Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey= What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
    Doctor= what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship. Get a little perspective.

Girl in the Fireplace

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

"This new hand is a fighting hand!"

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

"We must feed"
        "It means us!"

"We must feed ... you"

"People, look at that, real people!"
        "That's us, huray!"

"They're staring at me. I told them to stop, but ... "
        "Danny, you're a big boy, I think you can take being stared at"

"Don't forget to breathe, breathing's good"
        "Rose, stay off the frequency"

- The Impossible Planet

Comment

"It's a disguise!"

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

a favorite-favorite of "THE Doctor" in terminology quotes...
            it may be a bit slapstick, or called something else; but I found it immensely amusing considering its *ultimate* in teaching purposes.

I recently read (on wikipedia) that apparently some of Time Lords find the title of "Doctor" as "lowly" (and the Doctor is of the Prydonian chapter of Time Lords, which had a reputation for producing devious renegades, including "the Master"). Yet, in contrast, the Doctor seems enjoy his title's highly regarded status on earth, however humbling it may be on Gallifrey...

This is one of the Doctor's best educational *doctorate* moments to us lowly earthlings, with a brief lesson in learning how definite articles of *English grammar* could be so much fun!

not sure of the actual dialogue order from Tom Baker's debut "Robot" episode, but I'm fairly certain this is where it came from. So, if memory recalls this even remotely...

Before Dr. Harry Sullivan ends up as a "DrWho" companion, he has a bit of a tangled first encounter with *the Doctor*.

Dr. Harry: "Hello, I'm Dr. Harry Sullivan... and"

The Doctor: "I'm the Doctor, nice to meet you..."
            (shakes Harry's hand and then takes the stethescope to his own chest, Harry listens...)

Dr. Harry: "two hearts?? That can't be right."
            (Harry checks his own heart/chest with the stethescope)

The Doctor: "and You're a doctor?"

Dr. Harry: "Yes, *I'm* a *doctor*."

The Doctor: "but - *I'm* the Doctor!"

Dr. Harry: (insisting) "No, *I'm* the *doctor*!!"

The Doctor: "Noooo. You may be *a* doctor, but I am THE Doctor. 'The ONE and ONLY...! "THE" definite *article*', you might say..."
            (and spoken with a wicked grin from ear to ear!)

Comment

"I was a dad once."

Comment

DOCTOR: There we go. Do you see? To generate that gravity field, and the funnel, you'd need a power source with an inverted self-extrapolating reflex of six to the power of six every six seconds.
                ROSE: That's all the sixes.
                DOCTOR: And it's impossible.
                ZACH: It took us two years to work that out!
                DOCTOR: I'm very good.

Comment

*after defeating the leader of the Sycorax*
                  The Doctor: Not bad for a man in his jim-jams... very Arthur Dent... Now. There was a nice man...
                  Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                  - General Hammond

Comment

Jack: I would have bought a new battery for it, but someone glares at the Doctor but someone blew up the factory.
                    Rose: On the day we met he blew up my job. It's practically how he communicates.

Comment

Many of the best quotes are actually from Douglas Adams' 4th Doctor Episode "The Pirate Planet"

"The plank... the concept is very simple. You walk along it. At the end, you fall off, drop 1000 feet. Dead!"
                      - The Captain, "The Pirate Planet" (4th Doctor)

"Impossible... that means it should take about 72 seconds!"
                      - 4th Doctor, "The Pirate Planet"

"Well, to be fair, I had a few tools he didn't, such as a tea spoon and an open mind.
                      - 4th Doctor, "The Pirate Planet"

Though my favorite is from Battlefield:

"All over the world, fools are poised, ready to let death fly. Machines of Death, Morgaine. Not a war between armies nor a war between nations, but just death. Death gone mad. A child looks into the sky... his eyes turn to cinders. Is this war? Is this honor? Are these the weapons you would use? Tell me!"
                      - 7th Doctor, "Battlefield"
                      There's nothing more useless than a lock with a voice imprint.
                      - Chancellor Borusa (Invasion of Time)

I'm an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru
                      - Omar Q Beckins (The Unauthorized Autobiography)

Comment

Ah, I should find the time (and, er, abiloity) to watch the classic Dr Who, from your quotes.

In the meantime, I'll go with...

Mickey: "What's a horse doing on a spaceship?"
                        The Doctor: "Mickey, what's 18th century France doing on a spaceship? Get some perspective!"

...oh, hell, someone else already got it.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Doctor: Arthur
                          Rose: Arthur?!?
                          Doctor: Good name for a horse
                          Rose: No, your not keeping the horse!
                          Doctor: I let you keep Mickey!

(From 'The Girl In The Fireplace')
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Cathy: And then just recently, Mr Cleaver, The government's nuclear adviser...

Margaret: Slipped on an icy patch.

Cathy: He was decapitated.

Margaret: It was a very icy patch

Comment

Doctor: Why don't you just die!
                              Dalek: ...You would have made a good Dalek.

Comment

Sarah Jane Smith:We travel in time, Mr Scarman. I'm really from 1980.
                                Laurence Scarman: That is utterly preposterous, Miss Smith.
                                Sarah Jane Smith:Yes. Sorry.
                                -The Pyramids of Mars

The Doctor: Well, you see, Mr Scarman, I have the advantage of being slightly ahead of you. Sometimes behind you, but normally ahead of you.
                                -The Pyramids of Mars

Laurence Scarman: I see.
                                The Doctor: I'm sure you don't, but it's very nice of you to try.
                                -The Pyramids of Mars

The Doctor: The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits. Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
                                -Horror Of Fang Rock

The Doctor: That won't last; he's gay and she's an alien.
                                -Rose

Jackie: I'm in my dressing gown.
                                The Doctor: Yes, you are.
                                Jackie: There's a strange man in my bedroom.
                                The Doctor: Yes, there is.
                                Jackie: Well, anything could happen.
                                The Doctor: Ah... No!
                                -Rose

The Doctor: You think it'll last forever. The people, and cars, and concrete. But it won't. Then one day it's all gone. Even the sky.
                                -The End Of The World

The Doctor: I saw the Fall of Troy, World War Five... I pushed boxes into Boston Harbor at the Boston Tea Party. Now I'm gonna die in a dungeon... in Cardiff!
                                -The Unquiet Dead

More to come....

Mattathias

Comment

Working...
                                X