment

I avoid the Colin Baker episodes like the plague. Poor guy. He seems a lovely chap but most of his stories are very poor. Though I have to say I do fancy watching Twin Dilemma which has frequently been voted the worst episode of Dr Who ever. I don't remember seeing it first time round and just fancy seeing exactly how bad it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    I avoid the Colin Baker episodes like the plague. Poor guy. He seems a lovely chap but most of his stories are very poor. Though I have to say I do fancy watching Twin Dilemma which has frequently been voted the worst episode of Dr Who ever. I don't remember seeing it first time round and just fancy seeing exactly how bad it is.
                    Yeah he is also my least favourite doctor followed by Slyvester McCoy. I actually like Paul McGann eventhough his story was one of the worst ever...which reminds me if we include classic Who then I would like to add

Doctor Who - The Movie

EUGH!
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      Yeah he is also my least favourite doctor followed by Slyvester McCoy. I actually like Paul McGann eventhough his story was one of the worst ever...which reminds me if we include classic Who then I would like to add

Doctor Who - The Movie

EUGH!
                      What's worse is that The Movie is the only bit of Classic Who I have seen! Except for numerous clips of numerous episodes through the internet.

Comment

That is tragic, because the movie is abomination! You have never seen the doctor on SciFi? You have to! I don't know if SciFi does re-runs but if not then there is always netflix for you guys over there....
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

For me my all time bad episodes.........

The Pirate Planet - Some really spectacular bad FX... Flying speedboats. They were speedboats. Had they cut all that out it would have been better. Those moments just put me off.

The Happiness Patrol. - What the hell were the writers thinking (or smoking)

Love & Monsters - Adds new meaning to the phrase "pounding the beat"

Fear Her - Oh dear.. lame
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The Web Planet

I've been trying to watch it for the last 3 weeks but I keep falling asleep during the episodes. It's so, so bad.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My worst ever episodes

Timelash
                              Love And Monsters
                              Fear Her
                              Time And The Rani (although I love The Rani)
                              Any episode with the Slitheen

I actually liked Daleks In Manhattan and Evolution Of The Daleks. I liked the idea of more sane evolved Daleks.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

All the Tennant filler episodes(basically 80% of his era), the Moffaty-woffaty nonsense episodes in the Smith and Capaldi eras, The Highlanders and The Macra Terror.
                                And Time and the Rani.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X