Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontios
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
    Originally posted by Jonzey
    Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

The Caves of Androzani

Wow. Just wow. Amazing story.

Comment

Revelation of the Daleks

Comment

So glad to hear some love for this story from a Classic newcomer. I'm sure you can appreciate why it is sometimes voted #1 of all time... and my personal favourite... well on most days.

I've been getting into the orphan eps... yesterday watched Underwater Menace 3... then explained to my 4yo that ep 2 was found recently, but we wont see it on DVD for a "long time". (Well, to him, a long time...) Then today we watched Web of Fear 1, and Dalek Masterplan 5.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

So glad to hear some love for this story from a Classic newcomer. I'm sure you can appreciate why it is sometimes voted #1 of all time... and my personal favourite... well on most days.

I've been getting into the orphan eps... yesterday watched Underwater Menace 3... then explained to my 4yo that ep 2 was found recently, but we wont see it on DVD for a "long time". (Well, to him, a long time...) Then today we watched Web of Fear 1, and Dalek Masterplan 5.
            Yeah, I can see why people would think it's the best. I don't think I can pick one and say "This is the best" because there are so many great stories.

I've been putting off the orphan episodes. I'm hoping against all odds that they'll find some more missing pieces or maybe animate a few like they did with "The Invasion". Don't they have most of "The 10th Planet"?

Back on-topic, watched The Sensorites last night. Best 1st Doctor story I've seen.

Comment

Resurrection of the Daleks
              Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Savatage View Post
                I've been putting off the orphan episodes. I'm hoping against all odds that they'll find some more missing pieces or maybe animate a few like they did with "The Invasion". Don't they have most of "The 10th Planet"?
                Well, miracles can happen, as 2 more orphans turned up late last year... but they were the first for a LONG time... I'm pretty sure that since 1992, we've only seen 8 episodes recovered (all of Tomb of the Cybermen, 1 of Dalek Master Plan, 1 of Crusaders, and then 1 each of Galaxy Four and Underwater Menace).

The BBC released The Tenth Planet on VHS in the late 90's. It contains eps 1-3, and a reconstruction of ep4. It is yet to be released on DVD... I imagine it's a bit of a dilemma, as there are a few clips surviving (inc the regeneration)... so if they use animation... do they just stick the clips into the animation (weird!), or delegate the clips to only being an "Extra feature"... Maybe they could work on a better version of the Recon... use some "3D" type effects to make the images move...

Reign of Terror is only missing 2/6 eps, so could be released with animation... No word yet on that one. Ice Warriors (also missing 2/6) was done on VHS with a recon... Not sure about what they're doing with it either... Moonbase has 2/4... but was released on the "Lost in Time" box set... so wont likely be re-released with anime...

Otherwise, there are no other "near complete" adventures...

Originally posted by Savatage View Post
                Back on-topic, watched The Sensorites last night. Best 1st Doctor story I've seen.
                *splutters* Well done! Don't think I've ever watched Sensorites without falling asleep...
                Last edited by cosmichobo; 19 February 2012, 08:25 PM.
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

There's a little bit on Gallifrey Base about the recently discovered episodes & incomplete stories coming on DVD release.

DVD range producer Dan Hall updated Doctor Who Magazine on the status of the recently rediscovered episodes of Galaxy 4 and The Underwater Menace: "There's one release that hasn't been announced yet which will provide a home for one of them. And there's a potential release that will provide a home for the other one as well. People aren't going to see them out on DVD in 2012, though. But they are on our schedule."

Speaking at the GallifreyOne convention in Los Angeles, Patrick Troughton's son Michael said that he had recently recorded a commentary on the life of his father to be included as a feature for The Ice Warriors. There are no details as yet over whether the incomplete story will be an individual DVD release or form part of a boxed set.

On the subject of incomplete stories, Nicholas Pegg reported on Twitter that he was "into the final furlong of the Shada DVD production subtitles, and still unearthing previously unknown trivia bombshells!«" Earlier he said: "Researching the full facts and events of the Shada cancellation for the DVD info text. It's awfully sad. They so nearly made it!«"
                  More here http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/02...-warriors.html

The Horns of Nimon
                  Survival
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 20 February 2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

The Doctor's Daughter
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      The Doctor's Daughter
                      Im going to guess either BBC3 or Watch? as I saw my dad watching this episode and caught the ending...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Im going to guess either BBC3 or Watch? as I saw my dad watching this episode and caught the ending...
                        Watch. They're currently doing all of series 4, which is fun to go back to after watching, re-watching and re-re-watching every single Eleventh Doctor story to date.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Planet of Fire

Comment

The Unicorn and The Wasp
                            sigpic

Comment

The Time Meddler.

I love Peter Butterworth.

Comment

The Twin Dilema

Comment

Working...
                                X