No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone says that time is fluid you reply, "yes, it's a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey...stuff."

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
      someone says that time is fluid you reply, "yes, it's a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey...stuff."
      someone tried to say that time is linear once.

I quoted half of "Blink" before they shut me up.
      Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
      "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
      sigpic
      dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

You see a package at work addressed to a Sarah Jane Smith in London, and you get strange looks from your colleagues when you start chuckling...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
          someone tried to say that time is linear once.

I quoted half of "Blink" before they shut me up.
          i'd do the same.... i tried explaining the DW/TW timeline... yanno, like how you have to watch TW s1 after DW s2 but before s3 and then s2 before you can move onto s4 otherwise the continuity won't make sense but then the radio ep Lost Souls throws everything off... it clearly happens after TW s2 but most likely before DWs4 finale, b/c
          Spoiler:
          that's when martha finds out about owen and tosh, but she seemed to already know in tSE/JE
          my friend started complaining she was getting a headache... i replied "i know what happens when and how and the fact that time is a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff, and it still gives me a headache" she doesn't even watch DW, but she'll listen to me prattle on about it, bless her soul
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't even dare think about Jack's timeline because my head wants to esplode...

YKYW while watching 'Life' and you realize that the main character is what the Doctor would be like if he was rude and ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
              I don't even dare think about Jack's timeline because my head wants to esplode...

YKYW while watching 'Life' and you realize that the main character is what the Doctor would be like if he was rude and ginger
              Jack's timeline makes my head freaking HURT!

We know he was a time-hopper (to use the Doctor's term), but when the Doctor picked Jack up, Jack was in 1940-something, but then the Doctor drops Jack back in we-don't-know-when and Jack lives to go through all that...

So... Jack just fraks with the Doctor's bubble.

(Oh. My. God. That sounded WRONG!)
              Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
              "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
              sigpic
              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

You know you're a whovian...........

When you have the strangest dream.

I just got startled out of sleep........ I had the strangest dream, that I was a young kid and had gone to what looked like some big fair / festival kind of thing with a Dr. Who theme and I was walking around happy as can be and I remember holding the hand of what felt like my mother. I remember picking up what looked like a Tardis shaped money box made out of something like vinyl like material over some hard layer underneith, and I remember this woman who I think was my mum buying it for me for exactly £1.69.

It was just so freaky this, and I rmember wandering around all these stalls and stuff and getting cotton candy.Then I got this like cheap necklace thing with the Dr. Who logo dangling off it and the sky was starting to turn into evening. We wandered around this huge exhibit. There were items from the show and props, a few Dalek shells on display and I even spied one or two running about the place.

The last bit of this weird dream was we were standing with a crowd and watching this kind of stage thing done in what looked like a big long cargo container type thing but with one whole wall taken off and the ends removed. It was kind of hokey and stuff But I recall singing and stuff and this really warm sensation of being loved, and of it being a really good day.

Suddenly I felt like myself and I was awake in my bed, but it felt like for a moment I had been some other place and felt like this was a memory but I have never been to England and I have never been to a fair like that..

Anyway....Just had to write this all down....
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

during a game of Pictenary someone draws the top half of an observatory with telescope out and you call out, 'Dalek!'

Comment

You're watching an ep of NYPD Blue, and idly wonder if the New New York PD have a 27th precinct?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

BTW Anyone had a dream like the one I described. The day I posted that 3 people on the scifi group at yahoo also had similar dreams and we were all freaking out
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

^ wow freaky. no, i haven't had a dream like taht. sad to say i don't recall ever having a DW dream
                        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*
                        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I had one last night... For some reason I'd been left in charge of the TARDIS and everything was going wrong, to the point where a seal was trying to keep me as if as its pet.... I don't remember much of it, but I do remember trying to get back to the TARDIS and being hampered by the fact that a seal was refusing to let me leave
                          Spoiler:
                          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                          I caught frogs and called them prince
                          And made myself a queen
                          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                          I slept in castles and fell in love
                          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                          To capture tinkerbell
                          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                          And anything I can to get by
                          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

you lament the fact that you don't have a real TARDIS to use for 'show and tell' in Spanish class.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                              When you Rip your Hair out & foam at the mouth when somebody calls the Doctor "Doctor Who."
                              They do it all time in the TV programme here, is it too much to ask to at least watch 5 minutes of a show you're reviewing before you review it?!

Originally posted by Otera View Post
                              You start going "muuuuuum-mmmie, Muuuuuum-mie, Are you my mummy?" at random points...
                              Oh yes, all the time! And it so doesn't help I don't live in a country where English is spoken.
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

someone says to use 'name, rank, and serial number' as a way to introduce yourself you turn to your deskmate (who's a Whovian as well) and say, "How do you like my boots?"

Comment

Working...
                                X