This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Well, watched it, mostly. I sort of missed the beginning as I was watching the Season 10 DVD clips Gateworld just put up, but I had a feeling I would've been lost anyway since it was the second part of a 2-parter (I checked). Still, overall it was a pretty cool story. I liked the "Dalek-set" or whatever the mutant human cyclops was called. The human Daleks, or rather the only one that spoke was pretty cheesy indeed.

Liked the music though, very nice.
    The music is never a letdown- I have to add that to my list of "happy thoughts" for when I think of this episode (we did get some "exterminate!s this week!), because I couldn't stop cringing the whole way through. I hoped I'd like it- because I do often like things that other people express vehmanent disgust for, however.....

But I've already ranted on the ep thread.

Comment

Well, watched it, mostly. I sort of missed the beginning as I was watching the Season 10 DVD clips Gateworld just put up, but I had a feeling I would've been lost anyway since it was the second part of a 2-parter (I checked). Still, overall it was a pretty cool story. I liked the "Dalek-set" or whatever the mutant human cyclops was called. The human Daleks, or rather the only one that spoke was pretty cheesy indeed. I don't know...it just seems that the Doctor (or this version) was a little melodramatic, or perhaps David Tennant is just too intense for me.

Liked the music though, very nice.
      Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      The music is never a letdown- I have to add that to my list of "happy thoughts" for when I think of this episode (we did get some "exterminate!s this week!), because I couldn't stop cringing the whole way through. I hoped I'd like it- because I do often like things that other people express vehmanent disgust for, however.....

But I've already ranted on the ep thread.
      I agree the music is always good.... but come on a human dalek......

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
      Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
      http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Oh geez, I forgot about the pig slave crap. Seriously, what the hell was that all about? Also, there's a good reason why I hate old cinema, and I don't want to see that kind of showgirls on any scifi program ever again. The 30s are over, get used to it.

Now, those other kind of showgirls...

Comment

Oh geez, I forgot about the pig slave crap. Seriously, what the hell was that all about? Also, there's a good reason why I hate old cinema, and I don't want to see that kind of showgirls on any scifi program ever again. The 30s are over, get used to it.

That scene trek was talking about i must have missed that when did that happen.

Comment

I thought that the pig slaves were one of the better aspects.

And lucky you, you missed the entire show and dance number last week, which was.....well what was the point of that anyway? To fill up extra time?

Comment

And it's funny because CBC has at least three shots of that dance number in their summer programming promo commercial, and I never would have guessed that they were from Doctor Who, until I saw last week's ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                I thought that the pig slaves were one of the better aspects.

And lucky you, you missed the entire show and dance number last week, which was.....well what was the point of that anyway? To fill up extra time?
                Yep i think that was there point.... to full extra time.

Comment

I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked that song and dance sequence. The eps as a whole weren't pulled off well. For instance, I didn't like how that guy(... ummm... can't remember his name, the black worker's rights guy) was just killed off for no reason, and I found the voice of the main female protagonist very annoying. But I liked the exploding Daleks, the way the Dalek first came out of the elevator in the first part, and the fact that the other Daleks were capable of revolting when their leader showed complete and utter disrespect for the most sacred belief of the Dalek (racial purity).

EDIT: It just occurred to me that this show first aired 2 decades after WW2. And here we have a Nazistic species (Dalek) being fought off by a British alien. Huh. /EDIT

But other than that, both episodes were a waste. I really don't like pig people, and they just keep coming back. Any bets on how long it will be until we see yet another pig person in Doctor Who? I say the Christmas Special. Not this coming one (2007), but the 2008 one that will play just before season 5 starts.

Comment

I just re-watched it on the cbc web site and i agree the only thing good about this episode was the music. Was surprised though that the only dalek to survive would time shift to live another day... i overeall give this episode a 6.5 out of 10.

Comment

Murry Gold is definitely a semi-god, approaching demi-godhood with every episode.

As for the episode itself, Peter - bad luck on your behalf, you fell on what is prolly the worst episode this series. Don't give up yet. Wait til episode 8 onwards, the briliance will make you dizzy
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh don't worry, I'll keep going for sure. From I've read, I'm definately looking forward to "42" and the 3-part finale.

Comment

September can't come fast enough.....want Jack back!

And I want to see what this
                          Spoiler:
                          Master guy is all about.

Of course there are all of those wonderful eps between now and then.

Comment

Finally! Torchwood starts tomorrow at 9pm on CBC.

Comment

Working...
                            X