Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and now we have an official thread, so please take your comments about part one there

speculation about part 2 can be here

remember to tag spoilers please

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=72370
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A new trailer and scenes from the second instalment (MAJOR SPOILERS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSDdvNObe8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhRn-1pzdo

Comment

I dont usually write up on the forums...more a lurker really, but after tonights episode felt abit..compelled

Alot of theories about whats going down exactly, but it seems to me that the actual name of the episodes themselves are something of a hint?

This theory occured to me while watching it. See if it works for you.

The Time lords are the bad guys, any time travelling race would be able to see its own end..no? Therefore, a group from the past have decided to actually break the laws of time, so the species can continue. To quote an old episode "In the fight for survival, there are no rules".

Ok wind it back further a notch....the master becomes insane as a child via looking into the time vortex. What if that was intentional? Ie...the renegade Time lords arranged it, so he could be used as a tool further down the line to reinstate their own species?

Its a fairly loose theory (time travel, go figure), but I bet im sniffing up the right path here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
          A new trailer and scenes from the second instalment (MAJOR SPOILERS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSDdvNObe8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhRn-1pzdo
          wow!~!
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think the lady in the tv was a Time Lord or time agent. Specifically, Romana. Or maybe even Leyla. (did I get that spelling right? been so long...)

I think Wilfred is a sleeper Gallifreyan. Not Time Lord. One of the non-Time Lords. I am pretty sure those who weren't part of the time war fled Gallifrey on their own or with help and have been waiting.

Donna remembers. So, is Docna going to save Doctor and burn up doing so?

In the end, we all know that the human race is going to turn back to normal and everything will be back to the way it was.
            Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
            Spoiler:
            "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
            "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
            "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
            "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
            "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
              I think Wilfred is a sleeper Gallifreyan. Not Time Lord. One of the non-Time Lords. I am pretty sure those who weren't part of the time war fled Gallifrey on their own or with help and have been waiting.
              They said in the podcast that he

Spoiler:
              wasn't a sleeper Time Lord, the soldier reference was because he missed serving in WW2 by a few months and carries the burden of not being allowed to fight for the cause he believed in.

Comment

My theroy bout the return of the Timelords, the Ood said something about the timelines converging and what is happening in the past happening now.

Seem's to me that the final day of the Time War is occuring now despite being in the Doctors past and that 10 will have a chance to change the out come of the war though at the cost of his life. JUst speculation but seem's suitably timey whimey.
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  and now we have an official thread, so please take your comments about part one there

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=72370
                  Perhaps it would be worthwhile to move the above posts to the other thread?

Originally posted by Vaxalon View Post
                  Ok wind it back further a notch....the master becomes insane as a child via looking into the time vortex. What if that was intentional? Ie...the renegade Time lords arranged it, so he could be used as a tool further down the line to reinstate their own species?
                  A good theory for sure, but I doubt its correct, for the simple reason that they'd have spent a long time on the script, I doubt any of us are going to be able to figure it out in under a week.

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
                  I thought all those from Gallifrey were Timelords, no?

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  My theroy bout the return of the Timelords, the Ood said something about the timelines converging and what is happening in the past happening now.

Seem's to me that the final day of the Time War is occuring now despite being in the Doctors past and that 10 will have a chance to change the out come of the war though at the cost of his life. JUst speculation but seem's suitably timey whimey.
                  The thing is, when (in Earth years) was the end of the time war? I can't imagine it happening outside of normal space, cause the Dalek's don't posses that much power, if they did, I don't think they'd be bound by time-locked events.

Also, following from this, if for some reason he ends up saving the time lords, why would the next series have him on his own again? Unless he ends up being banished (possability) you'd think he'd stay with his people, if they're all still alive and that.
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post

I thought all those from Gallifrey were Timelords, no?
                    A common misconception, Timelord's are Galifreyians who have attended the academy and stared into the Untempered Schism, they also during their time at the academy receive the Rassilon Imprimature which allows them to regenerate.

The thing is, when (in Earth years) was the end of the time war? I can't imagine it happening outside of normal space, cause the Dalek's don't posses that much power, if they did, I don't think they'd be bound by time-locked events.
                    But in the words of the Ood elder "The time lines are converging" what happened then/ will happen is happening now and vice versa.

Also, following from this, if for some reason he ends up saving the time lords, why would the next series have him on his own again? Unless he ends up being banished (possability) you'd think he'd stay with his people, if they're all still alive and that.
                    The show began with him fleeing his people in a stolen TARDIS, they have never seen eye to eye. And now that he attempted to destroy them utterly I think they may be a bit vexed at the Doc.
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I think its a bit of a cop-out to show the Time Lords, its taken decades to show them so why show them now?
                      "You don't know half of it".
                      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                        I think its a bit of a cop-out to show the Time Lords, its taken decades to show them so why show them now?
                        Erm... The Time Lords have been shown on a very regular basis since Patrick Troughton's 'The War Games' story.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

if only his regeneration could turn out like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x306FivPR8 i would be a happy Whovians
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Part Two thread is right here

*Runs to watch the Confidential show*
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                            X