Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond Life, Part 5
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      What is Miracle Day?
      Ten episodes of badly written rubbish.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        Oh. Like how Children of the Earth is the name for season three.

I just starting watching Torchwood a few days ago.
        That's right. Unfortunately, at least in my humble opinion, they really dropped the ball with Series 4. I thought it was 10 episodes too long for the story they were telling and that there was an incredible amount of padding. I swear that watching just 10 minutes of 1 episode felt like I'd been watching 40 minutes. It just draaaaaaaaaaaaged and the ultimate ending was a letdown. But that's just me. Maybe you'll enjoy it. Again personally, if there is a Series 5 I very sincerely hope they take the show back to Cardiff, back to investigating aliens and salvaging alien tech and get back to single standalone episodes rather than a multi-episode story arc...but again that's just me.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
          32.06 - Let's Kill Hitler

Notable firsts and lasts:
          Spoiler:
          The little girl seen to regenerate in The Impossible Astronaut is revealed to be Mels. Amy named her daughter, Melody, after her but Mels is in fact Amy and Rory's child and has been programmed by the Silence to assassinate the Doctor. Mels regenerates after being shot. Melody is left in the 52nd century and takes the name River Song in order to hide herself from the Silence. She begins to attend Luna University to get a degree in Archaeology.
          The Doctor is killed but River breaks her programming and uses up all her regeneration energy to bring him back to life.
          First chronological appearance of River's diary.
          First appearance of the Teselecta robot and its commander, Captain Carter.

Adventure Game #05 - The Gunpowder Plot

Spoiler:
          • This is the second and, to date, last time the Sontarans and the Rutans are seen together but only their first in Doctor Who. They'd first appeared together in the 1994 spin-off movie Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans
          • To date, the last appearance of the Rutans.

32.09 - The God Complex

Spoiler:
          • The Doctor leaves Amy and Rory behind on Earth.

32.10 - Closing Time

Spoiler:
          • To date, the last appearance of Craig Owens.
          • To date, the last appearance of the Craigs girlfriend, Sophie.
          • To date, the first and last appearance of Craig and Sophie's baby, Alfie (aka Stormageddon: Dark Lord of All aka Stormy).
          • River Song graduates from Luna University and becomes a doctor in Archaeology.
          • Madam Kovarian and the Silence catch-up with River, place her in a NASA spacesuit and leave her underwater and programmed to kill the Doctor when he turns up in Utah.

32.11 - The Wedding of River Song

Spoiler:
          • The Doctor discovers that his oldest friend, Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, has passed away.
          • The Doctor fakes his death in Utah by using a Teselecta robot disguised as him to absorb the blast fired by River.
          • The Doctor and River marry.
          • River Song is sent to the Stormcage facility for the "murder" of the Doctor.
          • Amy and Rory are told by River that the Doctor is still alive.
          • The last appearance of Dorium Maldovar (to date).
          • The last appearance of Madame Kovarian (to date).
          • An alternate timeline version of Winston Churchill appears.
          • An alternate timeline version of Charles Dickens appears.
          • It is revealed that the Doctor has been running away from a question. A question that should never be answered for if it is then "silence will fall". The very first question - "Doctor who?"

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            That's right. Unfortunately, at least in my humble opinion, they really dropped the ball with Series 4. I thought it was 10 episodes too long for the story they were telling and that there was an incredible amount of padding. I swear that watching just 10 minutes of 1 episode felt like I'd been watching 40 minutes. It just draaaaaaaaaaaaged and the ultimate ending was a letdown. But that's just me. Maybe you'll enjoy it. Again personally, if there is a Series 5 I very sincerely hope they take the show back to Cardiff, back to investigating aliens and salvaging alien tech and get back to single standalone episodes rather than a multi-episode story arc...but again that's just me.
            Couldn't agree more.

The biggest mistake the writers of Torchwood made, was destroying the Hub.

BTW - if anyone's in Glasgow on the 14th of September, John Barrowman and his sister Carole will be signing copies of their new Torchwood novel "Torchwood: Exodus Code" at the Argyle Street branch of Waterstones from 1800hrs.
            Last edited by BruTak; 01 September 2012, 05:15 AM.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Torchwood

Dead Man Walking
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                33.01 - Asylum of the Daleks

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! Utterly, utterly brilliant!!!!! I'm going to have to watch that a million times and more to get over how brilliant that was...and even then a million and more times will not be enough!!!!!

Comment

DOCTOR WHO

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! Utterly, utterly brilliant!!!!! I'm going to have to watch that a million times and more to get over how brilliant that was...and even then a million and more times will not be enough!!!!!
                  Agreed!

Comment

Asylum of the Daleks. I'd give it 8/10.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

DOCTOR WHO

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Agreed!
                      Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      *Bangs gavel* Motion carried!
                      sigpic

Comment

Asylum of the Daleks, again (what? I waited a whole three minutes after the credits rolled before replaying it).

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        *Bangs gavel* Motion carried!
                        Judgement of the Daleks? I'd watch it.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Judge Dredd Vs. Daleks - I'd watch that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Pond Life Part 1
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                              Originally posted by Jonzey
                              Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Asylum of the Daleks

Asylum of the Daleks, again (what? I waited a whole three minutes after the credits rolled before replaying it).
                                I have now watched the episode a total of 3 times. Like you, I re-watched the episode almost immediately after the initial live broadcast.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X