Donna Noble/Catherine Tate WOW/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
    What are you having for dinner? More poor squirrels?
    I don't have dinner...I only have a hot cacao...
    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
      I don't have dinner...I only have a hot cacao...
      In some countries they may consider that a proper meal
      sigpic

Comment

In some countries they may consider that a proper meal
        I don't think our country is one of those Heut hab ich Gulasch LOL

Comment

I don't think our country is one of those Heut hab ich Gulasch LOL
          Ich komm grad von der Gerichtsmedizin. Danke für das Bild
          sigpic

Comment

Ich komm grad von der Gerichtsmedizin. Danke für das Bild
            Not my fault!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hullooooooooo!!! ^_____________________________^

Comment

*waves* Hellooooo
                  sigpic

Comment

*pokes thread* Are you alive?!

Royal tribute to brave children

Prince Harry led the nation in paying tribute to some of Britain's most courageous children and teenagers.

He presented medals to 10 individuals who have displayed outstanding bravery or kindness, or battled against an illness or disability.

The group were honoured at the Woman's Own Children of Courage 2008 awards ceremony at Westminster Abbey.

A host of celebrities joined the winners' and their families at the annual event.

The BBC's Daniela Relph said it was a "very moving occasion" but also one of "great excitement" for the children.

After the service, former England footballer turned television presenter Gary Lineker said: "I just think coming here is a chance to show our thanks and admiration for a group of very special young people.

CHILDREN OF COURAGE
                    Courtney Taylor, 10, from the Cotswolds
                    Edward Common, 13, Northumberland
                    Evie Edwards, 13, Suffolk
                    Keaton Peppiatt, 10, East Sussex
                    Rupert Parsons, five, Somerset
                    Tara Ifill, 14, south-east London
                    William John, seven, South Wales
                    Sisters Lucy, eight, Bonnie, 11, and Charlotte Long, 12, from Kent

"A, it's nice to be invited and B, to come along with others and show your support."

The former striker's son George survived a rare form of leukaemia as a baby, and he said he could relate to some of the parents at the ceremony.

The host of BBC's Match of the Day added: "Obviously there's a similarity with one or two of the families here and I can understand to a degree what they've been through."

The award ceremony was part of a church service at Westminster Abbey, which included Christmas carols, readings and prayers.

Comic Catherine Tate read from the bible and told the story of Christmas to the congregation.

Later, the guests were treated to a performance of O Holy Night by former X Factor contestant Rhydian Roberts.

Earlier, the winners met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at 10 Downing Street, and after the service, they were taken as guests of honour to the House of Lords.

Their achievements cover a range of categories from Outstanding Bravery and Young Carer to Local Hero and A True Inspiration.

Other stars invited to the service included pop group Girls Aloud, the judges from the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing show, and several EastEnders actors.

Source

Comment

I knew you were going to post this
                      sigpic

Comment

I knew you were going to post this
                        If I hadn't you would have

And if you're still looking for a xmas/bday present for me, I'd like to have the coat wouldn't mind with content, though

Comment

If I hadn't you would have

And if you're still looking for a xmas/bday present for me, I'd like to have the coat wouldn't mind with content, though
                          Yupp

Oh, okay. Comes along with David Tennant and the S4 DVDs
                          sigpic

Comment

Yupp

Oh, okay. Comes along with David Tennant and the S4 DVDs

But poor David has back surgery at the moment so maybe he should better stay in bed.....mmh, that could be understand wrong...

Comment

But poor David has back surgery at the moment so maybe he should better stay in bed.....mmh, that could be understand wrong...
                              How could it be if that's what you meant to say?
                              sigpic

Comment

How could it be if that's what you meant to say?
                                Depends on what you think I meant to say

Comment

Working...
                                X