This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 3 GEOS scores...

I noticed a curious thing when filling in my GEOS scores for the latest Who episode, the scores for Season 3 are a bit too low, BUT the variance is very high, meaning that opinion is divided. I'm thinking it's because more Americans vote on GEOS than citizens of UK, and the show is more widely praised in its home country than in the US, where alot of the the in-jokes aren't properly appreciated.

What do you all think? Head on over to check out the scores for yourself. Do you think they are fair?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    What do you all think? Head on over to check out the scores for yourself. Do you think they are fair?
    Um... what is GEOS?

Comment

Can we have a link please?
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I think this is the website Dusk was talking about. http://www.geos.tv/index.php I thought it was an official site for TV rankings or something.
        Seeing as it's a fan-owned, fan-run site, do the opinions of fans really matter? *shrug*
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          Seeing as it's a fan-owned, fan-run site, do the opinions of fans really matter? *shrug*
          They never count for much round here anyway.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
            Ah, so it is some self important voting thing? Fans opinions matter? Lets not go down that road.

Comment

Granted! But it's a good gauge of what fans enjoy/dislike. Some of the bigger shows have episodes where a few thousand votes have been cast. I guess it's just an older more basic version of TV.com. I just think it's easier to determine viewer opinion on the show in a numerical indicator rather than these mini-reviews we all do.

But as for the low scores, I realize in retrospect, there have only been around 30 odd votes so far... hardly what I would call a significant slice of the viewer pie, and therefore hardly a fair reflection on an episode at this stage.

Sci-Fi picked up S3 btw. I'm sure the yanks will adore Manhattan... or not.
              sigpic

Comment

I noticed a curious thing when filling in my GEOS scores for the latest Who episode, the scores for Season 3 are a bit too low, BUT the variance is very high, meaning that opinion is divided. I'm thinking it's because more Americans vote on GEOS than citizens of UK, and the show is more widely praised in its home country than in the US, where alot of the the in-jokes aren't properly appreciated.

The scores on GEOS are somewhat tainted. For example, there are zero episodes from the 6th Season of 24 in the Top 10 on GEOS (they are in fact under 100th in the rankings), however on TV.com 2 episodes from season 6 are in the top 10.

I know this stuff because, I help maintain the site.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X