Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you join the doctor as his companion??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a heartbeat.

Comment

Depends on the doctor if it was the 9th or 10th doctor i would it would also depend on if there are any other companions if it was rose hell yea same with martha

So Yes i would

Comment

Yes, but I'd make him stop by my flat first and let me pick up the correct gear. Honestly, these companions go wizzing off in time and space fighting god knows what and they're not even dressed for action. Need a nice sturdy pair of assault boots, lightweight trousers... etc... Plus, you need a suit or number one uniform if you're meeting someone important.

*ahem* I overthink everything. Believe me though, I'd come prepared.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Yes, but I'd make him stop by my flat first and let me pick up the correct gear. Honestly, these companions go wizzing off in time and space fighting god knows what and they're not even dressed for action. Need a nice sturdy pair of assault boots, lightweight trousers... etc... Plus, you need a suit or number one uniform if you're meeting someone important.

Assault rifles, Grenades, full set of power tools (including torches (not flashlights), arch welders, saws, etc), sewing kit, toothbrush, fishing rod/kit, Towel (very important), and an American Express credit card. The card accepted almost nowhere in the known universe.

Comment

i probably would, but i can't imagine him as a very good conversationalist, perhaps if he had a second companion, preferably female, then definately
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
              Assault rifles, Grenades, full set of power tools (including torches (not flashlights), arch welders, saws, etc), sewing kit, toothbrush, fishing rod/kit, Towel (very important), and an American Express credit card. The card accepted almost nowhere in the known universe.

don't even brother with the rifle and grenades one the doctor probly wouldent let you and two. theres a good chanse that guns and grenades would be useless agest any thing you run in to. as for the power tools who needs them the doctors got the sonic scwediver.

all i would being would be my ds,psp,mp3plauer and a bag of jelly babys.

Comment

Is that what you guys call a Class A?

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                  don't even brother with the rifle and grenades one the doctor probly wouldent let you and two. theres a good chanse that guns and grenades would be useless agest any thing you run in to. as for the power tools who needs them the doctors got the sonic scwediver.

all i would being would be my ds,psp,mp3plauer and a bag of jelly babys.
                  Pfffft. The Doctor kills something almost every episode. Why would he have a problem with guns? And guns may be useless against Daleks, but they seem to work reasonably well against everything else. If they didn't, why would they still be using guns so very far into the future? Sure they have sonic weapons and the like, but they always seem to have guns there too.

A sledge hammer can do things that would make a sonic screwdriver drool <_<. Remember The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances where he was trying to find a way out of that room? Yeah. A small, handheld (if there is such a thing) acetylene torch would have had them out of there in 10 seconds.

I kinda wish they didn't use that Sonic Screwdriver as such a coup de théâtre (I think that is the phrase I am looking for). It's always like "hmmm. Now we're definitely done for! But oh! Wait! I have my Sonic Screwdriver! Now we've saved! Let me just reverse the polarity of the defector dish... no wait. That's Star Trek."

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                    Is that what you guys call a Class A?
                    Erm... depends what you guys call Class A .

It's smartest military uniform used for ceremonial occasions. Think what O'Neill wears when he is going to meet the President.

gopher; As for guns.... yeah the Doctor hates them, he yells at people who offer him one and anyone under his "responsibility" is NEVER allowed to use them.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

gopher; As for guns.... yeah the Doctor hates them, he yells at people who offer him one and anyone under his "responsibility" is NEVER allowed to use them.
                      ... Yet he has no problem killing something with anti-plastic, or "killing every stinking Dalek" or eternally torturing the Family of Blood in a truely sadistic fashion. One of the things that bothers me about the Doctor is how hypocritical he is. It is alright for HIM to hate the Daleks, it is alright for HIM to decide to kill anything that moves, but it isn't alright for, say, Harriet Jones to make the same decision under similar circumstances. The Doctor is all about freedom of choice and expression until someone rubs him the wrong way, and then his hurt feelings are all that matter.

*sighs* more poor writing. One of these decades there will be a TV show with awesome writers who are actually capable of understanding the consequences of the decisions of their characters. That way maybe characters won't do things completely OUT of character like The Doctor does.

Sadly that day has not yet come for any show.

Comment

I disagree. The doctor was not going to use the antiplastic. And didnt until there were no choices left. The doctor has always only used weaponry as a last resort. His dislike of guns is understandable, it takes no effort to pull a trigger, that sort of thing can breed killers. The other point is, he doesn't want others to kill. He accepts killing is wrong. Under any circumstances. But he accepts that there are times when its neccesary but always regretable. He'll never celebrate the destruction of a life.

Harriet Jones killed a retreating enemy. That is wrong.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I most likly wouldn't because I am a male and evan if would let me, he would evenchualy get sick of me and try to get rid of me like he does with his other companions.

Comment

He's travelled with male companions before. The 2nd doctor travelled with Jamie for pretty much the entirety of that regeneration. Jamie only left when the timelords got arsey and erased his memories and dumped up back home.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I fought we were talking about the new continuity of doctor that what my post was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                                I fought we were talking about the new continuity of doctor that what my post was talking about.
                                I think you need to look up the word "continuity" in the dictionary- it doesn't mean what you think it does. Either that or you have a really strange interpretation of the show.

As for the Doctor and his Companions: they're all the same Doctor; one leads to the other. That's what the whole regeneration thing is about.

However, even if you discount the eight previous Doctors, there have still been male companions: Adam (who was admittedly a bad fit), Ricky Mickey (who was at odds with the Doctor because of Rose), and Captain Jack Harkness. If Jack hadn't been killed and then revived he'd probably have traveled on with the Doctor indefinitely.

Besides, this isn't about what's realistic it's about what we as individual fans would want. So what if you're male? Or a tin dog? Or an alien? The Doctor's traveled with all of them at one time or another. Besides, even if it's one trip and the Doctor boots you off in the wrong time, that's still an adventure, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X