Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion/Appreciation (Spoilers for all eps aired on BBC1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Forbidden Planet is now taking pre-orders for SJA merchandise.
    There is one too many http:// in your link. Anyone trying (and failing) to get that link to work, try this one (it works): Forbidden Planet
    My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Caught the conclusion of Eye of the Gorgon.

Spoiler:
      The solution was a bit simple, but I still liked it, and Bea's scenes in particular were very bittersweet. Leaving the rest of the people as statues seemed a little harsh, though. Had to be that way, given Mr Smith's explanation, but still.

Also, I dunno about anyone else, but I loathe Maria's mum. Every time she shows up it makes my teeth itch and I just want her to go away. There were times when she reminded me a bit of Donna (the Runaway Bride) except that I actually like Donna. I hate the way she treats her ex hubby and her daughter and the casual way she tries to assume control over everything, acting as if she knows best when she knows nothing at all. They tried to give her a tender scene with the statue, but it didn't work for me. She still comes across as a spoiled, selfish little twit who fully deserves whatever ills she gets. And I so wanted someone (Sarah Jane, maybe) to correct her when she was going on about "My Alan." He isn't hers anymore. As soon as she started cheating on him she gave up any claim she may have had on him.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and at the climax listen carefully to the music: sounds just like the opening theme from Men in Black.
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 October 2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

*Harry Hill mode* Who's scarier? The Gorgon? Or the Weeping Angels? There's only one way to find out - FIIIIIGHT!!!
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

*Harry Hill mode* Who's scarier? The Gorgon? Or the Weeping Angels? There's only one way to find out - FIIIIIGHT!!!
          No contest, would you rather be sent back in time or turned into a stone statue?
          Personally, although I don't want to live in the past, I have even less desire to spend eternity as a pigeon toilet.
          My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Now I come to think about it, wouldn't they kind of cancel each other out?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'd say the Weeping Angels are a scarier villain, but crossing the Gorgon has a scarier fate.

Comment

My head hurts.

Madeleine

Comment

When I heard "Gorgon", I immediately thought "Maggie Thatcher"...
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think so after all the Gorgon would look at the weeping angels and turn to stone whatever happens. But, would the Angel turn back once the Gorgon stopped looking?

I really enjoyed Eye of the Gorgon part 1, except the ending.
                    Spoiler:
                    The fact that her dad has been turned to stone just shows that the turning to stone process can and will be reversed by the end of the two parter, it would be much more dramatic if they did it to the old lady or even the mum, basically someone who you do not know with 100% certainty that they are not going to kill off.

Comment

Still no comments on the latest ep?

Spoiler:
                      Fairly good conclusion. I didn't expect the "the war ended ten years ago" twist, even though it's one I've seen a few times before. Kinda felt sorry for the alien general guy, but I'm not sure I like how his boss was the ship's computer. I guess if he's operating under the alien version of radio silence it makes a bit of sense, but it still seemed a little questionable to me that she was his ONLY contact with the outside universe and he never questioned it. Or maybe that's part of being a soldier. *shrug* I know it isn't real and that it's just a kid's show, but it still left me iffy.

The black girl with the freaky hairstyle reminds me of someone. Probably another kid with freaky hair.

I liked Mr Smith's comment about how he chats with alien computers when they're passing through the area. It gives a bit more insight into where and how he gets all his info.

Comment

Obviously Clyde had played a laser tag/quest type game before. He was wearing dark clothing and had the hood of his sweatshirt up to minimise his target profile.

Many, many, many years ago, there was a laser tag venue in my home town. I remember the staff members saying that the real hard-core "pro" players would come prepared with bin bags to cover the neon green/ hi-vis orange "body armour" that the guns were attached to.

And didn't Mr.Kudlak look like one of the Creons from Space Precinct?
                        sigpic

Comment

Rrrrright. I'd completely forgotten about the SJA and I thought they would be a bit childish, but after being told about it by my bf. I thought i'd give it a go.
                          So, the Sky+ box is set for tomorow nights ep.

What should I look out for?
                          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                          LOVE HIM-> DT
                          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Well I finally got around to watching Warriors of Kudlak and I quite enjoyed it. Did anyone else think his ship looked vaguely like the Prometheus? While I was watching it the thought occured to me, why do Maria, Luke and Clyde here the aliens speak english they havn't been in the TARDIS?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                              Well I finally got around to watching Warriors of Kudlak and I quite enjoyed it. Did anyone else think his ship looked vaguely like the Prometheus? While I was watching it the thought occured to me, why do Maria, Luke and Clyde here the aliens speak english they havn't been in the TARDIS?
                              Possibly something to do with Mr. Smith the computer?
                              sigpic

Comment

Last night's ep on CBBC was a bit of a corker. It's been the first one that I'd call intriguing.

The sproggies missed Clyde and Luke though.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X