X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some TARDIS Questions

Some TARDIS questions

a) Does the console room always stay upright? - In Timeflight we see an example of this when the TARDIS is on its side onboard Concorde yet when the Doc climbs in and out the interior is upright normal.

b) Has there ever been a situation in either TV or book where the console room has been cut off from the outside world?

c) This onlly appeared in one of the annuals I read when I was a lot younger but there's an observation room with plastic walls which touch the outside world, yet the TARDIS is inside the Police Box so it's a bit of a quandry as to how this is even possible.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Some TARDIS questions

a) Does the console room always stay upright? - In Timeflight we see an example of this when the TARDIS is on its side onboard Concorde yet when the Doc climbs in and out the interior is upright normal.

b) Has there ever been a situation in either TV or book where the console room has been cut off from the outside world?

c) This onlly appeared in one of the annuals I read when I was a lot younger but there's an observation room with plastic walls which touch the outside world, yet the TARDIS is inside the Police Box so it's a bit of a quandry as to how this is even possible.
    a) the TARDIS has it's own gravity, and the interior is outside of normal space anyway, so yes, it should always be upright.

b) don't think so, but the TARDIS has been stuck places where you can't go outside i think

c) never saw that, but anything is possible in the TARDIS, could be holograms, or anything
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

The console room was cut off from the outside world during Fathers Day I think. The Doctor went to go inside and it was just an ordinary police box anyway.
      sigpic

Comment

Ooh and how loud is the TARDIS supposed to be.

Jackie can here it way up in her little apartment and goes running, Mickey can hear it in a mechanics shop a block away......

And why has the Doc not given Jack's Doctor Detector (hand in jar) back yet?

Come to think of it even they heard the TARDIS in the hub at Torchwood and that was underground.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Ooh and how loud is the TARDIS supposed to be.

Jackie can here it way up in her little apartment and goes running, Mickey can hear it in a mechanics shop a block away......

And why has the Doc not given Jack's Doctor Detector (hand in jar) back yet?

Come to think of it even they heard the TARDIS in the hub at Torchwood and that was underground.
          well it was technically the doctor's. but now that's gone.
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think the tardis is inside the police box, I think it is actually the police box.

Maybe if you have been inside the tardis before, you sort of know that it is back even if you don't hear the sound.
            sigpic

Comment

I tend to think the Tardis is very loud, but the sound itself is also subject to the perception filter. This would explain why most people pay it no attention, but Mickey and Jackie, who both know what it sounds like and would be listening for it, can hear and recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                I tend to think the Tardis is very loud, but the sound itself is also subject to the perception filter. This would explain why most people pay it no attention, but Mickey and Jackie, who both know what it sounds like and would be listening for it, can hear and recognize it.
                Hence my above post, people that have been inside or know of it can hear it.
                sigpic

Comment

yes exactly. I figured I'd post my general belief since normally multiple opinions = better answers, but yes we think alike on this. I'm Sorry if you felt that I didn't give you credit/ I should have stated that I agree with you. I tend to be a bit scatter brained when I post.

Comment

I would like to know when we are going to see more rooms in the tardis, after all were are the bedrooms? Were are the toilets? We know there are more control rooms, so I think it would be great if we had to go back to one of them every now and then....tom bakers being my personal fave!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X