Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just rewatching the episode where the Dr's daughter is cloned, I think River is the daughter re-generated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncalledgrl View Post
      I was just rewatching the episode where the Dr's daughter is cloned, I think River is the daughter re-generated.
      But he never told Jenny hsi name...... So how did regnerated Jenny as River Song get told his name?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        But he never told Jenny hsi name...... So how did regnerated Jenny as River Song get told his name?
        She could have got it in her subjective past but the Doctor's subjective future. We know they keep meeting out of synch, and so far, backwards relative to each other, so in River's past, she met a future Doctor, learned his name, and then in the Doctor's past (Silence in the Library) he meets her for the first time at the point she dies.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          She could have got it in her subjective past but the Doctor's subjective future. We know they keep meeting out of synch, and so far, backwards relative to each other, so in River's past, she met a future Doctor, learned his name, and then in the Doctor's past (Silence in the Library) he meets her for the first time at the point she dies.
          Good point...... But River has had a rather intimate relationship with the Doctor to get to the point where she knows his name and if she is Jenny Eeeeewwwww......

Comment

Good point...... But River has had a rather intimate relationship with the Doctor to get to the point where she knows his name and if she is Jenny Eeeeewwwww......
            Yep. That's why I definitely don't subscribe to the Jenny theory of River Song's identity.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncalledgrl View Post
              That's most creepy. O.o I don't think Jenny would go around calling the Doctor "sweetie."
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

It' a pity the writers can't be made aware that some fans do not like this stuff.

But having now established there is a relationship with The Doctor and River Song from the Library episodes the genie has been let out the bottle so has to be resolved.
                It's established that River has romantic feelings for the Doctor......not neccesarily the other way round.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

She's his mother.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    It's established that River has romantic feelings for the Doctor......not neccesarily the other way round.
                    They've been pretty careful not to establish exactly what her feelings and relationship for him are.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was just thinking: what if River's alleged victim isn't the Doctor?

We know she's imprisoned for murder at some point, "a good man", "a hero to many", "best man I've ever known". What if it's something totally different and unexpected than the implication? What if it's....I dunno, Rory, or Captain Jack? Not that I mean them specifically, just that it's totally someone else.

She can't exactly kill the Doctor now can she? Presumably Matt Smith is around for a while, so we can't have the Doctor dying or regenerating.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        She can't exactly kill the Doctor now can she? Presumably Matt Smith is around for a while, so we can't have the Doctor dying or regenerating.
                        It can't be 11 she kills, 12 would regenerate and problem solved, she's off the hook. However her timeline is all over the place so she could kill his final incarnation (12, as it's my belief 10th wasted a regeneration when Rose returned so he won't have form 13) and that's why she goes to prison.

This could mean the "old" Doctor she spent her time with could send her off to her death (the story she tells when she first meets 10), then travel to whatever point he needs to go to, so she kills him. Meaning The Doctor always knew when she'd die, and she knew when he'd die. Or the Doctor himself knows that it's when he dies, so can try thinking up a way to save himself so he doesn't actually die, but makes everyone think he does.

sigpic

Comment

The Doctor is perhaps too obvious, and unlikely. Then again, Moffat seems adept at making us look for non-obvious solutions, only to pull the obvious one out and make it seem incredibly clever and original.

If it isn't the Doctor that she killed, then I'm guessing, since she's a time hopping trigger happy archaeologist, it's a historical person. Since she comes from an age with time travel, presumably its entirely possible to be tried and convicted of crimes committed centuries ago?

Here's where it gets fuzzy:

Spoiler:
                          Since at least one story in the new series is set in the US in the Sixties...JFK? I don't know enough about history to comment on the 'great man', 'hero to many' stuff, but hey, it's an idea.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            The Doctor is perhaps too obvious, and unlikely. Then again, Moffat seems adept at making us look for non-obvious solutions, only to pull the obvious one out and make it seem incredibly clever and original.

If it isn't the Doctor that she killed, then I'm guessing, since she's a time hopping trigger happy archaeologist, it's a historical person. Since she comes from an age with time travel, presumably its entirely possible to be tried and convicted of crimes committed centuries ago?

Here's where it gets fuzzy:

Spoiler:
                            Since at least one story in the new series is set in the US in the Sixties...JFK? I don't know enough about history to comment on the 'great man', 'hero to many' stuff, but hey, it's an idea.

That is just way too screwy...... If she were imprisoned for JFK why was Oswald the one on trial who himself got killed?

Comment

That is just way too screwy...... If she were imprisoned for JFK why was Oswald the one on trial who himself got killed?
                              I shouldn't have bothered with the spoiler tags then?

There are a lot of people maintaining that Lee Harvey Oswald was not the person responsible for JFK's death and/or there was a second shooter, and whether or not this is true, it still makes good drama. Also, had a time traveling archaeologist actually been responsible for shooting JFK, it is unlikely she would have stood trial in the Sixties, or that this would have been made public. Maybe Torchwood or UNIT (or a precursor) covered it up? Who knows, it's only a vague and fuzzy theory!

I was more trying to illustrate that, given the Moff's fondness for and grasp of time travel, and the obviousness of the 'great man' being the Doctor, there is a significant chance of the person being a historical person and that maybe that's where we should be looking.
                              sigpic

Comment

Last I read, it wasn't even confirmed that

Series 6 rumour
                                Spoiler:
                                the Doctor will meet JFK. It's also rumoured that he'll meet Nixon, who certainly wasn't assassinated and most definitely was not a "great man, hero to many".

Comment

Working...
                                X