Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my friends was just saying that about the name thing right, well when would he have to say his name... during a wedding ceramony!!
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      yeah,

my main theory is that as an archeologist, she found the doctors tomb or something where his diary and screwdriver were, and just followed him around since
      I like this theory but have we ever seen the Doctor keeping a diary? He obviously doesn't seem to indicate that it could be his and you would think he would recognize it?

Also, I certainly hope she is not Jenny because calling him "sweety" would just be...well....ewww.

I like the companion theory. Will have to do some research on the Rani/Romana theories as I have not seen any old Doctor Who so I'm not sure who/what these are.
      Shelly
      My Photos
      sigpic

Comment

I think the Rivers Song (no, no miss spelling) is the Tardis and/ or the time continuum incarnate.

Comment

Shes his wife, or someone that he's romantically linked to.. they're in love, the handcuffs (sexual reference)... the kissing thing... Shes not Jenny, shes not Amy, shes not the Rani, shes not the master, shes not romana... shes a new character
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Well I was trying to find some info on the names...

On this website... under the search parameters: "Baby names meaning song - page #1"

It listed http://www.yeahbaby.com/meaning-of-n...ong&page=all-1

Well... one of the names listed was: "Rani"

http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-name.php?name=Rani

Arabic meaning of the boy´s name Rani:
            to gaze, gazing

Hebrew meaning of the boy´s name Rani:
            song

Hebrew meaning of the girl´s name Rani:
            song

Hindi (Sanskrit) meaning of the girl´s name Rani:
            a queen

Indian meaning of the girl´s name Rani:
            queen, princess

Strange...

What is stranger is that the legend of "Aimee" was that she was the mother-in-law of Aeneas who fathered the Roman people... Queen Aimie... the Rani... Song... The Rani?

There are several points of contact therein.

O_O

Am I just over-thinking this?

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
              Am I just over-thinking this?
              Probably, but that's half the fun! Pretty good logic though.

EDIT: It is intriguing, but Moffat is a master of misdirection, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. But as I said, great thinking.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Generally the word play has been left to anagrams and acronyms. It would be a shame to put all that hard work into linking two characters up but find out you can't use the name. YANA/you are not alone. TORCHWOOD/doctor who. LEADWORTH/late dr who.

So I believe you're other thinking it, but it's a very interesting direction you've taken with it.

sigpic

Comment

Is it possible she's the doctor's daughter? It's a question since, I don't' remember much about her.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    Is it possible she's the doctor's daughter? It's a question since, I don't' remember much about her.
                    she talks about kissing the doctor when he's much older so i would hope not
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

In the Big Bang
                      Spoiler:
                      the Doctor asked her about marriage and kept saying yes to being married and to accepting his notaproposal. So she's definitely his wife in my books rather than Jenny or another one of his unseen children.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think she is the Doctor's daughter/granddaughter either. If she was, their relationship would feel uncomfortably incestuous to me.

I'm happy for River just to be River - a woman of mystery and an excellent bit of creativity by Steve Moffat.

Comment

Okay I have a question and I don't feel like watching The Pandorica Opens again/ can't because I'm in the US... but does the River Song in that episode "leave the brakes on" on the Tardis when she flies it?

I know this doesn't help figuring out who she is. But, it could help clear up why she says she was taught by someone else ("the best") in Time of the Angels, and later says that she was taught by him in TPO.

Maybe she eventually turns evil and learns how to fly from The Master?

Comment

Originally posted by TomLikesGuitar View Post
                            Okay I have a question and I don't feel like watching The Pandorica Opens again/ can't because I'm in the US... but does the River Song in that episode "leave the brakes on" on the Tardis when she flies it?

I know this doesn't help figuring out who she is. But, it could help clear up why she says she was taught by someone else ("the best") in Time of the Angels, and later says that she was taught by him in TPO.

Maybe she eventually turns evil and learns how to fly from The Master?
                            I actually noticed that aswell. It could just be a production error considering that noise is associated with the TARDIS moving through space and time. Or given that Moffat is a genious it could be somthing more...

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                              I actually noticed that aswell. It could just be a production error considering that noise is associated with the TARDIS moving through space and time. Or given that Moffat is a genious it could be somthing more...
                              I think the "taught by the best, not you" and "you taught me" lines are intended to indicate it wasn't the 11th Doctor that taught her how to fly the TARDIS, but it was the Doctor. As for the brakes, I read one fan theory that makes sense, that leaving the brakes on makes the TARDIS easier to fly for one person, and that while River was technically correct in ToA, she was basically just showing off and trying to get under the Doctor's skin, and under normal circumstances she would leave the brakes on like him.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I kinda figured she is the Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X