This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose theory (Spoilers Series 4)

This isn't actually my theory, but it's one that caught my attention when discussing Doctor Who at a friend's house the other night. Anyway, the theory is this: When Rose looked into the time vortex, she said, "I can see everything. All that is. All that was. All that ever could be." My friend, and I now, believe that Rose in her "Bad Wolf" form saw the future and thus created a way for her to return from across the Void and potentially other occurrences that have yet to happen.

Thoughts? Rebuttals? Holes to poke? Jerky?
    Spoiler:
    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Thats a good point. When she had the vortex in her she would have been capable of pretty much anything, as shown when she brought Jack to life and gave him immortality. I have read that Rose and her family return because
    Spoiler:
    the parallel universe they are in collapses,
    but it is possible that she made sure this would happen, as you suggest.
    sigpic

Comment

That is actually a pretty good theory! We will see.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
        Thats a good point. When she had the vortex in her she would have been capable of pretty much anything, as shown when she brought Jack to life and gave him immortality. I have read that Rose and her family return because
        Spoiler:
        the parallel universe they are in collapses,
        but it is possible that she made sure this would happen, as you suggest.
        Spoiler:

Of course that would mean that Rose would destroy an entire universe for her own benefit which I can't really see.

But I do reckon you're right when you say that Rose saw the future and could well have at brought her self across at least. I remember back when there was Bad Wolf in love and monsters saying that I thought Rose must have done something in the future as well, but then she left the show and I dropped it.

Comment

At the time Rose wasn't thinking straight so in her desperation of seeing a future where she is away from the doctor, she changed the other universe just enough so it would collapse and she would be brought back.
          sigpic

Comment

its possible it wasnt rose it could of been the tardis taking her as a host since the docotor has that sybiotic relation with it

but if it was rose and she saw the future, she must of saw jack doing the whole torchwood thing and being killed so its possible she had to make him immortal

and if the univrse roses in is colaspsing then what about the doctor on her side wouldnt he know about it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              iand if the univrse rose is in is colaspsing then what about the doctor on her side wouldnt he know about it
              That's assuming Gallifrey does not have a singular existence across the Multiverse, which sometimes seems the case. I.E. There is only One Gallifrey and it is the same across all of time and across all universes. It exists at the junction point between all the individual universes which is part of why Gallifrey's present exists at all points along our timeline.

Comment

That's been a fairly common theory since season 1 season ender.

There are dozens of theories about how the Vortex changed her everything from

Changing her; making her like Jack only not "wrong"

Changing her; making her a Time Lord

Gave a way for her to get back to the Doctor after the events of Doomsday

Those three are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head but there are lots of theories out there.

Comment

interesting
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X