X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Who Question

Hi,

I am a little new to the series and I watched it on and off but now I watch it every friday, I love the show.

My question is, is the 10th Dr. the same as the others, I know from watching he is only Time Lord left. Did the 9th Dr. disappear and out came the New Dr.

I am still watching Season 1 on Netflix. I have not finished watching it yet, I am only on the episode "The Empty Child"

David Tennant is awesome as the Dr. (Chris was also, but I like David better).

Danielle

Yes, David Tennant is-- essenntially-- the same one as Christopher Eccleston.

The Doctor has the ability to regenerate--when his body suffers serioous catastrophic damage he just sorta grows a new one.

The episode you will want to see is "The Parting of the Ways".
    "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Yeah David is good as the Doctor, the Doctor is a unique (weird, odd, as Martha's sister said kinda a nerd, etc.) person and David has the perfect look for it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by missdtg View Post
        Hi,

I am a little new to the series and I watched it on and off but now I watch it every friday, I love the show.

My question is, is the 10th Dr. the same as the others, I know from watching he is only Time Lord left. Did the 9th Dr. disappear and out came the New Dr.

I am still watching Season 1 on Netflix. I have not finished watching it yet, I am only on the episode "The Empty Child"

David Tennant is awesome as the Dr. (Chris was also, but I like David better).

Danielle
        The 9th Doctor and the 10th Doctor are the same person. Timelords have the ability to regenerate their bodies when they're injured or near death. this makes them take on a completely new form and personality.

It is a genius solution to a problem that ensures the shows longevity.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't believe The Doctor is the last of the Timelords. We know that the Face of Bo said to The Doctor that 'he is not alone'. I know we've not seen another Time Lord (apart from The Master) through all of the series, however, I believe there are more out there, somewhere, and we will at some point see them.

If there are Daeleks left, right and center that keep appearing (when they're suppose to be all dead) then why can't there be Time Lords?
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I'm sure there could (and will) be more Time People out there (BTW I call them Time People so as not to differentiate between Time Lords and Time Ladies. It's all very political correct, really). I think the reason Gallifrey and most of the Time People are gone is basically because in the old series, lets be honest, they were pretty cheesy. They had the OTT costumes with weird head/neck ornaments and in this day and age you would see that on TV and just think WTF?! and it would be harder to take the series seriously.

Comment

Working...
            X