Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karen Gillan Appreciation/Thunk/WOW Thread (11th Doctor Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say I enjoyed the 'Comic Relief' episodes.
    And I have to agree that Miss Pond was looking exceptionally hot...

The two Amys flirting... (My mind went to a very happy place)
    I'm now waiting for the new series to start.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

WEIR: We wouldn’t be having this problem if the damn Alpha site that we’d picked hadn’t been marked by the Wraith.
      SHEPPARD: They’re a real pain in the ass, aren’t they?!
      WEIR: Yes they are!

Comment

Yep, I'm now going to be staying on this thread for a while...
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Karen Gillan to star in BBC Four drama
          Wednesday, March 30 2011, 10:37am EDT
          By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

Doctor Who star Karen Gillan will play the lead role in a new BBC Four drama.

The actress will star as real-life supermodel Jean Shrimpton in 90-minute one-off We'll Take Manhattan.

The project, set primarily in 1962, will focus on the love affair between Shrimpton and British Vogue photgrapher David Bailey. It is currently unknown who will play Bailey.

"Jean Shrimpton is an icon of the '60s and I am so excited to be playing somebody who had such a lasting impact on the fashion world," said Gillan. "I can't wait to take on the challenge of bringing Jean and Bailey's fascinating love story to life."

In addition to her Doctor Who role, the actress has appeared on The Kevin Bishop Show and in episodes of Rebus and Harley Street. She will also star in David Baddiel's upcoming movie project Romeo and Brittney.

Filming on We'll Take Manhattan, which is being produced by Kudos Film and Television, will begin in May.

Gillan will next be seen reprising her role as Amy Pond in the sixth series of Doctor Who, which begins on BBC One next month.

Link to original article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...our-drama.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Does anyone on this thread think that Karen will appear in the FHM Top 100 this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              Does anyone on this thread think that Karen will appear in the FHM Top 100 this year?
              If she doesn't I'll be VERY surprised.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                If she doesn't I'll be VERY surprised.

I find it a bit tacky that you guys want that. FHM???? Come on how old are we all here?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

If I've offended anyone then I'm sorry.
                  It was a simple question.

Besides in an earlier post to this thread I mentioned that Ms. Gillan had won 'Sexiest Female' in a poll conducted by 'SFX' magazine.
                  She also got the Top Female in Sci-Fi.

Comment

If I've offended anyone then I'm sorry.
                    It was a simple question.

Besides in an earlier post to this thread I mentioned that Ms. Gillan had won 'Sexiest Female' in a poll conducted by 'SFX' magazine.
                    She also got the Top Female in Sci-Fi.

You haven't offended anyone. I wasn't offended. Just my opinion but those lad magazines are a little tacky. Karen shouldn't be using them to boost her career.

Just my opinion.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I agree with you on that. FHM and the other 'Lads' mags are a bit tacky.

The BBC may have a clause in her contract that forbids her from appearing such magazines.
                      I doubt Karen would use it as a career boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        I find it a bit tacky that you guys want that. FHM???? Come on how old are we all here?
                        Did I say I wanted that? Please don't go reading between the lines and assume that I do. The fact of the matter is that there are people out there who do and will be trying to get her in to FHM's Top 100.
                        Last edited by Alan; 03 April 2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

How'd this slip from the front page?

Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Older than 9.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hi all.
                              I was reading in 'Sci-Fi' now a tweet from Steven Moffat.

@steven_moffat Okay, okay - THREE Amys next time.

Apparantly that's his plan for the next Comic Relief Special.

Comment

Hi all.
                                I was reading in 'Sci-Fi' now a tweet from Steven Moffat.

@steven_moffat Okay, okay - THREE Amys next time.

Apparantly that's his plan for the next Comic Relief Special.
                                I heartedly approve

Comment

Working...
                                X