No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a Sonic Screwdriver and - when bored - tend to tap the Master's fourth beat signal.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

You spend 68 USD on a series 2 boxed set.
      sigpic
      Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

... you have an erotic dream about Steve Moffat.

It was a bizarre Doctor Who/Tellytubbies cross over where Steve & I had to stop cybermen implanting TV sets in people's stomachs. Then when we'd done that..... I'll leave the rest to your imagination....

Put it this way, I'll never look at Steve Moffat in the same way ever again.

Comment

trying to come up with a lesson plan for art you instantly think of Van Gough and wonder if you can get away with showing a clip from the episode

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Everytime you watch a cricket game you look for a stick of celery on the players.
            Everytime you meet someone called Alonso instead of saying hello you say allons-y

Comment

...You have a big grin on your face after the Doctor's friends and former companions Liz Shaw, Tegan Jovanka, Harry Sullivan, Ben Jackson and Polly Wright, Ace, & Ian and Barbara Chesterton get mentioned in The Sarah Jane Adventures story, Death of the Doctor.
              Last edited by Alan; 16 November 2010, 06:59 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                ...You have a big grin on your face after the Doctor's friends and former companions Liz Shaw, Tegan Jovanka, Harry Sullivan, Ben Jackson and Polly Wright, Ace, & Ian and Barbara Chesterton get mentioned in The Sarah Jane Adventures story, Death of the Doctor.
                Loved that, even if I only knew about half of those. So happy that Ian and Barbara are canonically married as oppose to it just being fanon.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                  Loved that, even if I only knew about half of those. So happy that Ian and Barbara are canonically married as oppose to it just being fanon.
                  Yes, it brought me joy too that Ian and Barbara are confirmed as being married. And that apparently they haven't aged since the 60's either. I think that's wonderful.

You only know half of those friends of the Doctor? Which half?
                  • Dr. Elizabeth 'Liz' Shaw helped the Doctor (in his 3rd incarnation) work on repairing the TARDIS during his exile in the 1970's.

• Tegan Jovanka travelled with the Doctor (in his 4th and 5th incarnations) and was one of three companions that witnessed his fourth regeneration.

• Surgeon Lieutenant Dr. Harry Sullivan worked for UNIT as its Chief Medical Officer from 1974 and helped the Doctor's 4th incarnation following his third regeneration and went on to travel with him and Sarah Jane Smith.

• Polly Wright and Ben Jackson travelled with the Doctor (in his 1st and 2nd incarnations) and witnessed his first regeneration.

• Ace (real name Dorothy McShane) travelled with the Doctor (in his 7th incarnation).

• Of course Ian and Barbara found out the secret of the Doctor's granddaughter Susan Foreman by discovering the TARDIS and they were the reason the Doctor was forced to leave Earth abruptly and really began his adventures through time and space.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

[QUOTE=Alan;12077499]Ace (real name Dorothy McShane) travelled with the Doctor (in his 7th incarnation).
                    QUOTE]

Actually, it might not be. There is also Dorothea "Dodo" Chaplet, who travlled with the first Doctor before seh was erturnedot London 1966.

Spoiler:
                    Travelled with the Doctor between The Massacre of St Bartholemew's Eve and The War Machines.

After barely escaping the massacre of the Protestants in 1572 Paris, the Doctor and Steven arrive back in contemporary London, where a chirpy young woman, Dorothea Chaplet, (known as "Dodo"), enters the TARDIS, believing it to be a real Police Box.

Dodo's first adventure with the Doctor was an inauspicious one: her cold infected a community of space travellers, allowing their servants, the reptilian Monoids, to overthrow them.

After a series of exciting adventures, (including an encounter with the Toymaker, and a trip to witness the Gunfight at the OK Corral), the Doctor returned Dodo back to London, in 1966.

Original page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/class...ns/page7.shtml

So might not be Ace. Though the acroynme does suggest it might be

And you know when you're a Whovanian when you bother to go and look that up!
                    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                      Actually, it might not be. There is also Dorothea "Dodo" Chaplet, who travlled with the first Doctor before seh was erturnedot London 1966.

