Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor Who Writer and Actor Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor Who Writer and Actor Appreciation Thread!

THESE GUYS ROCK!!! Russell T Davies is nothing short of Fantastic. David Tennant, Christopher Eccelston, Billie Piper, Catherine Tate all of them! I just want to say how brilliant everyone in the show is!
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I know.

:: dreamy sigh ::

They all give so much of themselves to the show, and I'm sure that's a big part of why the Beeb takes the show seriously this time around. For instance, I can't think of many shows where every single ep gets a commentary - Stargate was the first to do that AFAIK but few have followed suit - but we get a commentary with each broadcast ep, if we want it... and then a brand new one with the DVD eps. And they're such interesting commentaries. The one a couple of weeks ago with RTD and DT and SM was great fun. But whoever it is, you can tell how much they care about the show.

Most fun bit from last week's commentary: Anthony Head, in the School Reunion ep, was supposed to tell his krillitane minions to "get the shooty dog thing" but the SFX guys ran out of budget just before they'd finished their stuff, and asked RTD if the scene where the krillitane attack K9 could be cut. The solution was for the sound editor to say "fer-" in the best approximation he could do of AH's voice so that it could be spliced with the original line to make "forget the shooty dog thing." Well, it made me laugh to hear that.

Another thing we're blessed with is guest actors who - whether they're somebodies or unknowns - have plenty of talent too. There've been so many characters with just a few lines but who made an impression all the same.

Madeleine

Comment

The Show has such caliber that it can draw in big names to star in it, Richard Wilson, Pauline Collins, Maureen Lipman, Derek Jacobi, John Simm and so on, not just this version of Who either, big stars used to queue up to appear in Classic Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        The Show has such caliber that it can draw in big names to star in it, Richard Wilson, Pauline Collins, Maureen Lipman, Derek Jacobi, John Simm and so on, not just this version of Who either, big stars used to queue up to appear in Classic Who.
        you say them but not simon pegg, anthony head and bernard cribbins?
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Let's not forget Steven Moffat.

Comment

I have a crush on Steven Moffat's brain!

Madeline W, do you have a link to the RTD, SM, DT commentary! Or is it UK-ers only?

Comment

The entire production team are gods, headed by RTD, the, erm, Odin of the gods.
              I don't think I've ever seen such a fantastically made show on all depratments...
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                you say them but not simon pegg, anthony head and bernard cribbins?
                Sorry, it was late when I wrote that and the brain wasn't working properly

Comment

Working...
                X