Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who 20.04 Terminus

So far I'm very, very underwhelmed with the Fifth Doctor era. I don't feel like Peter Davison really brings anything interesting to the role tbh. He's a bit flat and uninspired, with no real quirks or comedic timing to speak of. His character range seems to be pretty much being out of breath all the time.

The companions so far are equally dull. Nyssa is a great character with a TON of potential, but after her first few stories she just went flat and they stopped using her in any meaningful way. Adric was the best of the lot, but his endless turncoat-ism got old in a hurry. Meanwhile Tegan may be the most annoying companion yet. She looks like she's annoyed at even having to be there; complains about everything. And from what I've read, the actress hasn't been particularly kind about Who either, so....why did she make us suffer through 3 seasons?

The stories also leave a lot to be desired. They frequently find themselves in interesting times and places....but there's really nothing grand going on. They show up, get themselves in trouble, and find a way out of it. With rare exception, the only people are at risk are themselves. And that's pretty hard to get worked up about when you don't really care for the characters.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Sea Devils

I wonder if the doctor will ever get the reptile people to live peacefully with the humans
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
      Originally posted by Jonzey
      Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Doctor Who
        3.06 The Ark

Originally posted by jebus View Post
        The Sea Devils

I wonder if the doctor will ever get the reptile people to live peacefully with the humans
        Indeed. It's something that the Doctor bitterly regrets not being able to do. He's failed several times to bring both species of Earth together due to an element of distrust from some group in both parties...history could very well repeat itself again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

World War Three

I forgot how satisfying it was to see the Slitheen family get blasted into oblivion.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
            The Sea Devils

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Indeed. It's something that the Doctor bitterly regrets not being able to do. He's failed several times to bring both species of Earth together due to an element of distrust from some group in both parties...history could very well repeat itself again.
            I'm kind of hoping that they'll do a follow-up to the duology from last year, when they're to emerge again.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Doctor Who 20.05 Enlightenment
              Doctor Who 20.06 The King's Demons

Dear. God. In. Heaven. Doesn't Tegan ever stop whining? Honestly I don't know that I'll ever watch a story with her in it again after I finish. I didn't think it was possible, but I've finally found a character more annoying than Rodney McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Dear. God. In. Heaven. Doesn't Tegan ever stop whining? Honestly I don't know that I'll ever watch a story with her in it again after I finish. I didn't think it was possible, but I've finally found a character more annoying than Rodney McKay.
                I've only watched a small batch of episodes before the Ninth Doctor episodes so I haven't seen Tegan. She's more annoying than McKay? Oh God she's that bad?
                sigpic

Comment

McKay was ungodly annoying but you kind of had to tolerate him as the weekly deus ex machina. Tegan brings nothing to the table, and does nothing but be annoying fullstop

Comment

McKay was ungodly annoying but you kind of had to tolerate him as the weekly deus ex machina. Tegan brings nothing to the table, and does nothing but be annoying fullstop
                    Oi. *cringes*
                    sigpic

Comment

You'll be glad when she leaves in Resurrection Of The Daleks then.
                      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Will I ever! Getting closer....

Doctor Who 20.07 The Five Doctors

Ooh, a shiny new console! And was it ever good to see all the old Doctors again (Even if poor Billy Hartnell had already passed away at this point )

An interesting story generally, and pretty solid use of all the Doctors minus Baker, whom I understand refused to come back for this Rassilon stuff, Time Lord mythology, the Master, Cybermen, fun all around.

Actually I've been listening to the music from The End of Time a lot the last couple days, and I couldn't help but wonder how different a tone this episode might've had with some of EoT's Gallifrey cues...
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 13 February 2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

It was yesterday but:

The Eleventh Hour
                          The Beast Below
                          Victory of the Daleks.

(The first episodes of season 5 of Doctor Who were finally broadcast on a French Channel... \o/ But the ratings make me cry...)
                          sigpic

Comment

The Mutants
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                            Originally posted by Jonzey
                            Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Doctor Who
                              10.3 Frontier in Space

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who
                                The Harvest (Big Finish Audio #58)
                                Starring Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, and introducing Philip Olivier as "Hex"

Comment

Working...
                                X