Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Regenerated Jenny.

There, I said it.
    so he kisses his daughter in the future ?
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Regenerated Jenny.

There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        so he kisses his daughter in the future ?
        Have they ever kissed though? (Lips, I mean).

I honestly can't recall but my inkling is 'no'....
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Have they ever kissed though? (Lips, I mean).

I honestly can't recall but my inkling is 'no'....
          not on screen but rover has said that she does kiss the older version of the doctor
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I sincerely hope River doesn't turn out to be Jenny (or his mother or himself) that would be just to weird and icky.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/...865af203_o.gif

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/...102ce32b_o.gif

I suppose Reinette would fit. Though if she has to be anybody I rather hope it won't be somebody obvious. You know, somebody from way back who would have us all scrambling for our DVDs or VHS tapes. Somebody like Todd from Kinda? She reminds me a lot of River.

INLINE GIFS AND PHOTOS MUST BE LESS THAN 100k IN FILE SIZE.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 13 September 2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Could be anyone, and I mean anyone.......
              My Instagram Account

Comment

I don't think it actually will be Renette, I was just positing a theory based on some circumstantial evidence. As cool as it would be, I'm sure it will end up being either a brand new character with manufactured history, that is history told through exposition but never actually shown, or someone we have yet to meet that will be introduced this upcoming season.

Comment

Romana
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Regenerated Jenny.

There, I said it.
                    Ya me and my siblings always make jokes based on sexual innuendos with our parents too... (that was sarcasm)

Its not jenny, absolutely without a doubt definetly not, thinking that she is... well its a word for stupidity thats far too rude to mention here..

Its already been discuessed to the teeth though river song, theres another thread here on it.

Its may be Romana, probably not but theres an remote outside possibility, shes not Renette, shes not his mother, shes not Jack, shes not amy, shes not rose, shes none of those crazy ideas.... shes not related the doctor, shes not a timelord.

An educated guess is that shes human, her entire life has been wound up with the doctors in a complicated fashion, she has a romantic relationship with him, they get married at some point, even though shes a human she's on equal footing with the doctor in terms of knowledge and ability, though her morals aren't as strong. Like guys theres mysterious around her sure... but Steven Moffet is a clever writer.. who/what ever she turns out to be is going to make perfect sense, and be consistant with everything we've learnt about her so far. Thats just a fact.
                    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 13 September 2010, 01:58 PM.
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      Ya me and my siblings always make jokes based on sexual innuendos with our parents too... (that was sarcasm)
                      I wasn't aware that we had a 900 year old Time Lord's offspring posting on our forums. I'd be interested in knowing which other human societal values can be applied to persons of a different species originating on another world in a different galaxy.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wasn't aware that we had a 900 year old Time Lord's offspring posting on our forums. I'd be interested in knowing which other human societal values can be applied to persons of a different species originating on another world in a different galaxy.
                        "River I could kiss you!... Oh well maybe when your older"

"(River says a list of coordinates followed by a slight brush of her hair in a flirty fashion in a message meant for the doctor)"

"Im not going to be there to catch you every time you feel like jumping out of a space ship!!.... and you are so wrong (River has a flirty smile on her face)"

"Its how he keeps track, I think its hilarious (River is laughing)

"You two are arguing like an old married couple!!! (River has a look on her face confirming this,Someone who wasn't his wife would not have had that look)"

"Is river song your wife, like she talks to you all like, hey old boy, Ive never seen anyone talk to you like that before.... Yes......... I am Mr. Grumpy Face today"

"Don't look at that, its my future.. Our future..."

"Are you married River Song? Are you asking? Yes... wait did you think I was asking you if you were married or asking you to marry me? Yes... which one was it? Yes..." (All the time river has a flirty, happy smile on her face)

"You always dance at weddings"

River knows the doctor name, given that we know that there is something apparently so awful around his name that he doesn't tell anyone, yet can you think of some situation where he would have to say his name? maybe some sort of ceramony??? maybe something... like.... a wedding maybe??

Rivers constant joking about handcuffs has a very literal romantic implication...

The Doctor taught her to pilot the TARDIS.

Theres a few bits.. Ive paraphrased of course cos its too early in the morning to go trawling through 6 different episodes, and yes I know some of them do not conclusively point to her being the doctors wife, but there are others that do, without a doubt. Now yes in real life I know nothing of which human societal values can be applied to persons of a different species, but this isn't real life, its doctor who, a place where things are not supposed to make sense in real life, merely within the shows own universe and continuity. And for all intents and purposes, the doctor has the pretty much the exact same social values as a human. Now ask yourself... is steven moffet writing an incestious character??.. would the BBC let him?? no.. no they wouldn't.. even if he wanted to.. they wouldn't.... Now as we know Jenny was created by Stephen Greenhorn, and she was portrayed by Georgia Moffett, but this doesn't mean that she has any connection at all to Steven Moffett..... Doctor Who has plenty of twists sure... but the kinda twists your talking about would be like Rose really being a trans gender, Jack being a paedophile and bringing a small child around with him in Torchwood, Donna openly practicing beastiality.. etc.. like really if you look at all that and you still think that River is Jenny... you should probably never ever ever write anything ever...

Comment

"River I could kiss you!... Oh well maybe when your older"
                          This is the only one that supports that implication.

but the kinda twists your talking about would be like Rose really being a trans gender, Jack being a paedophile and bringing a small child around with him in Torchwood, Donna openly practicing beastiality.. etc.. like really if you look at all that and you still think that River is Jenny... you should probably never ever ever write anything ever...
                          Does it take practice to write such ridiculous hyperbole, or does that just come naturally?

Comment

This is the only one that supports that implication.

Does it take practice to write such ridiculous hyperbole, or does that just come naturally?
                            And Steven moffet has chosen to have characters constantly imply that she's his wife, and she's constantly flirting with him, plus the handcuffs and in general her demeaner toward him is that of a spose... look dude, I really don't understand why you, and others like you are thinking its Jenny and his mother and what not, because its just not... like who and whatever she is has to make sense with what we already know about her, mother and/or daughter don't fit that remotely.. Don't believe me if you want but Ill be expecting green when your proven wrong

You may think Im being ignorant, but its well.. difficult to deal with people who just choose to ignore facts for no apparent reason.

Comment

Oh she is his wife alright. I just want to see when and how it happens. I love River.
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

I personally don't think that she is his future wife. Think about it: would the Doctor really marry someone who has killed someone? Of course, we don't know the details relating to whom River killed.
                                But at the very last episode, River did kill a Dalek. I strongly believe that the Doctor would have given the Dalek mercy. He would never have consented her to kill the Dalek. And, of course, River said that "It died." This statement seems to indicate to the others that it just died: meaning that she did nothing which is a lie. But she was the one who caused it's death!
                                And the fact that she was in jail.....well that is an unanswered question.

I personally think that she is some sort of a criminal (hence the jail) but not an extreme one. Maybe like Vala in SG1. Maybe all this time she is/has been lying to the Doctor about everything. And what if there is something else in the little Tardis book? We don't know exactly; the Doctor doesn't know....
                                I'm leaning to the idea that she is a lot like Vala (cause Vala was a criminal in her own way and she had a crush on Daniel). As for his name and other things she knows about him, well, who knows; she certainly has the characteristics of a criminal.

Also, why would people think that she is the Doctor's future wife considering the Doctor doesn't like violence? (don't tell me River is not that violent; she could have given mercy to the Dalek but she didn't. And to lie about it.....)
                                If she is, then the Doctor picked very poorly.

Sorry if I seem to repeating a lot of things. I just wanted to be clear.
                                There is always one.

Comment

Working...
                                X