Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion/Appreciation (Spoilers for all eps aired on BBC1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw Lost Boy part 1. Wow!

Spoiler:
    Mr Smith is evil! Yikes! I thought something was a bit dodgy when he popped up even when Sarah Jane said she didn't need him and by the time Clyde started talking to him I knew things were horribly wrong.

So far the pieces don't seem to fit and I'm leaning more towards Mr Smith catching a virus than him having always been evil. Granted, you'd think a computer as smart as Mr Smith would have the universe's best malware protection, but it seems like the easier answer and there WAS a mention at some point about him receiving "periodic updates" from alien systems in the area.

I'd also like to know why he sent Sarah Jane to Pharos. I suppose we'll find out next week, but if the Slitheen didn't want SJ to find out about the project then why would their (apparent) boss get her involved? She isn't needed, is she? He's holding Clyde hostage, which works as blackmail for Luke, and the Slitheen themselves can snag one of the headbands, so why add a known troublemaker into the mix?

Not sure I like the return of the Slitheen. I suppose it was doomed to happen, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. One set of Slitheen stories per season is enough for me.

Comment

Yeah, loved part one of Lost Boy, particularly the ending.

Spoiler:

ShadowMaat, I don't think Mr Smith is the boss, I got the impression he was either an employee or a paid (double) agent.

Only problem was that I got in too late to video it, so I'll have to video both episodes next week.
      My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Fantastic episode. I'm loving the UNIT references. Can't wait to see part 2.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The treachery of Mr Smith came out of the blue, but there were enough clues for it to be plausiuble.

I'm glad Maria's Dad is in on the secret now. It's always tricky to pull off a scenario where an adult fails totally to notice that their child consorts with aliens etc on a regular basis.

Madeleine

Comment

I am so looking forward to part 2. Part 1 was great!

Comment

Just saw Lost Boy part 1 and would just like to say, I called the twist first:
              Spoiler:

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
              Liked the bit at the end where Clyde talked with Mr Smith, is that foreshadwoing future stuff? Is Mr Smith evil?
              I reckon that though Mr Smith isn't technically the big boss he's actually manipulating everyone into doing his bidding without them realising it. It's the only way reason why he would foil the Slitheen's plan.

Talking of the Slitheen, that was brilliant. Making them thin was a work of genious I did not see that coming at all.

Comment

If SJA goes to a second series (please, please, please X 1 Million ) what would we like to see?

Clyde's family?

Return of the Bane?

The Brigadier?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  If SJA goes to a second series (please, please, please X 1 Million ) what would we like to see?

Clyde's family?

Return of the Bane?

The Brigadier?
                  The Brigadier is a definite!

I'd like a Doctor guest spot actually.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Clyde's family?

Return of the Bane?

The Brigadier?
                    I'm also going to go with the Brigadier. I mean the references to him have been great but we need more.

Comment

Brigadier, definitely. Not all that interested in Clyde's family and I don't think there's any need to bring back the Bane. I wouldn't mind seeing some more classic monsters from the Whoniverse. NOT the Slitheen and maybe not even anything from the current series, but something to tie things together.

Comment

A thought occurred to me. Might the references to the Sontarans in "Eye of the Gorgon" - Egypt in in the 1920's wasn't it? - be a tease for their return in the upcoming season of Dr. Who?

We all know what RTD and his lackeysn are like...
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Yes it was. It's been confirmed that they're returning.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Yes it was. It's been confirmed that they're returning.
                            The BBC have photos of a Sontaran on their website, I don't like their new design. As my second cousin said "They have done the same to them as they did to Ray Winston in Beowulf." They have thinned them down and given them a muscular stomach.

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                              The BBC have photos of a Sontaran on their website, I don't like their new design. As my second cousin said "They have done the same to them as they did to Ray Winston in Beowulf." They have thinned them down and given them a muscular stomach.
                              Possibly that might just be their body armour?
                              sigpic

Comment

Possibly that might just be their body armour?
                                Well the armour may be giving them the washboard stomach (like Batman of the future) but they were fat little buggers, and would not have fitted into it without a serious diet regime (or Slitheen technology).

Comment

Working...
                                X