This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: Dimensions In Time

The Doctor faces his greatest challenge yet! From all across time, the evil Rani is attempting to imprison each incarnation of the Doctor in a dreary backwater place known as the East End.

As the doctor is plucked from time itself, can he stand up to the hordes of villans that the Rani has unleashed? And more importantly, will Children In Need meet their fund raising target! It's all here in the BBC Charity 'spectacular'; Dimensions In Time!

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3dpY...elated&search=

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhpJ...elated&search=

Note, I didnt upload them, I just found them.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

OMG I forgot how terribly bad this was . ANd thank goodness we didnt keep the technodance theme tune yuck !!!
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Mmmm the plot IS rather god awful. Can't make head nor tail of it myself. And usually I'm good at following convuluted plots!

But yay for the Brigadier and UNIT, even if their arrival was a little daft.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I didn't think this could be as bad as I'd heard but I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
          I didn't think this could be as bad as I'd heard but I was wrong.
          I still don't understand the plot to this. Then again, it's so bad that I've never actually made it to the end before getting very embarrassed for everyone who took part in this fiasco and stopping the video.

AyanEva

Comment

Terrible, absolutely terrible.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Wow, part 2 was even more horrible than the first part. It seems like the whole thing was put together at the last minute.

Comment

*shrugs*

Nobody on there got paid. They had to come with with a very short, very cheap story that could involve as many of the Doctors as possible.

The basic synopsis itself is fine, all the doctors trapped in one place and time for all eternity. That works. It's the execution that let it down. The doctor's current consciousness flitting through bodies was very confusing, it would have better to have kept the doctors as seperate indiviudals. And for the life of me, I cant decide if Ace's consciousness was flitting through past companion bodies or if he just kept encountering different companions, it made very little sense.

However, I suppose if you were an Eastenders fan youd really appreciate the crossovers. And Pertwee's acting was top rate.

It should also be pointed out, that after years of not seeing Doctor Who, it would have been a nice come back... ESPECIALLY with UNIT. I mean UNIT's arrival WAS ridiculous. Even more than the feeble resistance put up in "Doomsday" from the British Army, for the life of me I dont know how UNIT knew there was a threat. But it WAS great seeing the Brigadier once again return to help the Doctor.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                  The doctor's current consciousness flitting through bodies was very confusing, it would have better to have kept the doctors as seperate indiviudals.
                  That's what that was about? I thought it was just multiple Doctors running around in different parts of the neighborhood, ya know?

AyanEva

Comment

I think the common fanwank is that the Rani's weapon actually works telepathically on the Doctor's mind so that, while the danger is real, it's all taking place in the Seventh Doctor's head - with the other Doctors representing aspects of his memory/self. So the Rani's not actually erasing past Doctors from history, but erasing their contribution to the Doctor's overall psyche.

That theory also helps excuse the rather surreal 'dream logic' that seems to pervade the whole thing.

Comment

Ummm....

Say again? Please?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wow.....just wow......that REALLY sucked!
                        "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Sucked? I dont think so!

Dimensions in Time was the most Watched Doctor Who episode ever! I always wanted to see it and I finally got to! It was awsome! better than I thought it would be!

I wished they would put some more Companions in it. They were going to have the 5th Doctor face the Daleks, but Noel Edmonds had it editted out. The Daleks were the only enemies that never were shown (as far as I read and heard)

I finally heard The Rani's Voice (havnt heard of it in a LONG Time) seeing diffrent Doctors and Companions was AWSOME.

The Plot made sense to me. If they extended part 2 and didnt let Noel Edmonds edit out parts for his show, It would have made more Narritive sense. The Ending to part 2 didnt make much sense and was way too fast.

I really loved it and I still wonder who was that Guy with The Rani? Since when did The Rani or any other Doctor Who Time Lord Villan have a Companion? Was he under Hypnosis? Ya never know.

The Plastic heads of the 1st & 2nd Doctors looks fake and barley even looked like them too.

i loved it. Absoluty loved it. No Matter what. The Only Doctor Who episode i wouldnt like would be.......Image of The Fendahl, The Sun Makers, and Underworld. Dimensions in Time is probably my Favorite or my 2nd Favorite.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Working...
                          X