Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Terror of the Zygons.

Oddly enough, despite this being very much of the era that I first started watching Doctor Who, I've no memory of this story at all.
    I do. I distinctly remember being petrified by the ending of episode 1. But I have absolutely no memory of episode 2. I wonder if I was too terrified to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      I do. I distinctly remember being petrified by the ending of episode 1. But I have absolutely no memory of episode 2. I wonder if I was too terrified to watch it.
      In my case, I think it's a combination of mum thinking it was too scary for me and that we'd go out for a drive on a Saturday afternoon and rarely (if ever) be back home in time for Doctor Who.

I've vivid memories of watching five minute chunks of various Tom Baker eps in B&W on the wee portable TV in the chippy.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Hee!

Parents have some funny ideas. Mine wouldn't let me watch ITV for a long time. Goodness knows why. Perhaps they thought I may be corrupted by the adverts.

I was all right with Doctor Who though. My mum was a fan. When she passed away I found some cuttings about Doctor Who from various newspapers that she had kept.

Comment

Sadly, I'm the only Whovian in my family.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
            02.08 - The Chase
            - First appearance of Steven Taylor and final appearances of Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright.
            02.09 - The Time Meddler
            - First appearance of a Time Lord other than the Doctor or Susan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Am about to watch ep 1 of The Enemy of the World... but this time, not the recon... (: (: (:
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Gridlock

Comment

The Aztecs
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                    04.02 - The Tenth Planet

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                      Am about to watch ep 1 of The Enemy of the World... but this time, not the recon... (: (: (:
                      Have actually watched it now... great episode... complete with helicopter action sequence... And a great cliffhanger!

And, now up to episode 4 of Web of Fear, and I have to say, ep4 would have to rival The Invasion for being action packed! What a great battle sequence! The recon could never have done justice to it... What an amazing grounding for The Colonel. (Can see why they bumped is rank... Definitely not as punchy as The Brigadier)
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

The Lazarus Experiment

Comment

The Caves of Androzani. It sealed Davison as my favourite Doctor and I almost lost all excitement in my classic DW education because I want to see more of his stories instead of jumping into Colin Baker´s era.
                          What a fantastic episode.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Tomb of the Cybermen
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Tomb of the Cybermen
                              Me too. I remember as a wee girl watching these episodes. I was terrified of the Cybermen. (I still am )
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                The Caves of Androzani. It sealed Davison as my favourite Doctor and I almost lost all excitement in my classic DW education because I want to see more of his stories instead of jumping into Colin Baker´s era.
                                What a fantastic episode.
                                It is indeed. One of the very best.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                                Me too. I remember as a wee girl watching these episodes. I was terrified of the Cybermen. (I still am )
                                My moment of terror was a bit later. Mine was the autons in Spearhead. I was convinced the shops windows they broke through was Greenwoods Gentleman's Outfitters in Skipton High Street. Oh and the horrible troll doll in Terror of the Autons.

Comment

Working...
                                X