You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I don't get that... I mean I do get the law but it's frelling ridiculous.

So you can't own a big LASER RIFILE. Like something out of Aliens or Star Trek. What do people in government seriously think you can cause trouble with a fictitious weapon that does not exist, except as a toy.
    Hey, you're preachin' to the choir here...

It really annoys the hell out of me that the guys in the 501st Black Sheep Squadron (Star Wars Stormtroopers etc.) and guys who dress up as the Colonial Marines from Aliens get to carry their replica weapons at events, and yet because Stargate is set in "the real world" SG-999 get their collective ears chewed off for carring airsoft P90s - which are unloaded, have the battery packs removed, and a bright red safety cap over the muzzle.

IMO, the P90 is a lot more sci-fi looking than the Pulse Rifle...

*Steps off soapbox*
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Hey, you're preachin' to the choir here...

It really annoys the hell out of me that the guys in the 501st Black Sheep Squadron (Star Wars Stormtroopers etc.) and guys who dress up as the Colonial Marines from Aliens get to carry their replica weapons at events, and yet because Stargate is set in "the real world" SG-999 get their collective ears chewed off for carring airsoft P90s - which are unloaded, have the battery packs removed, and a bright red safety cap over the muzzle.

IMO, the P90 is a lot more sci-fi looking than the Pulse Rifle...

*Steps off soapbox*

Oh don't worry we had a bigger fiasco here with the Transformers Megatron...

They made a Masterpiece Megatron which was really expensive and like the original from the TV series it transformed into a gun. Well you had to get a special permit from the Police here to get one if you wanted to buy it online.

you had to wait till customs held the item then produce a signed permit from the Police to get it released as it was classed as a "replcia weapon"
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        2 and 3 are straight-to-DVD releases. These things can kind of go below radar sometimes. I can't even remember how I learnt about the sequels myself tbh.
        ah! That explains it!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
          Whenever you visit this forum, look at the Google ads, they sometimes feature companies that sell magazine back issues.

Failing that, eBay again!
          very true, but since my parents don't know i'm collecting, and my credit card is under their name, i need someplace i can pay cash
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh don't worry we had a bigger fiasco here with the Transformers Megatron...

They made a Masterpiece Megatron which was really expensive and like the original from the TV series it transformed into a gun. Well you had to get a special permit from the Police here to get one if you wanted to buy it online.

you had to wait till customs held the item then produce a signed permit from the Police to get it released as it was classed as a "replcia weapon"
            A buddy of mine almost got the "rubber glove treatment" off a security guard at Cardiff airport cos they hadn't a clue what his toy Sonic Screwdriver was, and - apparently - thought it could be some kind of weapon...
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

A buddy of mine almost got the "rubber glove treatment" off a security guard at Cardiff airport cos they hadn't a clue what his toy Sonic Screwdriver was, and - apparently - thought it could be some kind of weapon...
              omg!!! that is so hilarious, but oh so wrong..... how can you live and work in Cardiff and not know what a sonic screwdriver is? even if you aren't a DW fan, that's still just shameful....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                very true, but since my parents don't know i'm collecting, and my credit card is under their name, i need someplace i can pay cash
                Your parents are so tight arsed that you dare not let them know you read Torchwood magazines?????

You could try using one of those prepay credit cards you can get in newsagents then.
                My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

actually they even don't know what Torchwood is let alone i watch it and it's not that... it's the fact that i'm spending money when i have no steady income... but since they have no control over the amount of hard cash i carry, they can't stop me from spending it
                  sigpic

Comment

ROFL that's such a great story. bet he tells that everywhere
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

That's terrible..... Did he manage to explain what it was?

I have the Master's sonic screwdriver, and the Doctor's one too. There's also one with a UV light for sending secret messages on paper.

I can't believe I had to get a police permit to get a toy that isn't a gun, but that looks like a gun
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

That's terrible..... Did he manage to explain what it was?
                        Fortunately, one of the guard's colleagues was more "in the know" and explained things.

I can't believe I had to get a police permit to get a toy that isn't a gun, but that looks like a gun
                        When I was a kid, back in the 70s, me and my friends used to run about daft during the sumer holidays playing at soldiers etc. We'd be absolutely dripping with various toy guns and so on.

Never did us any harm.
                        sigpic

Comment

When I was a kid, back in the 70s, me and my friends used to run about daft during the sumer holidays playing at soldiers etc. We'd be absolutely dripping with various toy guns and so on.

Never did us any harm.
                          The reason for the law is not because they think having the toy guns will will harm the kids but that the toys may be used to commit "armed" robbery.

Apparently there were a lot of seven year olds holding up banks with water pistols
                          My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                            The reason for the law is not because they think having the toy guns will will harm the kids but that the toys may be used to commit "armed" robbery.

Apparently there were a lot of seven year olds holding up banks with water pistols
                            Which of course explains why modern water pistols are all made of bright neon coloured plastic...
                            sigpic

Comment

you're by an office door window you can't help but give someone a double thumbs up and grin like an idiot

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

You're following behind a construction truck with Moffett written on the back and you think, hey, isn't that a someone associated with Doctor Who?

Happened, Friday. LOL
                                Shelly
                                My Photos
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X