Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11th Doctor Appreciation/Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really liked him, I think give him a season or 2 and everybody will too
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

walking into the tree was epic
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This is somewhat obscure so bear with me.
        The doctor's actors just keep getting younger and he's kind of this amazing man who just shows up, and changes things, it parallels nicely with Merlin, as in King Arthur and the knights of the round table, Merlin.
        Im fairly sure that the mythology says Merlin aged backwards through time as well.
        Thoughts?

Not liking the Geronimo catch phrase but i do like the new doctor, as he said 'I am most definitely a mad man with a box'
        Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

in the beginning he seemed to be overplaying 'the crazy', but after 1/2h things imo got better (i don't know if i got used to him or something... they just did), i think he's going to do ok... and yea i agree with you mickyd, 'geronimo' is THE WORST catch phrase EVER!

unrelated thing - what's the year after the end of this ep? 2020? yea ppl @ http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...ur-spoilers%29 seem to have the same question...
          Last edited by NIMBUS; 04 April 2010, 02:26 AM.
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            This is somewhat obscure so bear with me.
            The doctor's actors just keep getting younger and he's kind of this amazing man who just shows up, and changes things, it parallels nicely with Merlin, as in King Arthur and the knights of the round table, Merlin.
            Im fairly sure that the mythology says Merlin aged backwards through time as well.
            Thoughts?

Not liking the Geronimo catch phrase but i do like the new doctor, as he said 'I am most definitely a mad man with a box'
            That's interesting...because the Doctor *is* Merlin. I advise you to watch the 1988 story Battlefield. It's out on DVD now.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Spoke to someone the other day who's mates know him, didn't have many nice things to say apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Spoke to someone the other day who's mates know him, didn't have many nice things to say apparently.
                which are nothing more than rumors, so let's not go spreading them here please.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL'd. Matt's new to fame. He may appear arrogant and strange initially, but out of the all of the interviews I've seen with him he just comes across as quite quirky and naive. Who wouldn't?
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

who cares??/ as long as we delivers on screen he's all set.

Comment

11 rocks, he is like 9 and 10 combined. But at the same time crazier than before! :s

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                        LOL'd. Matt's new to fame. He may appear arrogant and strange initially, but out of the all of the interviews I've seen with him he just comes across as quite quirky and naive. Who wouldn't?
                        I mean they've known him for years prior to this gig, but never mind.

Comment

Quick question, if I were to watch this new series, would I have to have watched all the previous seasons? Never watched Dr. Who, sorry wasn't even a twinkle in father's eye when it first came out. Could I just start watching with this new star, new show?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                            Quick question, if I were to watch this new series, would I have to have watched all the previous seasons? Never watched Dr. Who, sorry wasn't even a twinkle in father's eye when it first came out. Could I just start watching with this new star, new show?
                            Yes you definitely could! But I would recommend watching the first four seasons/series with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant as well. It only started in 2005! The classic 1963-1989 series is a different story, its optional if you want to go that far back.

Comment

i love how 11 has the body of a 27 year old and yet moves like a old man

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                i love how 11 has the body of a 27 year old and yet moves like a old man
                                LOL Agreed. I believe the official term used by Matt, Karen, and Steven Moffat in interviews to describe how the 11th Doctor moves is "drunk giraffe". The 11th Doctor's physical but a more bumbling, less coordinated kind of physical. I rather like what Moffat wants from the 11th Doctor and I reckon Matt's doing a great job in putting it across.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X