This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    The reason they gave for The Runaway Bride was that their summer schedule is "packed" (what with is beyond me) and therefore they didn't have room to shift anything because of requiring the longer timeslot. An explanation that makes very little sense- they could have just put it on a different day in the place of some "Royal Canadian Air Farce" or "22 Minutes" repeat or "Cononation Street" or that horrifically boring looking "Dragon's Den". It's not as if that's going to get lower ratings than airing it at midnight. Now if they air an extra long Doctor Who episode, it'll run into "Hustle"'s timeslot, which will then run into the National news, etc. Load. Of. Crap.
    Dragon's Den! You get Dragon's Den over there? As in the one with Peter Jones, Theo Paphitis, Duncan Bannatyne etc.? AWESOME show. Always descends into a showdown between Peter and Theo fighting it out for the best put down or the best pun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbM9pfdvAd0
    Last edited by Anubis69; 29 June 2007, 01:47 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
      Dragon's Den! You get Dragon's Den over there? As in the one with Peter Jones, Theo Paphitis, Duncan Bannatyne etc.? AWESOME show. Always descends into a showdown between Peter and Theo fighting it out for the best put down or the best pun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbM9pfdvAd0
      Nooooo, ours is a Canadian version. And it seems anything but awsome.

Comment

Frak. If the episode is fifty minutes long, chances are that the CBC will edit out 5 or 6 minutes. Hec- they couldn't air The Runaway Bride during the evening because it was longer than an hour. Stupid commercials.
        The ABC aired it on a Thursday night (last Thursday actually) because it ran longer. Doctor Who proper starts tonight here. *7.30pm ABC*

They probably didn't even consider not showing it... at least I hope not. Also in Australia I think the Doctor Who fans would have given them hell if they hadn't of shown it. Actually the ABC treats Doctor Who really well in comparison to the way commercial networks have treated other scifi shows. *bless 'em*

Comment

While I like the idea of a longer final episode, I dread what SciFi will do to it when it comes to America.

They are stretching The Runaway Bride to 90 minutes, and SciFi commercial breaks are the worst on television. They run the same trailers and commercials for several minutes several times each show. That and the commercials are always for male enhancement, cream cheese, disaster movies, and Painkiller Jane.

If they don't stretch it, they will edit it down and cut scenes out, which they did to a few of the Series 1/27 episodes. I hate SciFi. Does anyone know when US fans can buy the DVD?
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
            While I like the idea of a longer final episode, I dread what SciFi will do to it when it comes to America.

They are stretching The Runaway Bride to 90 minutes, and SciFi commercial breaks are the worst on television. They run the same trailers and commercials for several minutes several times each show. That and the commercials are always for male enhancement, cream cheese, disaster movies, and Painkiller Jane.

If they don't stretch it, they will edit it down and cut scenes out, which they did to a few of the Series 1/27 episodes. I hate SciFi. Does anyone know when US fans can buy the DVD?
            Ouch.....Stretching The Runaway Bride to 90 minutes means half an hour of THOSE commercials..... Eegads!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post

Regarding the DVD... I am keeping my eyes peeled (I always pre-order since Series 2 came out).

Mattathias

Comment

I recorded Runaway Bride off of the CBC and it actually ran to about 22 mintues. They put some weird cartoon on after. So I think we got it better than Sci-Fi's commericals!
                And yes, I did try watching Painkiller Jane. One of the CHUM channels was airing it. It certainly was PAINFUL to watch! Okay, I didn't even get through the whole episode.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Occasionally CBC will do that. They have these little 5 minutes cartoons taht they sometimes put on after movies and the like to fill out the timeslot to a half hour or hour.

That's because there are a maximum number of commercials that can be run per half hour. They *cannot* exceed that. I think though, IIRC, that the Harper government just announced that the alloted ad time would be drastically increased. So we are going to be seeing waaaaaaaay more ads in the next couple years (it is being increased step by step so people don't get jarred to much by suddenly having an extra 12 minutes of ads every show).

I imagine this will lead to a lot more of those crappy edited episodes. I watched A Knight's Tale on TBS the other day and they edited out about half the movie (except for that poorly done sex scene, which they left in).

Well, I mainly watch things though... alternative methods... before buying them on DVD now anyway (if I like them), so I guess this won't matter for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                    I recorded Runaway Bride off of the CBC and it actually ran to about 22 mintues. They put some weird cartoon on after. So I think we got it better than Sci-Fi's commericals!
                    And yes, I did try watching Painkiller Jane. One of the CHUM channels was airing it. It certainly was PAINFUL to watch! Okay, I didn't even get through the whole episode.
                    That's airing up here? Had no idea.....not that I care, it looks too dreadful to even give a chance.

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                    Occasionally CBC will do that. They have these little 5 minutes cartoons taht they sometimes put on after movies and the like to fill out the timeslot to a half hour or hour.

That's because there are a maximum number of commercials that can be run per half hour. They *cannot* exceed that. I think though, IIRC, that the Harper government just announced that the alloted ad time would be drastically increased. So we are going to be seeing waaaaaaaay more ads in the next couple years (it is being increased step by step so people don't get jarred to much by suddenly having an extra 12 minutes of ads every show).

I imagine this will lead to a lot more of those crappy edited episodes. I watched A Knight's Tale on TBS the other day and they edited out about half the movie (except for that poorly done sex scene, which they left in).

Well, I mainly watch things though... alternative methods... before buying them on DVD now anyway (if I like them), so I guess this won't matter for me.
                    WHAT! When do we get an election? Please. Though I suppose the damage has already been done, but that's rubbish. There are wayyy too many commercials as it is. Are they TRYING to turn us into America?

Comment

WHAT! When do we get an election? Please. Though I suppose the damage has already been done, but that's rubbish. There are wayyy too many commercials as it is. Are they TRYING to turn us into America?
                      Yes on both counts. Election? No idea. I was kinda hoping that last budget would fail, but eh, it didn't.

<----- Harper ----->

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                        Yes on both counts. Election? No idea. I was kinda hoping that last budget would fail, but eh, it didn't.

<----- Harper ----->

Comment

Working...
                        X