Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    And what of Amy being her mum
    If Amy was her mother then that would involve either Amy abandoning her child in the future, or Amy and rori moving to the future, either way unlikely to happen, we pretty much know for sure that River is from the 51st century give or take. Though I suppose its not as a crazy as some of the other ideas that have been thrown around here, plus River doesn't seem to react anyway to amy more then a friend would, and I think her being Amy's daughter would make the river song thing about Amy which its not... its about the doctor

I would say its far more likely that River is connected to the silence in some way (Which Im hoping will be the full time return of the timelords, or at least some of them)
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      If Amy was her mother then that would involve either Amy abandoning her child in the future, or Amy and rori moving to the future, either way unlikely to happen, we pretty much know for sure that River is from the 51st century give or take. Though I suppose its not as a crazy as some of the other ideas that have been thrown around here, plus River doesn't seem to react anyway to amy more then a friend would, and I think her being Amy's daughter would make the river song thing about Amy which its not... its about the doctor

I would say its far more likely that River is connected to the silence in some way (Which Im hoping will be the full time return of the timelords, or at least some of them)

For all we know River "could be the silence" Afterall the Dalek was pretty much freaked out by her.

OK that link which I posted had the bit about Amy being River's mother. Or Amy could be Susan's mother
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

For all we know River "could be the silence" Afterall the Dalek was pretty much freaked out by her.

OK that link which I posted had the bit about Amy being River's mother. Or Amy could be Susan's mother
        From what we've seen the silence seems to be something more like the daleks back in season 4 with the stars going out... thats why Im thinking its timelords doing their ascending thing from the end of time. Like who/what river is, is something that the bishop from the angels knows about, indicating is something more tangible then the silence, something which a non time traveller can undestand

Comment

Who's Susan??

Spoiler:
          And I'm still wondering if River will be a more reaccuring character. I haven't been up to date on these things that involve her but.. I think she's a fascinating character and I'd love to know "when" the Doctor knows her. Like when he meets her in the future and finally knows who she is.
          sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

Susan is/was the First Doctor's rather annoying granddaughter (although there was some speculation that she might have been some kind of Gallifreyan royalty...)

She got left behind on Earth in 2164 following the events of "The Dalek Invasion of Earth".
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by vp1398 View Post
              I don't know what to do whether to laugh or to scream with the Doctor.
              When I read it, it more than anything creeped me out.

But River died in the Library. Jack can't die, right? So if Jack can't die then therefore he can't be River cause she died in the Library.

And I thought Jack was the Face of Boe.
              But even that could be a theory as well.
              This is my reason why I think it is a theory: Didn't the Face of Boe said that he and the Doctor are alike in that they were the last of their race? Now if that's true then, Jack most likely is not the Face of Boe because there were humans in the future; therefore he can't be the last of his race.

Hmmmm... Food for thought.

PS: I know that the link was to fanfiction. Although I do think the idea is very original, I strongly disagree that Jack is River; there's just not enough proof.
              There is always one.

Comment

I agree with you, I only quoted the link for a laugh. :-)

Comment

Read through almost all the comments up to this point and I'm going to have to take some time to digest them and come to a theory I agree with, but...

So many think she is a Time Lord in some way or another, do you not think the Doctor would know if she was a Time Lord? I kinda do
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    Read through almost all the comments up to this point and I'm going to have to take some time to digest them and come to a theory I agree with, but...

So many think she is a Time Lord in some way or another, do you not think the Doctor would know if she was a Time Lord? I kinda do
                    If she's a Time Lord, then she used the chameleon arch to hide her true identity.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Scientist1 View Post
                      And I thought Jack was the Face of Boe.
                      That was a joke. RTD said when you find out the truth the joke ends and he never wants that to happen. Anyway, Jack could just be an alien that looks human.

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      If she's a Time Lord, then she used the chameleon arch to hide her true identity.
                      And then she forgot who she was? Seems to be a minor side effect from use of the Chameleon Arch.
                      My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
                        That was a joke. RTD said when you find out the truth the joke ends and he never wants that to happen. Anyway, Jack could just be an alien that looks human.
                        That certainly makes more sense to me, given Jack overheard Martha and the Doctor talking about the Face of Boe. Fits with his sense of humour and personality to screw with them too.

And then she forgot who she was? Seems to be a minor side effect from use of the Chameleon Arch.
                        The Chameleon Arch theory is definitely interesting. Maybe there's a way of changing the person's biology without altering their memories or mind.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Next question - How could "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead" River have the Tenth Doctor's sonic screwdriver if it was destroyed during "Eleventh Hour"?
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Next question - How could "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead" River have the Tenth Doctor's sonic screwdriver if it was destroyed during "Eleventh Hour"?
                            Ah, but do we know it was the Tenth Doctor's? It was similar, but different, so maybe the Eleventh or Twelfth Doctor changes to that type of sonic in the future. Maybe the green claw type gets a bit cumbersome later on, or since the Doctor's screwdriver was bitten in half by a flying shark in A Christmas Carol, he's taken the opportunity to change it's design?

Or, it could be another instance of 'wibbly wobbly, timey wimey'...ness. Time is in flux, and all that.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Ah, but do we know it was the Tenth Doctor's? It was similar, but different, so maybe the Eleventh or Twelfth Doctor changes to that type of sonic in the future. Maybe the green claw type gets a bit cumbersome later on, or since the Doctor's screwdriver was bitten in half by a flying shark in A Christmas Carol, he's taken the opportunity to change it's design?

Or, it could be another instance of 'wibbly wobbly, timey wimey'...ness. Time is in flux, and all that.
                              Well we don't know how far into the doctors future he gives river that sonic screwdriver, like obviously the doctor will live past 13 regenerations, for all we know that could be the sonic screw driver of the 13th doctor.. or the 145th doctor, plus all it is really is just changing a prop sometime in the shows future.. not that much of a problem really.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                I doubt shes a timelord... 1 because the doctor met her before the events of the end of time and yer wan in that said there were 2 survivors, the doctor and the master, though I suppose wibbily wobbily timey wimey could solve that.. on the other hand if she is a timelord theres absoultely no good reason for her to remain in human form given that she faces life and death situations fairly regularly by the looks of it, also if she was a timelord it wouldn't make much sense for her to be living among humans as it seem she does... like she is a professor or archaeology somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X