This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great Question for DVD Sets or Good Idea for them

I was just checking out to see if i could find the whole list of DOCTOR WHO DVDs at Amazon.com .

1. The DVDs go for around $30.00 to $40.00 for a few EPS. Witch is out of control for a few EPS.

2. They don have a list or an order of the Movies , Nothing to tell you where the eps is in the series . What kind of BS is that ...

Heres my idea , the BBC should start up there own list for American and UK websites for the movies .

1. They could setup a list of how the Shows should be watched .
    2. Setup the DVDs for sale by the Doctors , not by the EPS . I wouldn't mind paying 60 or 70 dollors for each doctor ... Meaning getting all the EPS of tha doctor in on package ...

Those are my two ideas for them to setup doctor who ... Also lower the pricing of the New Doctor Who season down a little , 100 dollors is kind of out of control for 13 or 14 eps a box set . Not even BSG or SG-1 and SG-A have a price tag for that much ...

By the way they should also sale the Classical Doctor Who Series on iTunes in the order it should be in , either by them by eps, or by Doctors ... the BBC would make a killing off of sales of Doctor Who on iTunes ..... Take the Doctor ever where with you , iPhone , iPod Throw your Apple TV or your Laptop or DeskTop PC or Macs . God that would be sweet .

Stargate box sets are really cheap compared to most other science fiction sets. But yeah, Doctor Who is a really expensive one.

Comment

It could be a case of Copyright and import duty. It's not just you you know the latest series of NCIS is going for £40 which is $80

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        It could be a case of Copyright and import duty. It's not just you you know the latest series of NCIS is going for £40 which is $80
        I checked on amazon.co.uk and the prices there (after conversion) are almost the same as what I pay. I think we are complaining because we aren't use to being charged twice as much as the DVDs are worth like they do in Britain. I can never understand why DVDs and CDs and even books cost so much in Britain. Crazy.

Does anyone know when the Torchwood Boxset is going to be available in NA? I don't want to have to buy it in region 2.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
          Stargate box sets are really cheap compared to most other science fiction sets. But yeah, Doctor Who is a really expensive one.
          Stargate is a downright bargain in comparison. I could walk into almost any shop in town and get three seasons of SG-1 for the price of one season of Doctor Who.

Comment

What are you guys talking about cheap . Yes STARGATE Series is cheap compared to other series out there , but if you compare Doctor Who to other series out there , Doctor Who is way over priced ...

BattleStar Galactic - 21.99 to 45.99 a season ...

Stargate SG-1 - 34.99 to about 45.99 a season ...

Stargate Atlantis - 34.99 to 45.99 a season ....

Heroes - 39.99 to about 47.99 a season ...

Other TV Series - starting at anywhere from 25.99 to 55.99 a season ... You do get a few show that are about 64.99 at the most , but none ever go that far up in the pricing , at least no in america ....

Doctor Who is just over priced , yes its one of the best series out there for Sci-Fi , but Heroes and Stargate are just as great and dont have a hundred dollor price tag on them ...

Comment

Torchwood isn't out in a box set over here yet so you'll have to pay for 3 individual DVDs and before you whinge about price, hard luck I don't think there is going to be a box set. It's all about consumerism, you want it badly enough you'll pay through the nose for it, £20 - £40 is about right for a box set over here, you can find bargins if you look for it, Amazon usually

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                What are you guys talking about cheap . Yes STARGATE Series is cheap compared to other series out there , but if you compare Doctor Who to other series out there , Doctor Who is way over priced ...

BattleStar Galactic - 21.99 to 45.99 a season ...

Stargate SG-1 - 34.99 to about 45.99 a season ...

Stargate Atlantis - 34.99 to 45.99 a season ....

Heroes - 39.99 to about 47.99 a season ...

Other TV Series - starting at anywhere from 25.99 to 55.99 a season ... You do get a few show that are about 64.99 at the most , but none ever go that far up in the pricing , at least no in america ....

Doctor Who is just over priced , yes its one of the best series out there for Sci-Fi , but Heroes and Stargate are just as great and dont have a hundred dollor price tag on them ...
                Actually, put Galactica down for $21.99-$45.99 for a HALF season. Because that's what those sets were. And I seriously doubt the $21.99 unless you're getting it off ebay.

I'll also add that all Star Trek series were over $100 per season until the last six months or so.

Most HBO series are between $60 and $95 per season.

Doctor Who is definitely one of the most expensive series out there- especially considering the number of episodes on the set, however, it's also one of the shows of the highest quality, so I think it's worth the price tag. It just means that it takes a long time to save up for a season.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                  Maybe not in the US, but here in the UK, yes they do. Over here, there really isn't an awful lot of difference between DW and most other sci-fi series, especially if you look on Amazon or Play after a month or so.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

well, here in the UK, the first of the new series of Doctor who is £50
                    with an rrp of £69.99

whereas stargate goes for about £45 with rrp of £59.99

so there really isn't that much difference in the price between them.

also, i cant see your idea about $60 doctors per doctor working out.
                    just look at Tom Baker, well over 100 episodes, i doubt they would sell them for just $60

Comment

Where the heck are you buying your Dr Who DVD's from?? £70 for series 2, if you paid that you've been seriously had, even £50 would raise eyebrows. You can get early series of Stargate for about £25 if you look

Comment

Dear lords... I know about the pricing... we spent 89$ on my series two in February... and 71$ on series one in June.... that was after my mum managed to get them to give me a birthday discount ... I mean it's ridiculous... It's well worth it... but still... What's worse is.... to get series two we had to drive all over the state to find it.... We found it at Barnes and Noble... for 100$ and it was on sale... so we kept looking... sooner or later (I was supposed to get in in January... didn't get it till the end of February) we found it at a Best Buy four hours from our House... near my sisters home... Series one was easier to find... even though we spent all day searching for it... we found it about thirty minutes away at a Best Buy near my dads work... So not only is it hard to pay for... but hard to find... Still glad I have them

-RANT OVER-

Comment

I checked on amazon.co.uk and the prices there (after conversion) are almost the same as what I pay. I think we are complaining because we aren't use to being charged twice as much as the DVDs are worth like they do in Britain. I can never understand why DVDs and CDs and even books cost so much in Britain. Crazy.

Does anyone know when the Torchwood Boxset is going to be available in NA? I don't want to have to buy it in region 2.
                          try being an anime fan....

anyway if you you look you can find them around 20$
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Sorry you all saying go find at amazon.com , well that site is a over priced as well . I got all my STARGATE Series , even the new series for under 50 dollors a season at COSTCO.COM , but even throw COSTCO they want 100 dollors for DOCTOR WHO . as well as alot of other series at Costco you find alot better deals there then at amazon.com ...

As for the series , They really need to come down on the pricing after a year . Come on Season one and season 2 are still over 60 dollors in the US , and i have never payed that much for any series , and i got all the STARGATE Series , as well as other series .....

Comment

Torchwood and Series 3/29 of Doctor Who won't be available until they have finished airing in America. Series 3/29 is airing on SciFi now, so it might be available as early as October 1. Torchwood won't start airing until September, so count on a Christmas release if not early 2008.

Amazon.com may be overpriced in general, but their price for Doctor Who is the best around. At $60.00 a season, they beat out everyone stateside. Besides, scifi series are also sometimes hard to find. I have to try to find Stargate. The best price I ever found was $19.99 on Season 9 at Barnes and Noble. If you look for buy 2 get 1 sales on sets or clearance of an item (the 19.99 price), you can do well.

Also, many scifi shows are overpriced. Doctor Who joins a family of Farscape, the treks, and several others whose price makes everyone sick.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                              X