Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Reference in Eragon series (minor Brisingr spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Reference in Eragon series (minor Brisingr spoiler)

At one point during the book one of the character's scrawls a passage about 'the lonelly god with many faces, among the stars'. I noticed in the afterward Paolioni says "For those who caught the lonelly god reference when Eragon and Arya are sitting around the camp fire, what can I say? I'm a fan. The Doctor can travel any where, even alternate realities."

Now that I think about it I noticed a reference in 'The Man with the Golden Tord' by Simon R Green recentlly as well. I forget exactlly how it goes but at one point in a hospital specailising in supernatural problems the main character observes ' a severed hand trying to grow a new body and a time agent who's last regeneration left him inside out'. hehe
    Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Yeah, that little confession from Paolini made my day.

Comment

And another random reference, apparently in the American version of Life on Mars, Sam's mum is called Rose.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
        At one point during the book one of the character's scrawls a passage about 'the lonelly god with many faces, among the stars'. I noticed in the afterward Paolioni says "For those who caught the lonelly god reference when Eragon and Arya are sitting around the camp fire, what can I say? I'm a fan. The Doctor can travel any where, even alternate realities."

Now that I think about it I noticed a reference in 'The Man with the Golden Tord' by Simon R Green recentlly as well. I forget exactlly how it goes but at one point in a hospital specailising in supernatural problems the main character observes ' a severed hand trying to grow a new body and a time agent who's last regeneration left him inside out'. hehe
        Heh. Wow.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          And another random reference, apparently in the American version of Life on Mars, Sam's mum is called Rose.
          LOL. I KNOW!!!
          I SO wanted Billie Piper to guest star...

Comment

Also don't forgot the quote by the Herbalist in the last book - “Raxacori—Oh, never mind. It wouldn’t mean anything to you anyway." Totally a shout out to Raxacoricofallapatorius...

Comment

Working...
            X