Spoiler:
                      Travelled with the Doctor between The Massacre of St Bartholemew's Eve and The War Machines.

After barely escaping the massacre of the Protestants in 1572 Paris, the Doctor and Steven arrive back in contemporary London, where a chirpy young woman, Dorothea Chaplet, (known as "Dodo"), enters the TARDIS, believing it to be a real Police Box.

Dodo's first adventure with the Doctor was an inauspicious one: her cold infected a community of space travellers, allowing their servants, the reptilian Monoids, to overthrow them.

After a series of exciting adventures, (including an encounter with the Toymaker, and a trip to witness the Gunfight at the OK Corral), the Doctor returned Dodo back to London, in 1966.

Original page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/class...ns/page7.shtml

So might not be Ace. Though the acroynme does suggest it might be

And you know when you're a Whovanian when you bother to go and look that up!
                      I'm of the opinion that it is Ace that Sarah Jane was mentioning. Dorothy = Ace. Dorothea = Dodo. A Charitable Earth = A.C.E. C'mon.

And you know you're a Whovian when you find there's more than a few times when you don't need to look things up any more because you've learnt and taken everything in about Doctor Who from your older cousins who were watching years before you were born and after your own personal 26-years worth of viewing and reading and listening and playing anything associated to Doctor Who and its spin-off's.

That's me I'm describing up there by the way.
                      Last edited by Alan; 16 November 2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Yes, it brought me joy too that Ian and Barbara are confirmed as being married. And that apparently they haven't aged since the 60's either. I think that's wonderful.

You only know half of those friends of the Doctor? Which half?
                        [LIST][*]Dr. Elizabeth 'Liz' Shaw helped the Doctor (in his 3rd incarnation) work on repairing the TARDIS during his exile in the 1970's.

[*]Tegan Jovanka travelled with the Doctor (in his 4th and 5th incarnations) and was one of three companions that witnessed his fourth regeneration.

[*]Surgeon Lieutenant Dr. Harry Sullivan worked for UNIT as its Chief Medical Officer from 1974 and helped the Doctor's 4th incarnation following his third regeneration and went on to travel with him and Sarah Jane Smith.

[*]Polly Wright and Ben Jackson travelled with the Doctor (in his 1st and 2nd incarnations) and witnessed his first regeneration.

[*]Ace (real name Dorothy McShane) travelled with the Doctor (in his 7th incarnation).
                        Well I recognise the names but Ian and Barabara are the only ones there I've seen a lot of, seen a few with Teagan, Harry and Liz but not watched the others.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Well I recognise the names but Ian and Barabara are the only ones there I've seen a lot of, seen a few with Teagan, Harry and Liz but not watched the others.
                          I hope you do get the opportunity to. Stories featuring Ben & Polly and Ace are on DVD now. More so for Ace. Unfortunately a lot of the stories featuring Ben and Polly's time with the Doctor are missing from the BBC archives.

Comment

You know you're a Whovian when you spend about 2 hours reading what makes others Whovians. (Did that last night)
                            sigpic

Comment

You know you're a whovian when you almost lose your head with anger when you know the Doctor is taking Harkness away from Torchwood but don't get a chance to see him, only hear the TARDIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Clandestine View Post
                                You know you're a Whovian when you spend about 2 hours reading what makes others Whovians. (Did that last night)
                                Really? What did you read exactly? The reason I ask you see is because I've had links to the Doctor Who Wiki - The TARDIS Index File - in my Sig here at GW for simply ages now as a courtesy for others who aren't all that familiar with the Whoniverse. My hope was that for my fellow fans to use it so they can contribute more to the A-Z, Hangman, Last Letter, and Word Association games here at GW and, hopefully, learn more about Doctor Who and its spin-off's at the same time. Whether anyone uses it I don't know, but I'd be thrilled to know that it has been and that its been a help for my fellow Whovians. I REALLY cannot recommend it enough. Its a great resource. Please, please check it out.

Here's the link again:

No excuses now. There's that link above and the ones below in my Sig which will ALWAYS be there. Totally recommended website.
                                Last edited by Alan; 18 November 2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X