This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
    I had forgot David Hewlett was actually English. I'm not sure if an actor must be British to portray the Doctor. I suppose with David Hewlett being British by birth, he could play the Doctor. He would have to be capable of putting on a decent Scots, English, Irish (Welsh even ) accent. David Tennant doesn't even use his normal accent as the Doctor.
    I dunno, TBH - I heard AT's English accent in Sanctuary and it dind't strike me as all that accurate - could be wrong, tho, I s'pose I need a real English person to say whether it sounded original or not.

But, yeah, I s'pose Reefgirl is right, there'd be hell if they choose a non-British actor for the part.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      I dunno, TBH - I heard AT's English accent in Sanctuary and it dind't strike me as all that accurate - could be wrong, tho, I s'pose I need a real English person to say whether it sounded original or not.

But, yeah, I s'pose Reefgirl is right, there'd be hell if they choose a non-British actor for the part.
      Well, it doesn't have to be an English accent, there's been a non English Doctor before and the current one is not English, even though he sounds English lol!

You both are right though. The whole of Doctor Who fandom would reach critical mass if there was even a sniff of a mention that a non Brit was up for the role.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Well, David Hewlett is originally English, isn't he? (and you shoudl watch it in any case!)
        True, but he doesn't have that accent.

Oh, and I do actually watch DW whenever I get a chance, but I seem to forget about it every time it's on.

Comment

I don't like AT's accent from the bits of Sanctuary that I've seen either- it doesn't sound at all real to me. (but then again I'm not a real Enlgish person. )

Well, it doesn't have to be an English accent, there's been a non English Doctor before and the current one is not English, even though he sounds English lol!

You both are right though. The whole of Doctor Who fandom would reach critical mass if there was even a sniff of a mention that a non Brit was up for the role.
          LOL.....that would make a wonderful joke. Hec, I'd like to see a non-British actor up for the role just to see the pandemonium break out.

The Doctor should always be played by an actual British actor. And if David Hewlett WAS British, I would mind seeing him up for the part.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          True, but he doesn't have that accent.

Oh, and I do actually watch DW whenever I get a chance, but I seem to forget about it every time it's on.
          FORGET! Shame on you! CBC. Mondays. 8:00. How hard is that to remember? Though apparently the ep to air tomorrow is worth forgetting.

Comment

If that's Evolution of the Daleks, then yes it is worth forgetting

Comment

Found out today my boyfriend doesn't like DT's real scottish accent.
              He did when I was finished with him...
              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
              LOVE HIM-> DT
              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Did anyone see David Tennant on Who Do You Think You Are when it was on, it was really interesting, he found out some of his family came from the Isle of Mull and some came from Northern Ireland, his Grandma and Grandad were the Ulster equivelent of Posh and Becks

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  If that's Evolution of the Daleks, then yes it is worth forgetting
                  Yes, that is tonight's ep.

Comment

Yeah, see, I always watch "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" at 8pm on Mondays.

*dodges flying sonic screwdriver*

Comment

*sends trained Dalek after PG15*

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        Yes, that is tonight's ep.

You will watch tonight's episode. You will, you will...

Fair's fair folks, you really have to suffer watch it, just like the rest of us had to.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

You will watch tonight's episode. You will, you will...

Fair's fair folks, you really have to suffer watch it, just like the rest of us had to.
                          Heh, I NEVER miss an episode of a show. No matter how bad it's supposed to be. Though I might have to record and watch it later if I don't finish my frakkin essay.

Comment

Alright alright, I'll watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              *sends trained Dalek after PG15*
                              *send trained human Daleks with all their horribleness and cheesiness after PG15.*

*thinks a bit...*

*And Lord Voldemort, too.*

*sorry, just finished the book.I can be excused.*
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

*send trained human Daleks with all their horribleness and cheesiness after PG15.*

*thinks a bit...*

*And Lord Voldemort, too.*

*sorry, just finished the book.I can be excused.*
                                *adds platoon of stampeding Judoon*

Those horns are going to hurt.....

Comment

Working...
                                X