You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Really? What did you read exactly? The reason I ask you see is because I've had links to the Doctor Who Wiki - The TARDIS Index File - in my Sig here at GW for simply ages now as a courtesy for others who aren't all that familiar with the Whoniverse. My hope was that for my fellow fans to use it so they can contribute more to the A-Z, Hangman, Last Letter, and Word Association games here at GW and, hopefully, learn more about Doctor Who and its spin-off's at the same time. Whether anyone uses it I don't know, but I'd be thrilled to know that it has been and that its been a help for my fellow Whovians. I REALLY cannot recommend it enough. Its a great resource. Please, please check it out.

Here's the link again:

No excuses now. There's that link above and the ones below in my Sig which will ALWAYS be there. Totally recommended website.
    I read from the 74 pages in this thread. Some I read, others I skimmed through as there seemed to be a pattern going at times. I checked out your recommended link, looks interesting, I think I'll have to give it a closer look. I'm also thinking about checking out some of the fanfics, so if you know of any good ones please let know. I've seen some links others have posted to their fanfics but at the moment I can't remember which shows thread I was on Either Doctor Who or Supernatural. I get a little distracted sometimes when I'm sightseeing

WOOHOO I just got promoted. Goodbye Airman hello Staff Sergeant
    sigpic

Comment

For those of us in th UK, don't forget, there'll be a preview of the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas Special "A Christmas Carol" on BBC1 tonight as part of the annual Children In Need telethon.

It's scheduled for 2030hrs GMT, but as Children In Need is broadcast live anything could happen.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        For those of us in th UK, don't forget, there'll be a preview of the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas Special "A Christmas Carol" on BBC1 tonight as part of the annual Children In Need telethon.

It's scheduled for 2030hrs GMT, but as Children In Need is broadcast live anything could happen.
        I hope I can find that on the net somewhere after it's shown. Youtube will be the most likely culprit I'd think.

Comment

I would say it's a high probability, yes.

Actually, there are a couple of brief clips on the ol' Tube of You already. They're part of the BBC's Christmas trail.

There is also a rather nice fake trailer.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Clandestine View Post
            I read from the 74 pages in this thread. Some I read, others I skimmed through as there seemed to be a pattern going at times. I checked out your recommended link, looks interesting, I think I'll have to give it a closer look. I'm also thinking about checking out some of the fanfics, so if you know of any good ones please let know. I've seen some links others have posted to their fanfics but at the moment I can't remember which shows thread I was on Either Doctor Who or Supernatural. I get a little distracted sometimes when I'm sightseeing

WOOHOO I just got promoted. Goodbye Airman hello Staff Sergeant
            I'm glad that you'll be checking out the Wikia (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) dedicated to the Whoniverse. I hope you enjoy it and that it helps in your future playing of games here at GW.
            Ya know...I read fanfic for The X-Files...for Stargate...but I've never been too interested in reading any related to the Whoniverse so I can't recommend any stories for you. But...as it happens...I CAN recommend this site that I came across a long time ago. I'm sure it will service your fanfic needs:

http://www.whofic.com/

Congrats on your promotion btw.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'm glad that you'll be checking out the Wikia (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) dedicated to the Whoniverse. I hope you enjoy it and that it helps in your future playing of games here at GW.
              Ya know...I read fanfic for The X-Files...for Stargate...but I've never been too interested in reading any related to the Whoniverse so I can't recommend any stories for you. But...as it happens...I CAN recommend this site that I came across a long time ago. I'm sure it will service your fanfic needs:

http://www.whofic.com/

Congrats on your promotion btw.
              Thank you, I'll check it out
              sigpic

Comment

Well, the Christmas special trailer was on about *checks watch* twenty minutes ago.

Hmmm... Interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

I think the more Doctor who I see the more respect I gain for the BBC for never casting a bad character

Comment

...You have a big grin on your face after the Doctor's friends and former companions Liz Shaw, Tegan Jovanka, Harry Sullivan, Ben Jackson and Polly Wright, Ace, & Ian and Barbara Chesterton get mentioned in The Sarah Jane Adventures story, Death of the Doctor.
                    I have to agree with you. I had a very large grin. I thought it was a very nice touch.

You know you're a Whovian when...
                    Your neices give you a sonic screwdriver as a Christmas present...
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

You think that there were a few moments when John Simm's performance as the Master genuinely outshined David Tennant...if only for a few scenes.

*quickly hides in a corner*
                      sigpic

Comment

You have two sonic screwdrivers (10th & 11th) and are planning to buy two more (3rd's and River Songs).

Comment

You get bored and pretend that a pepper pot is a Dalek.
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

you know your little brother is a whovian when he starts insisting that his formal clothes must have suspenders and a bowtie, saying "Bowties are cool"
                            Spoiler:
                            Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                            I caught frogs and called them prince
                            And made myself a queen
                            Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                            I slept in castles and fell in love
                            Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                            To capture tinkerbell
                            They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                            But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                            And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                            And anything I can to get by
                            And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I know I am a whovian when I figure out the themesong on guitar completely from just listening to it while watching an episode

Comment

...You walk past a clothes shop window with armless plastic dummies and think "the Autons just aren't trying any more".

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X