You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
    Do they use episode titles in the CSI NY shows, or any of the others?

In all the years they have screened the show here in Australia they have
    never put up the episode titles?
    the episodes have names, they just don't put them up, at least from what i can remember the last time i've seen any of the CSIs
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Do they use episode titles in the CSI NY shows, or any of the others?

In all the years they have screened the show here in Australia they have
      never put up the episode titles?
      Most TV shows name their episodes, but don't bother putting the names on the credits. I assume the names are either there to make international marketing easier, or for the benefit of TV guides, or to satisfy the writers (or all three). CSI is one such show, and you can find a list of episode names here:
      http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/newyork/

You can usually find a list of episode names for any show by going to Google and doing a search like:
      +"CSI New York" +"episode guide"
      (the plus signs and quote marks are necessary, but obviously you can replace CSI New York with whichever show you are looking for)

Looking up a list of CSI New York episodes gave me another "You Know You're a Whovian When...":

You know you're a Whovian when you look up a list of episode titles for CSI New York, and smile when you see that the first ever episode of CSI New York was called "Blink"!
      My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Ok, this would be "Time's Up", CSI: NY season 4, ep 4, which just aired in the US last night.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post

Looking up a list of CSI New York episodes gave me another "You Know You're a Whovian When...":

You know you're a Whovian when you look up a list of episode titles for CSI New York, and smile when you see that the first ever episode of CSI New York was called "Blink"!
          there's a Eureka ep by that name, too. i kept looking out for the statues
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I've been watching tonight's ep of CSI: New York. Not my usual fare, but the premise was about a guy traveling in time and I figured it'd be funny. It was. Someone even made a reference to "paging Doctor Who..." so:

YKYAWW... Someone refers to the character as "Doctor Who" and you have to stifle the urge to point out that the character's name is just "The Doctor." Of course a majority of the audience probably wouldn't have gotten the reference without the "Who" but still.

And then later in the ep...

Spoiler:
            YKYAWW... you recognize the sound of a TARDIS when it crops up in another time machine.
            i was watching that too last night... tho i missed the TARDIS sounds b/c i was watching Life too....
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
              When you Rip your Hair out & foam at the mouth when somebody calls the Doctor "Doctor Who."
              Even when the badguys refer to him as Dr Who onscreen?

Comment

no... on screen it's a running gag.... they do it atleast once a series.... Rose did it first ep, Jackie did it during the Christmas invasion, Mickey's done it twice, Martha did it once, and so did Donna..... it's fun trying catch them doing it on screen as many times as possible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                  no... on screen it's a running gag.... they do it atleast once a series.... Rose did it first ep, Jackie did it during the Christmas invasion, Mickey's done it twice, Martha did it once, and so did Donna..... it's fun trying catch them doing it on screen as many times as possible
                  yeah, also in the peter cushing movies he was actually called Dr Who, because of law suits and stuff

You Know You're a Whovian When... you rent a flat that has a garage with a friend, even though neither of you drive or own a car, for the sole purpose of using it as a workshop for building daleks!!
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    yeah, also in the peter cushing movies he was actually called Dr Who, because of law suits and stuff

You Know You're a Whovian When... you rent a flat that has a garage with a friend, even though neither of you drive or own a car, for the sole purpose of using it as a workshop for building daleks!!
                    Sweet. How many Daleks have you built?

Comment

none yet, moving in in november, then we'll build them. we have the plans and know people who know people that have built them before, so when we have some we'll sell them on ebay.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

What lawsuits?
                        My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                          What lawsuits?
                          Yeah, what lawsuits?
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

copyright infringements.... when the Doctor is mentioned on-screen in a different series and called Doctor Who, it's to avoid copyright infringements b/c the writers are too cheap and lazy to go buy leasings.... and technically they can't get sued b/c every Whovian on any level is adamant that his name is the Doctor and not Doctor Who.....
                            sigpic

Comment

none yet, moving in in november, then we'll build them. we have the plans and know people who know people that have built them before, so when we have some we'll sell them on ebay.

Would they make an effective prank if you rigged one or two with
                              radio control and had them out in the street.... But painted jet black
                              with no lights but the voice? And in the late evening when its just in
                              between the last bits of daylight and about to become evening...

Would that be spooky to prank on people in the street?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Would they make an effective prank if you rigged one or two with
                                radio control and had them out in the street.... But painted jet black
                                with no lights but the voice? And in the late evening when its just in
                                between the last bits of daylight and about to become evening...

Would that be spooky to prank on people in the street?
                                that gives me an idea for a Whovian Huanted House.... Daleks and cybermen lining the walkway to the TARDIS which actully opens up to the garage... the garage itself filled with some of the scarier creatures the Doctor has run into... throw in some Torchwood stuff....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X