This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkseid
    ... and forced to sit through an Amway presentation.
    wow Amway presentation... That's harsh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      Um, sorry? This is scifi not scifact! I see no reason why a timelord couldn't change gender, it is becoming clear The Doctor can change a lot of things why is this so different?

What are people so afraid of? Really what?
      I officially want to die. The idea of a female doctor is horrid. Seriously. Just... Kill me.

That or let's make General O'Neill female in Series 11 of SG1, let's see how you like THAT!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The Doctor is male character, he should stay male IMO. If they were to say for season 4/30 "DT is regenerating into a new Doctor, and he is going to find a Female-Time-Lord/Time Lady" Not a problem, be a bit boring as there would be no "WOW" everytime she see's some new planet, but the Doctor is male, he should stay that way IMO.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The Doctor turning into a woman would mean there's a possibility of Romana turning into a man. So NO!

We could ge into far greater detail, but the crux of the matter is the Doctor is male. Also from the look of the series, all that regeneration changes is the exterior appearance, with all his organs remaining the same.

Now a spin off series, featuring a female Time Lord who acts like the Doctor (Romana anyone), I would more then happily watch.

Comment

No, that would change the feel of the show
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I speka for the majority wheneI say NO the Doctor is amle he should therefore stay male thats it finale.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                Who rattled your cage? Personally I don't think it will, as the doc is and always has been male and there have been female Time Lords (Time Ladies??) before. Presumably they stayed female throughout their reincarnations.
                But yeah, of course there is scope for a body swap experience between Rose and the doc, another of those great sci fi cliches that every show seems to visit in the end.

......and it will never happen.....
                My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                Build a Dalek
                Build a TARDIS
                Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

If the Doctor became a female...I'd lose absolutely all interest in the show. :/ It changes the mechanics of the show far too much.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                    If the Doctor became a female...I'd lose absolutely all interest in the show. :/ It changes the mechanics of the show far too much.
                    i agree
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'd like to give it a go

The Doctor isn't written as a male first and foremost; the Doctor is written as an alien first. His "maleness" isn't foregrounded by the writing - only the actor's gender does that.

Looking at the recent scripts we've had, the Doctor could be played by an female actor with minimal changes - just the personal pronouns. I can think of only one recent episode in which his maleness was a factor, and that was simply the way historical characters were written to respond to him, rather than the other way round.
                      scarimor

Comment

no i don't think that would work and it would just be too werid i think but a female Time Lord would be instursing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
                          no i don't think that would work and it would just be too werid i think but a female Time Lord would be instursing to see.
                          We've already had female Time Lords; and one of them was the Doctor's companion - Romana.
                          scarimor

Comment

Silly people! I keep saying that I'm the next Doctor Who but no one seems to listen!

Comment

It would be interesting although I dont think it would really work. And like everyone says it would change the whole feel of the show.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

How would you react if the Doctor became a woman after the next regeneration?

During the finale of Series 27, the Doctor implied that anything is possible when regenerating, i.e. he could have two heads. Then, why couldn't he become a she?
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X