This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soundtrack (spoilers)

is there going to be a soundtrack for this years movies? specifically im looking for a certain song that played during the end of time part 2. it was at the end, with 5 notes with a woman's voice, played during the wedding and book signing.

i hope so
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I do as well, Murray Gold's music is always gold in my book ( )

I just think his music fits with all the scenes so perfectly. Either that or he moulds the scene with his music into whatever he wants it.

I have been looking for it as of late, seeing if I can find out anything.

Comment

I do deeply want a soundtrack released for the specials....

Comment

I have heard a rumour that it will be February, but I am trying to find something more concrete as it was supposed to be Murray Gold who was dropping hints about it.

I think it is a safe bet that they will release a CD of it, as Series 1-4, Torchwood and Children of Earth have soundtracks released.

sigpic

Comment

the music the ood sang near the end of end of time was awesome
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              the music the ood sang near the end of end of time was awesome
              Ood music =epic win

Comment

I really want the music from the end of waters of mars. Right before Adelaide shot herself. And of course the music from when the master sacrificed himself to try and kill Rassilon.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I really want the music from the end of waters of mars. Right before Adelaide shot herself.
                  *sigh* -- great musically inclined minds thinking alike..

(do) you mean the part that began when the shuttle blew up and the Doctor got thrown across the dirt/crater and then shows up in the control room with the fire extinguisher and starts putting everyone left to work... that whole scene continues in escalating the desperations of their situation with Adelaide setting off the big boom timer, and the Doctor sends out Gadget to zoom off to bring the TARDIS and the music basically stops when they showed up on earth again..?? That whole entire segment??
                  I think it lasted about 4.5 minutes or thereabouts..
                  ..it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! ..and *very* emotionally moving, too!

That was also the same music that one of the Doctor Who (confidential?) specials ended with, too. ..and I had heard it in shorter segments elsewhere in the seasons, too. Not as long and *powerful* -- but hitting those chords with just enough interest to pull the viewer in, or become sort of spellbound in the midst of the action. (That actually happened to me.. =)

Oh my.. awesome, awesome segments.. including that other haunting, yet potent tune during #10's regeneration.

So, in efforts of finding out if the soundtrack will become available (that as well as "the music from when the master sacrificed himself to try and kill Rassilon"), I discovered that the last 4 David Tennant-eps ARE going to be available on DVD sometime in February, 2010. Amazon has the following combination (or each ep title sold separately) --
                  Doctor Who: The Complete Specials (The Next Doctor / Planet of the Dead / The Waters of Mars / The End of Time Parts 1 and 2) ~ David Tennant (DVD - 2010) --
                  "Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Feb 2, 2010".

I have no idea which region that refers to, but am hoping its for region 1.

Another web site has the UK/Europe region 2 sets to be available by January 11, 2010 (it's also posted on the UK version of Amazon-dot-com's web site).

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    *sigh* -- great musically inclined minds thinking alike..

(do) you mean the part that began when the shuttle blew up and the Doctor got thrown across the dirt/crater and then shows up in the control room with the fire extinguisher and starts putting everyone left to work... that whole scene continues in escalating the desperations of their situation with Adelaide setting off the big boom timer, and the Doctor sends out Gadget to zoom off to bring the TARDIS and the music basically stops when they showed up on earth again..?? That whole entire segment??
                    I think it lasted about 4.5 minutes or thereabouts..
                    ..it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! ..and *very* emotionally moving, too!

That was also the same music that one of the Doctor Who (confidential?) specials ended with, too. ..and I had heard it in shorter segments elsewhere in the seasons, too. Not as long and *powerful* -- but hitting those chords with just enough interest to pull the viewer in, or become sort of spellbound in the midst of the action. (That actually happened to me.. =)

Oh my.. awesome, awesome segments.. including that other haunting, yet potent tune during #10's regeneration.

So, in efforts of finding out if the soundtrack will become available (that as well as "the music from when the master sacrificed himself to try and kill Rassilon"), I discovered that the last 4 David Tennant-eps ARE going to be available on DVD sometime in February, 2010. Amazon has the following combination (or each ep title sold separately) --
                    Doctor Who: The Complete Specials (The Next Doctor / Planet of the Dead / The Waters of Mars / The End of Time Parts 1 and 2) ~ David Tennant (DVD - 2010) --
                    "Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Feb 2, 2010".

I have no idea which region that refers to, but am hoping its for region 1.

Another web site has the UK/Europe region 2 sets to be available by January 11, 2010 (it's also posted on the UK version of Amazon-dot-com's web site).
                    Precisely that segment yes. I just hope that if there is a soundtrack then that there's a whole track devoted to that 5 minute long piece of music.

And I've already got the Complete specials on pre-order when they're released on the 11th.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I really want the music from the end of waters of mars. Right before Adelaide shot herself. And of course the music from when the master sacrificed himself to try and kill Rassilon.
                      Yeah that music was one of the most epic scenes in all of the Universe
                      Murray Gold, making television scenes insanely awesome since 2005

Comment

Working...
                      X