Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    He was great in Blakes 7 as well. I think he must have enjoyed being OTT villains in BBC sci fi.

I was fifteen when Four to Doomsday came out. Just on the brink of stopping watching DW and going in pursuit of those other alien beings - boys.

My first episode was Spearhead from Space in 1972
    Ya know I've never watched Blake's 7 from start to finish but I'm aware that lots of actors used in Doctor Who appeared in it and vice versa like Colin Baker and Brian Blessed to name just two.

So at 15 its safe to say you made a mistake then.

Cool. I can't think of a better story to start off with Doctor Who. First time I saw it I remember being freaked out by the Auton moving through the forest, the Auton that stepped out in front of the UNIT jeep, and the Auton that trashed the inside of that cottage to search for the energy unit. Really creepy stuff.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

You should give Blakes 7 a go. I think you'll really like it as you enjoy classic Who.

Terry Nation wrote the whole of the first season & Robert Holmes wrote a few stories as well. The B7 season 2 cliffhanger was supposed to have a Dalek invasion but unfortunately the BBC squashed that idea. So the invaders came from the Andromeda galaxy instead.

As for Spearhead, I really did hide behind the sofa. I was petrified.

And now I'm off to watch The Visitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        You should give Blakes 7 a go. I think you'll really like it as you enjoy classic Who.

Terry Nation wrote the whole of the first season & Robert Holmes wrote a few stories as well. The B7 season 2 cliffhanger was supposed to have a Dalek invasion but unfortunately the BBC squashed that idea. So the invaders came from the Andromeda galaxy instead.

As for Spearhead, I really did hide behind the sofa. I was petrified.

And now I'm off to watch The Visitation.
        *shudders* Classic. *shudders*

I have a friend who has Blake's 7 on DVD...I'll ask him if I can borrow it off him.

Grrr...*shakes fist* BBC!

Cool. My sofa is pushed up against a wall so I had to hide behind my dad's armchair whenever something freaked me out...like Mr. T, the Incredible Hulk and giant pink blancmange brains to name just three.

Enjoy The Visitation! Be prepared to say goodbye to an old friend.

I'm currently watching and screencapping The Trial of a Time Lord.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who - "The Pandorica Opens"
          http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            *shudders* Classic. *shudders*
            I still cringe a little at hearing it. But it does make a handy demarcation for the uses of conversation.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just finished watching 10.02 Carnival of Monsters. What a strange little story.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I watched "Vampires of Venice".
                I didn't expect
                Spoiler:
                the vampires to end up being alien fish creatures.

(Spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen the episode yet.)
                sigpic
                The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
                My art and writing site

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I still cringe a little at hearing it. But it does make a handy demarcation for the uses of conversation.
                  I'm sure it must be. I don't know how I get around it but I don't think I've ever used the word when talking about the first 26 seasons and the 1996 TV movie of Doctor Who.

Comment

Hm, well, touche

I just caught most of The Impossible Planet on TV

Comment

Today I watched Chapter 1 of The Trial of a Time Lord - The Mysterious Planet.

Comment

I'm currently watching part 4 of the first serial in the Dalek War two-pack: Frontier in Space (10.03)

Comment

End of the World and the Unquiet Dead....its been a while

Comment

Okay so now I've finished watching the Dalek War set, 10.03 Frontier in Space and 10.04 Planet of the Daleks.

Woohoo! Off-world adventuring! The future! The Master! Daleks! The return of the Thals! References back to the First Doctor, Ian, Barbara, and Susan!

Comment

10.05 The Green Death

Pretty underwhelming after the Dalek War story. The hippie scientist guy is a complete douche, not worthy of breathing the same air as Jo much less her pining for him. BOSS is a really lame villain. And goodbye Jo

Comment

I just saw Vengeance on Veros for the first time. I thought it was rather good. Sil's (small green alien) constant "motorboating" noise kept creeping me out for some reason.

I had no idea that zyton was a established element in the Whoniverse. I thought it was just something that Moffat made up for Time Crash. And I lol'd at Sil's reaction when zyton lost it's huge value, lol.

I still don't see why people don't like Colin Baker as the Doctor, aside from his costume. I've seen "The Twin Dilema", "Attack Of The Cybermen", "Vengenace on Veros" and "Timelash" and I thought those stories were quite good.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X