No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, my buddy Cap'n Dave (who does a spot on Tom Baker imitation) does this.

When his missus phones him, he answers with the line "Is this the evil Time Lady known as (pause) The Wife?"
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

you hear about a two-inch gun that was invented and wonder if that's what Jack was using at the Game Station.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

when you're walking around san francisco with your cousins and you see a serivice telephone in a blue and red box that says police call box, your mind supplies a "wtf?! but, but, but... it's so tiny!!! di the tardis' chameleon circut malfuction even more?"

when you kick yourself repeatedly for not snapping a picture of said police call box... i blame it on emotional shock... we were walking around sf after our grandmother passed away...
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
          when you're walking around san francisco with your cousins and you see a serivice telephone in a blue and red box that says police call box, your mind supplies a "wtf?! but, but, but... it's so tiny!!! di the tardis' chameleon circut malfuction even more?"

when you kick yourself repeatedly for not snapping a picture of said police call box... i blame it on emotional shock... we were walking around sf after our grandmother passed away...
          That would have been hilarius to see if you took a picture. Maybe The Doctor was there for some strange reason?

I send my condolences to you, Lilith. I understand how you feel, since I had a hard time getting used to the fact that one of my grandparents passed away.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

yea... but it was a half blue, half red box on top of a red pole with "police call box" stenciled on the blue side... and the blue was the exact same shade as the TARDIS... i may be able to find a pic via google...

eta: this isn't the one i found, but you get the picture http://projectthreesixtyfive.blogspo...lp-police.html
            Last edited by Lilith; 24 March 2008, 04:55 PM.
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

Warm condolences and hugs Lilith.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

your friend starts talking about a man-sl*t and you say, "What about Jack?"

Comment

Cap'n Dave's named his youngest son Jamie, in honour of Jamie McCrimmon.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'll prolly name my daughters after Who girls if I find miss right and we get preggers

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                      I'll prolly name my daughters after Who girls if I find miss right and we get preggers
                      Funnily enough, I was in Glasgow a while ago and I'm sure I heard a young mum addressing her toddler daughter as Tegan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Tegan is a very common name down here. My massage therapist is called Tegan.... Her best girlfriend is also a Tegan

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                          Tegan is a very common name down here. My massage therapist is called Tegan.... Her best girlfriend is also a Tegan
                          Fair enough.

I've always been of the opinion that, when naming a child, you have to try what I call "The window test".

I.E. Leaning out of a window and bellowing said name at the top of your voice - "TEGAN! ROMANA! DINNER TIME!"

If you don't feel even remotely silly or embarrassed while doing it, the name passes the test.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Fair enough.

I've always been of the opinion that, when naming a child, you have to try what I call "The window test".

I.E. Leaning out of a window and bellowing said name at the top of your voice - "TEGAN! ROMANA! DINNER TIME!"

If you don't feel even remotely silly or embarrassed while doing it, the name passes the test.
                            If you're truly hardcore, it's 'Romanadvoratelundar', of course. That might pass the window test (because you can shorten it) but would you want to ask the bishop to say it at confirmation? More importantly, balancing Whovianism and parenting, are you prepared for you child to wear that badge at school?

"Ben?"
                            "Here."
                            "Harry?"
                            "Here."
                            "Romanadvoratrelundar?"
                            (Mumblemumble)
                            "Romanadvoratrelundar?"
                            (Mumblemumble)
                            "Romanadvoratrelundar of the House of Hearts' Haven Susan Perpugilliam Leela Dodo Zoe Sarah-Jane Rose Tegan Smith, are you here?"
                            (sob)

There is a point at which fandom becomes cruelty.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Small children are the cruelest creatures on the planet.
                              sigpic

Comment

But they're so adorable when they're not yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X