Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just re-watched Amy's Choice and The Hungry Earth. My dad's a few weeks behind and still needs to catch up
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Cold Blood 5.9
      http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
      sigpic

Comment

I also watched Cold Blood today, Lazlo
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

On Sunday I watched The Brain of Morbius.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Been kind of a mini-marathon for me today. I was up early for some reason so I decided to watch a few older Doctor Who episodes.

"The Time Warrior"
            "The Twin Dilema"
            and
            "The Lodger" in that order.
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

DW: The Lodger
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Re-watched Hungry Earth.
                sigpic

Comment

The Lazarus experiment.

Comment

Logopolis

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Does the classic series count? If so, I've watched the first four episodes of Inferno. It's nice to watch things at a bit slower pace

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLumpy View Post
                        Does the classic series count? If so, I've watched the first four episodes of Inferno. It's nice to watch things at a bit slower pace
                        What? What? What? Yes, of course it counts. It's all Doctor Who.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLumpy View Post
                          Please tell me that you are not serious?

Doesn't matter if it's Classic Who or New Who, IT ALL COUNTS!

That being said, I'm on episode 3 of Castrovalva at the moment.

Comment

Last night I watched Torchwood - Everything Changes. Because I couldn't remember what Capt Jack said about perception filters. I wanted to know as there seem to have been a lot of references to it in this latest DW season.

If you are curious he said

Spoiler:
                            JACK: It's called a perception filter. He can sort of see us, but we don't quite
                            register. Just like something in the corner of your eye. It only works on this exact spot.
                            Step off ... (He steps off. Gwen follows.) Hi!

(A woman walks by and is startled.)

JACK: Nice night!

(She looks up at them as if just seeing them.)

JACK: And lo, we are perceived.

(Jack takes a couple of steps away. Gwen looks at the concrete block.)

GWEN COOPER: How does it work?

JACK: No idea. We know how to use it, not how it happens. But if I were to guess, I
                            would say that there was once a dimensionally transcendental chameleon-circuit placed
                            right on this spot which welded its perception properties to a spatio-temporal rift.

Now I'm pondering on how that relates to the one in Amy's house.

And tonight I think I'm going to watch Black Orchid.
                            Last edited by Blencathra; 16 June 2010, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                              Please tell me that you are not serious?

Doesn't matter if it's Classic Who or New Who, IT ALL COUNTS!
                              Indeed. The show we watch today isn't Doctor Who: "The Next Generation" or a spin-off nor is it a reboot or a remake. It's continuing the adventures of that same man who stumbled into a Junkyard back in 1963.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Last night I watched Torchwood - Everything Changes. Because I couldn't remember what Capt Jack said about perception filters. I wanted to know as there seem to have been a lot of references to it in this latest DW season.

If you are curious he said

Spoiler:
                              JACK: It's called a perception filter. He can sort of see us, but we don't quite
                              register. Just like something in the corner of your eye. It only works on this exact spot.
                              Step off ... (He steps off. Gwen follows.) Hi!

(A woman walks by and is startled.)

JACK: Nice night!

(She looks up at them as if just seeing them.)

JACK: And lo, we are perceived.

(Jack takes a couple of steps away. Gwen looks at the concrete block.)

GWEN COOPER: How does it work?

JACK: No idea. We know how to use it, not how it happens. But if I were to guess, I
                              would say that there was once a dimensionally transcendental chameleon-circuit placed
                              right on this spot which welded its perception properties to a spatio-temporal rift.

Now I'm pondering on how that relates to the one in Amy's house.

And tonight I think I'm going to watch Black Orchid.
                              The only reason that the Torchwood lift has a Perception Filter is because the TARDIS landed there. Because of the Rift, the properties of the TARDIS' Perception Filter and Chameleon Circuit cloaking device have remained behind. My guess is that as well as a Perception Filter, the TARDIS-type of machine we saw in The Lodger had a Chameleon Circuit too. TARDIS' seem to be the main reason behind Perception Filters so its possible that a TARDIS is behind the one in Amy's house too.

Comment

That was my thinking too. That begs the question, whose TARDIS is responsible - the Doctor's or somebody elses?

Comment

Working...
                                X