Future Humans too Weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Humans too Weak?

Every episode where we've seen the year 5 billion, the humans and their technology look really weak. Not to say that they aren't advanced, but for a race that has been around for 5 billion years, they look terrible. Based upon what I've seen from the show, the time Lords were only a normal space faring race at the time of Earth's creation 4.5 billion years ago and died out in the late 90s early 2000's. Therefore, humans had enough time to catch up to be beyond or close to the level that Time Lords are.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

Yeah I've wondered about this too. They seem to be a really stagnant society. I'd think that they'd either have advanced or died out during that 5 billion years. That is a long long time to be stagnant.

Comment

The future humans suck
      Spoiler:

Five Billion years and all we have is modern tech on a super rocket, the timelords discovered how to make things bigger on the inside, after five billion years humans have not, time lords rule!!!!!

The only technological futuristic thing is the Toclafane at least they looked futruistic
      Last edited by Skydiver; 21 July 2007, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, but remember that the poor humans keep having setbacks.

The fourth Human Empire (Satellite 5) kept collapsing thanks to alien interference. If they have to start over, they won't be that impressive.

Perhaps something is still wrong with the timeline . . .
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

they still should be more impressive considering satellite 5 was 200,000 years in the future while New Earth is over 5 billion.
          http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
            they still should be more impressive considering satellite 5 was 200,000 years in the future while New Earth is over 5 billion.
            If you look at human history you will see that it is a cycle of civilisations rising and then falling. If you look at the history of Doctor Who you will find that this cycle continued.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ascended One View Post
              The future humans suck

Five Billion years and all we have is modern tech on a super rocket, the timelords discovered how to make things bigger on the inside, after five billion years humans have not, time lords rule!!!!!

The only technological futuristic thing is the Toclafane at least they looked futruistic
              Well actually I think that the
              Spoiler:
              Utopia humans were an entirely new evolution of humans or humans evolved past that but reverted back to that state (the doctor said that when he saw all the humans living underground "Don't you get that, the ripe old smell of humans. You survived! You might have spent millions of years evolving into clouds of gas and another million as downloads but you always revert to the same basic shape, the fundamental human" so really they haven't had 100 trillion years of advancing..........
              Last edited by Skydiver; 21 July 2007, 07:32 AM.
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Folks, let's watch the spoiler space please. whole chunks of the world haven't see this episode yet and untagged spoilers are not only against the rules, they're not nice either
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If they are anything like captain jack, theyre all really horny.

Comment

Sorry..........
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

The Time Lords where far more than mere space faring species 4.5 billion years ago, in Genesis of the Daleks the CIA officer says that Gallifreyans mastered transmat technology when the universe was half it's present size, and in the Pythian control in the old time successful time vessels were already being tested, ie. Cats Cradle Time's crucible

Comment

Working...
                      X