Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday's Dr Who Ep Facing Cancellation.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday's Dr Who Ep Facing Cancellation.....

....because of ****ing football (soccar to the American's among us) It seems Dr Who is facing his greatest enemy yet, the FA Cup semi's between Man U and Watford. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6544729.stm It seens Dr Who is going to be cancelled on Saturday if the game goes into extra time and penalties. I hate football even more now

Well, if Watford roll over as completely as Roma did (useless gits), there should be no problem.

Comment

Maybe we can bribe someone to put laxatives in Man U's beer

Comment

"A spokeswoman said the programme could not be broadcast after extra time as it would be "too late" for younger fans."

Screw the younger fans, we want our Who.

BBC have more than one channel so you think they'd make some sort of compromise by airing it on BBC2 or BBC3, hell even BBC4. This one of the most annoying things about Sports, they cause the good stuff on TV to be screwed over.

What's got to be worse is the repeating on Sunday won't happen, they'll do the christmas special instead which is pointless.

sigpic

Comment

"Canceled" is such a disturbing word. Isn't it just postponed? Won't they show it at a later date?

Comment

It'll be shown the following week, according to that link, but the last time Dr Who was 'Cancelled' it disappeared for 18 years

Comment

I'm not quite sure what the fuss is ...

all that'll happen is that it gets delayed a week. You may just have to wait a bit longer to see it. And i'm sure if you can cope with the break between seasons, you'll have the patience to wait an extra week between episodes ... won't you?

I find suggestions of moving it to other channels silly - that would mean that less people overall would see it.

Besides, the BBC has paid a lot of money for both the FA Cup and Dr. Who. It will want the maximum viewing figures for both - there is no way it will just stop showing a match half way through (they'd get lynched), and they'd get lower viewing figures by delaying or moving the episode.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                We're addicts, that's what. Don't you know what happens if you deprive someone of what they need?
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Postponed is not the same as cancelled. And it might not even come to that so let's keep a stiff upper lip guys! (tho' I'll be royally p'd off if I have to go without my Who fix this week as well)
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Don't you remember the bloody froths that ensued whenever Stargate was- *gasp!*- delayed because of Skiffy's various holiday marathons?

I'm hooked on Who, but I can wait. And at least we know it isn't going to be on. I can remember one time setting my VCR to record a show, not realizing that (American) football was on before it. I got almost an hour's worth of the game and a bare introduction to the show. Grrrr. That's MUCH more maddening, IMO. Especially since it was the premiere of the show in question.

Comment

don't scare me like that all i saw was Dr Who Ep Facing Cancellation.....

the ep part i missed.

Comment

Thank god its not really a Cancellation; waiting another week is just too hard. Damn soccer.

Comment

WHAT?!!!

Noooooooooooooooo! Stupid football! I live for Saturdays at the moment... Dr Who is just about my fave programme that's on air atm...

And i'm sure if you can cope with the break between seasons, you'll have the patience to wait an extra week between episodes ... won't you?
                          No. I won't! It's hard enough waiting for the new season.. at least once the season starts in the UK, we know we will usually get an uninterrupted run with new episodes every week (unlike US TV with its constant hiatuses (what the heck is the plural for hiatus anyway?!!) and preemptions).

And to have to have it postponed for poxy football. Ack.

I never usually play any attention to football at all but I guess this week I'll just have to pray to one of the teams (I really don't car which one!) thrashes the pants off the other so that there's no need for extra time or penalties... *sigh*
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's hoping Fergie fields Man U's C team and get gubbed by Watford in regular time. No matter, as long as it's the footie and not some fraggin' reality show that replaces Who, I can wait another week.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Don't you remember the bloody froths that ensued whenever Stargate was- *gasp!*- delayed because of Skiffy's various holiday marathons?

I'm hooked on Who, but I can wait. And at least we know it isn't going to be on. I can remember one time setting my VCR to record a show, not realizing that (American) football was on before it. I got almost an hour's worth of the game and a bare introduction to the show. Grrrr. That's MUCH more maddening, IMO. Especially since it was the premiere of the show in question.
                              Oh - it probably will be on Shads - it only gets delayed if the football goes into extra time (if its a draw). And seeing as one of the teams is top of the league and the other is a long way at the bottom, it's very unlikely to be a draw.

i.e. the ep will probably air, but there's a chance it won't.
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                              X